Planning for Zanskar in August, please suggest on below items

Suneesh Sharma

Love my Iron Beast
Yes

In Black, Diesel is available at Small villages in Ladakh.
It is adulterated too.
Why are you so much worried about Petrol / diesel ?
Tank up to full and have a good can for your requirement.
2 Litres Cold Drink Bottles with proper capping can be good container.
Yes, thanks. Already planning to take a 20 L jerrycan. Actually leh to hanle is approx 25 kms. Means at hanle approx half tank will be empty. Then from hanle to Umling la back and forth is around 180-200 kms. That means fuel that I had got from Leh is all exhausted.
So one Jerry can will help me to come back for approx 200-250 kms if I am returning from Hanle towards keylong. So to be on safer side wanted to have extra fuel at Hanle.
Have got some info that Sonam Dorjey at Hanle does provides decent quality petrol .
Rest let's see how it goes.

Thanks for your reply @adsatinder ji

Suneesh Sharma

Love my Iron Beast
Please be careful about the jerrycan quality. Fuel carried inside vehicle on rough roads becomes a problem.
Yes noted. Thanks.
Have taken from my friend who had earlier took it while his journey to Leh and Hanle. As per him quality is really good.

Sent from my V2055 using Tapatalk

Suneesh Sharma

Love my Iron Beast
So here is a part of preparation.

Car being inspected at FASS and cleaned before it takes bath in mud and dust

Guys at service center inspected the car fully and cleaned the break pads. It has only done 20k kms so nothing to worry about wear and tear.
Also got the air filter cleaned . Regular service was done a month back.

Sent from my V2055 using Tapatalk

varoon9999

Hi Suneesh, all the very best for your adventure filled trip ahead.

I am also planning to visit Zanskar in 1st week of September on Bike, I have over a week with me to travel across Zanskar.
Will be starting from Chamba (HP), probable route Chamba-Sach Pass-Kilad-Keylong-Darcha-Padum-Kargil-Pathankot-Chamba.
If there are rains then I may do-Chamba- Manali-Darcha-Padum-Kargil-Pathankot-Chamba.
Let me know if anyone else is planning during this time frame.

Suneesh Sharma

Love my Iron Beast
Hi Suneesh, all the very best for your adventure filled trip ahead.

I am also planning to visit Zanskar in 1st week of September on Bike, I have over a week with me to travel across Zanskar.
Will be starting from Chamba (HP), probable route Chamba-Sach Pass-Kilad-Keylong-Darcha-Padum-Kargil-Pathankot-Chamba.
If there are rains then I may do-Chamba- Manali-Darcha-Padum-Kargil-Pathankot-Chamba.
Let me know if anyone else is planning during this time frame.
Hi @varoon9999 thanks for your wishes and best wishes to you as well.
Yes in case if rains are less then your 1st plan looks fantastic and filled with adventure.

Will let you know in case if anyone is planning during same time. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk