Portraiture is a window to the soul !!

dichkaun

Lost Gaze
-------------
A traveling priest, lost in thought, while waiting to hitch a ride near the temple town of Srinagar, Uttarakhand, India

Riding out early morning from Rudraprayag, I crossed the Alaknanda river at Srinagar and halted at hamlet of Maletha for a quick breakfast.

Apart from the owner, there was a middle-aged baba at the place. Yearning for a conversation I sat down at the same table with babaji and started chatting. Babaji was waiting for the bus. I was surprised to find the babaji quite well-traveled across India, from the temples of south to a few in the far north-east, mostly on train, bus and a good distance by foot.

The solo traveling by foot intrigued me. Carrying a small bundle of clothes and little other possessions, he relied of food donation to get along.

Link: Lost Gaze
Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + 14-42mm, 42mm, F/8, 1/80s, ISO1600

This picture is from the Spiti Bike Ride which is blogged at: 2400Km of Solo Spiti Sauntering – Compendium

Roshni

Lost Gaze
-------------
A traveling priest, lost in thought, while waiting to hitch a ride near the temple town of Srinagar, Uttarakhand, India

Riding out early morning from Rudraprayag, I crossed the Alaknanda river at Srinagar and halted at hamlet of Maletha for a quick breakfast.

Apart from the owner, there was a middle-aged baba at the place. Yearning for a conversation I sat down at the same table with babaji and started chatting. Babaji was waiting for the bus. I was surprised to find the babaji quite well-traveled across India, from the temples of south to a few in the far north-east, mostly on train, bus and a good distance by foot.

The solo traveling by foot intrigued me. Carrying a small bundle of clothes and little other possessions, he relied of food donation to get along.

Link: Lost Gaze
Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + 14-42mm, 42mm, F/8, 1/80s, ISO1600

This picture is from the Spiti Bike Ride which is blogged at: 2400Km of Solo Spiti Sauntering – Compendium
Eye Contact is captured Amazingly.

Admin01

Administrator
I don’t photograph people as regularly as I photograph the landscape, architecture and automobiles. In fact, portraits seemed to have taken a complete backseat, ever since I broke my Canon 50 mm (yet to get it fixed) a couple of years ago. But on a fun trip to the hills with friends, it is unjust to not shoot a few portraits, even if they have to be shot with the aging Tamron 17-50. More portraits coming, sooner or later :D.

YS-2059.jpg
YS-2063.jpg
YS-2077.jpg
YS-2156.jpg
YS-2187.jpg
YS-2223.jpg
YS-2229.jpg

dichkaun

A young boy cooks meat over a slab of rock engulfed by rising flames.

Every year, Ramadan time presents a great opportunity to food lovers to indulge in some excellent non-vegetarian street food. There are street stall in several parts of the city and one can choose from a pick of locations.
It is also a great opportunity to do some night street photography. This year I hopped around from Shivaji Nagar, to MM Road on Frazer town to Bilal Masjid on Bannerghatta Road. As always the people were more interesting to photograph than the food.

The above picture was taken on the ground near Bilal Masjid. What the picture does not convey is the sizzle of cooking food and aroma floating in the air.

Technical details: Olympus E-M10ii + Lumix 20/1.7ii, F/2.8, 1/125s, ISO800