Planning a trip to Zanskar valley, Leh from Bangalore

shyamkrish

Hi All,

I have been planning to make my first trip to Ladakh for the last few years. Finally decided to do it this year. After lots of research i have planned to cover Zanskar valley from Srinagar and then travel out of Leh from the Manali side. I would like to visit several villages on the way (layamuru, Kanji, Dah etc).

I dont have a hard time limit and want to keep my stay a bit flexible. Iam looking at least 3 weeks or more. My mode of transport will be by road on my Gypsy which is new (bought last year) and has only 8k on odometer.

Would love to be a part of a larger group since iam currently solo. I know the Zanskar route is very very challenging/unpredictable and iam not very familiar with my car . Iam planning to do the trip in early june 2018.

Just wanted to check if anyone else would like to join me??

Thanks
Shyam

Dry Ice

Hi All,

I have been planning to make my first trip to Ladakh for the last few years. Finally decided to do it this year. After lots of research i have planned to cover Zanskar valley from Srinagar and then travel out of Leh from the Manali side. I would like to visit several villages on the way (layamuru, Kanji, Dah etc).

I dont have a hard time limit and want to keep my stay a bit flexible. Iam looking at least 3 weeks or more. My mode of transport will be by road on my Gypsy which is new (bought last year) and has only 8k on odometer.

Would love to be a part of a larger group since iam currently solo. I know the Zanskar route is very very challenging/unpredictable and iam not very familiar with my car . Iam planning to do the trip in early june 2018.

Just wanted to check if anyone else would like to join me??

Thanks
Shyam
Gypsy is a capable vehicle, you shouldn't have any problems. Be sure to not service it just before the trip. Once serviced/worked on, let it settle a bit. Drive around before the trip to iron out any niggles. They are often small, but on a long trip can cause unnecessary headache and delays.

As for Dha - Hanu villages, I think you need permissions from Kargil DC. You can try to get the permissions once you are back from Zanskar. Since you don't have any time constraints, enjoy it to the fullest. :)

I am thinking of visiting Zanskar in 2018, but, currently not sure when will I be able to do it. Either in June or maybe towards Sep end.

yusuf nihal

i am interested in travelling. i am planning for a trip after ramadan thats around last of june. plz mail me if you are still looking for a travel buddy