Portraiture is a window to the soul !!

dichkaun

Break Time
----------
Young lamas at play

I was in Gangtok, visiting the Gonjang Monastery where I found myself during the meal time for the young Lamas. Like all youngsters, they were more interested in playing rather than eating.

In this picture, two young lamas are playing with a thipli - bunch of rubber bands tied together to form a bouncing bunch
Link: https://lslightpaintings.wordpress.com/2017/11/11/break-time/

Camera: Olympus E-M10ii
Lens: Olympus M.12-40F2.8
Exposure: 12mm, F/2.8, 1/400s, ISO200
Editing: Lightroom + Gimp (Border)

dichkaun

Ladakhi Cowboy
--------------
A Yak herdsman relaxes after a day of work at Rumtse on the Manali-Leh highway.

Rumtse is a small village nestled in a Rupshu Valley on the Ladakh side of Taglang La(Pass). It mostly consists of a few houses on either side of the Manali-Leh highway and is a starting point of treks to nearby Tso Kar as well as distant Kibber in Spiti, Himanchal Pradesh.

Returning from Leh I made an impromptu stop here and then the idleness of the village made me stay for the night.

Since it was early evening, I planted myself outside one of the shops and chatted with anyone I could find. A few free locals gathered and we swapped stories.

The picture above is of a local herdsman who was relaxing after hard days work. He had brought his herd of Yaks from a remote meadow in preparation for upcoming shearing.

https://lslightpaintings.wordpress.com/…/11/26/ladakhi-cow…/

Technical details: Canon G1X Mk2, F/8, 1/320s, ISO800, 62.5mm
Editing: Lightroom + GIMP (Border/Text)

dichkaun

Pearly Whites
-------------
A small girl poses for a picture at a Govt School on the outskirts of Bangalore

A few weeks back I was at a school for a company organized volunteer visit. It was a typical of a small village school with a verandah in front and a row of classes with a few windows.

After the classes we gather the kids for a few games and activities. Amidst the activities, this kids walked up to me and pointed at the camera asking me to take a picture. As I lifted the camera, she flashed a brilliant smile and held it for me to take a picture.

Link: https://lslightpaintings.wordpress.com/2017/12/10/pearly-whites/

Technical Details
Camera: Olympus E-M10ii
Lens: Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8
Exposure: 45mm, F/2.5, 1/40s, ISO1600
Editing: Lightroom + Gimp (Border)

dichkaun

Look This Way

Young boys turning their heads at the call of "look this way" during meal time at a Govt School on the outskirts of Bangalore

In July 2017, I was at a school for a company organized volunteer visit. It was a typical of a small village school with a verandah in front and a row of classes with a few windows.

After the classes the kids sat down on the verandah for the afternoon lunch. It was a great opportunity to take some pictures of a daily activity in a rural school. As I shouted out to grab their attention, many of them turned their heads looking towards me.

Link: Look This Way

Technical details: F/1.8, 1/1250s, ISO200, 45mm
Editing: Lightroom + GIMP (Border/Text)