Portraiture is a window to the soul !!

Bakkerwal kids, Farman Ali (lt) and Manchu Ali (rt) were all smiles on being photographed. Farman Ali is mature way beyond his 13 years, realising the value of education and wanting to give up this lifestyle for a life in classrooms. Manchu is a different breed.
"Ae taan sakool ton nath jaanda hai", is what Farman told us.
(He runs away from school)
"What do you do in case someone falls ill?" I asked him.
"Khule de vich rehende haan. Kaun bimar paye ga!" was his prompt response. (We live in the outdoors. we won't fall ill)
Their Dogri dialect being very similar to Punjabi, it was easy to engage them in light banter.

IMG_93671.jpg

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Bakkerwal kids, Farman Ali (lt) and Manchu Ali (rt) were all smiles on being photographed. Farman Ali is mature way beyond his 13 years, realising the value of education and wanting to give up this lifestyle for a life in classrooms. Manchu is a different breed.
"Ae taan sakool ton nath jaanda hai", is what Farman told us.
(He runs away from school)
"What do you do in case someone falls ill?" I asked him.
"Khule de vich rehende haan. Kaun bimar paye ga!" was his prompt response. (We live in the outdoors. we won't fall ill)
Their Dogri dialect being very similar to Punjabi, it was easy to engage them in light banter.

View attachment 714553
Superb click Doc. You don't seize to amaze me with your "Full of Life" images. Take a bow!