Planning for Family Trip

Vikas2106

Hello to all members,

I am planning for family trip, can anyone suggest me the best hill station option from Delhi onward, planning to go by my own car.
Hope to have some suggestions.

Vikas2106

Sorry for creating thread in wrong section,

It will be 4-5 days trip, planning in next month mid may. Want to do travel by own car.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
If that is the case, then my suggestion would be to do the following:

Day 1: Delhi to Sarahan, long journey so make sure to start around 4 am.

Day 2: Sarahan local sightseeing (Bhimakali Temple and Bird Park), then leave for Kalpa.

Day 3: Kalpa sightseeing (Fort, Monastery and Temple), visit Suicide Point and Roghi Village.

Day 4: Kalpa to Narkanda or Chail.

Day 5: Back to Delhi.

Only in case of the first day, you will have to drive 12 hours or more.

Instead of Kalpa, you can visit Sangla and Chitkul if you want, but the road is comparatively worse.

Make sure to book hotels in advance.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Dharamshala and McLeodganj are options as well, but will be crowded. Prashar Lake along with Tirthan Valley can be done in the time frame you have and you can bundle it up with a short visit to Manali, in order to see snow.

Nitish Kumar

Dharamshala and McLeodganj are options as well, but will be crowded. Prashar Lake along with Tirthan Valley can be done in the time frame you have and you can bundle it up with a short visit to Manali, in order to see snow.
Just wanted to check if road to Parashar lake repaired? I guess construction was going on in that area

Nitish Kumar @Nkumar_

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Just wanted to check if road to Parashar lake repaired? I guess construction was going on in that area

Nitish Kumar @Nkumar_
I seriously doubt it would be repaired fully. It is of low priority and although construction work is going on, it will still be bad.