Plan to install remote (keyless) entry system in my 2013 Honda City EMT

smarty

Hi guys,

I have a 2013 Honda City EMT. It didn't come with the keyless entry system.
I wish to have it installed now.
Would be great if you could answer my questions :
  1. Which brand has best keyless entry systems and which one should I install for my Honda City?
  2. Where in Pune can I install it? (Need someone reliable as installing it would be like mostly dealing with all electrical of the car and I don't want anyone to mess up things there)
  3. Has anyone fitted something for a Honda City? If yes, how long it's been and what's your opinion about it?
Thank you!

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best way to go about this would be to first approach the Honda service centre and ask whether they can retrofit a keyless entry system in your car. If they tell you it is not possible I would advise you to proceed with great caution if any other shop is willing to do the job. In all likelihood your car's wiring harness does not support a retrofit.
Do keep us updated.

smarty

The best way to go about this would be to first approach the Honda service centre and ask whether they can retrofit a keyless entry system in your car. If they tell you it is not possible I would advise you to proceed with great caution if any other shop is willing to do the job. In all likelihood your car's wiring harness does not support a retrofit.
Do keep us updated.
Asked the Deccan Honda guys in Pune, they suggested that I get it done from some outside vendor. They're not ready to do this work. Strange!

the great

Have you or your friend fitted it in honda city? I don't want to screw up the car electricals by any chance.
I have had it installed on my Swift since 2010. No electrical or any other problems faced till date.
Don't know anyone using it on a City.

deepam

Super User
Smarty.
Contact the Autocop, get it fitted from them directly. They will do a fair job.
I had got it fitted in my friend's Indica 12+ years back and it is working fine till date. No electrical problems were reported till date.

smarty

Smarty.
Contact the Autocop, get it fitted from them directly. They will do a fair job.
I had got it fitted in my friend's Indica 12+ years back and it is working fine till date. No electrical problems were reported till date.
Yep, seems a good idea @deepam .
Any idea where they are in Pune?

the great

Ok, and it was installed in Maruti service center or any other vendor?
Bought it from an accessory shop here in Mumbai and it was installed by the Autocop engineer. No need to worry as they are trained guys. For these same jobs the company service centers charge a bomb imo.