Preparing your car for Ladakh

jamesbicky

Hiiiiiiii,
i own a 1999 model Tata Sierra engine in excellent condition only little interior and exterior cosmetics work needed :p need your help and guidence as me and 4 of my frnds are planning to for trip to ladakh amd i am from Hyderabad (AP) i am totally new to this

rbhasin11

Live Young...Live Free...
I need to buy a toolkit for my car. I already have these two toolkits:

Callmate 31 In1 Magnetic Multi-function Toolkit - Buy Mobile Accessories Online @ Snapdeal

Buy Newtronext 40 pcs Tool Kit (Ratchet Screwdriver) @ Best Prices | Snapdeal

Are these sufficient? If not, could anyone pls suggest an ideal toolkit, which is not too expensive and at the same time, covers the most basic tools? Also, where do I buy it from? I have come across some of these products. Need help in making a choice.

Buy Nomex Manual Hand Tool Kit- 147 Pcs @ Best Prices | Snapdeal

Buy Keya's World Tool Kit - 34 Pcs @ Best Prices | Snapdeal

Buy BOSCH-SKIL Mini Hand Tool Set - 25 Pcs @ Best Prices | Snapdeal

FORCE Branded 1/4" Socket Combination Set 46Pc DIY Repair Tool Kit Multi Bits | eBay

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Get in touch with mechanics in your service center, check with them the size of various wrenches etc. you would need to fix small issues on the road, head to Karol Bagh, ask any mechanic, where you can buy good quality tools, get the custom set purchased from there. It would be cheaper and likely sturdier.

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Recently, my Linea had the sixth servicing [paid, 62 k km, 4 years] done at Ramkay FIAT, Chennai costing :r: 31,779 with replacements of all oils, fluids, filters, belts with stretchers, clutch kit, brake pads/discs, link rods, swinging arms, spark plugs, etc. Now, my Linea is fully ready for yet another mega trip covering HP and J&K in September 2013. :)

Hi,

I am planning to do Ladakh in september in my swift 2008 model. But i came to know that cars older than 4 years are not allowed on rohtang pass.
Can anybody please through light on this??

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
It is only applicable for taxis going up to Rohtang Jot. No such restriction for personal vehicles or those going beyond Rohtang Jot.

anir1980

Hi I am planning visit Ladakh in Sep-14 and plan to take my i-20 petrol. Needed advise on the following:
1. Is i-20 petrol good enough for Mumbai-ladakh-mumbai.
2. Is Sep-14 a good time to travel considering weather and car.
3. Should i avoid manali leh route and instead enter ladakh from Srinagar and exit from Manali.