Procedure to shift bike from one state to another

realnapster

Bloody Junior Guy
Hi Fellas,

I have Royal Enfield Electra 5s and i am relocating to Bangalore for next 2 years. I am carrying the bike along with me in Karnataka Express on August 28, 2010. I have few queries regarding the bike transfer from Delhi to Bangalore. The Bike is in my name and i have all the documents with me.

1. Do i have to visit the Bangalore RTO Office for some formalities ?

Please suggest if there are some other todo's involved in the process.

thanks & regards
realnapster

TIMAP

1)For any vehicle which you need to ply on other states roads for a period of more thant one year,the rule says that you need to get your vehicle registered in another state.
For registering you need to:
a)Take NOC from delhi.You can also apply for refund of Road tax if your vehicle is quite new.
b)Apply with NOC,RC book,PUC,Insurance copy in original to RTO office of Bangalore.
c)Tell them strictly that you need to drive this vehicle only for 2 years so you need to pay road tax for only two years nothing more than that.
d)Pay vehicle registration fees,octroi (if they demand for) and get yourself a Banglore number plate.

For period of less than 1 year you need not re register your vehicle.Just inform bangalore rto and pay road tax for 1 year.You should not take NOC unless and until you want to re register your vehicle with some other states registration authority

For more details you can read on INDIABIKE.COM - Buying/Selling Two Wheelers, Bike Finance, Prices, Auto Industry News & Reviews Go to Dr Parischas Qestion answers.

realnapster

Bloody Junior Guy
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Few more queries:

1. Do i need to pay anything in order to get NOC from Delhi ?

2. How much road tax needs to be paid in Bangalore ? (Any rough Idea)

Looking forward to your answer.

TIMAP

1)No need to pay anything for NOC except some few10-20rs for Form Cost.
2)I dont know but I estimate 5-6% of either your original value of bike or the calculated value of your bike.(Taking depreciation in account)

Alok Sharma

Mountain Goat....!!
In bangalore (Karnataka), you will have to pay lifetime tax....unless they have changed the rules in recent past.

I also read in some newspaper in bangalore itself that there is a ruling now that if you have paid the lifetime tax in one state you need not pay any tax if you are moving to another state.....Don't know if it is implemented....However, you will need to inform the visiting state RTO that you have moved to the area under their jurisdiction and will be staying there for x no of months etc....

I however decided to get the Delhi number of my City, when i moved from Bangalore to Delhi last year....I paid the complete tax @4% of invoice value and will be applying for refund of tax paid in bangalore.

Tax in bangalore is 14% for vehicles with upto 1500cc and 16% for cars wth higher cc. Feel its 14% for bikes then.

Praful

Guru
I would suggest you come down with your bike just like that. No need to get any papers or anything.

See if you are getting caught, recently a ruling has been passed because of which out state vehicles are no longer being harassed.

Still if the cops bother you, go ahead and pay the life time road tax for KA. No NOC, etc required.

After paying LTT in KA you can get a pro-rata refund of the LTT you paid in your home state, but getting out the refund is a royal PITA and in the end usually not worth it.

I am running a TN registered bike here in Bangalore for 2 years. No LTT, No NOC. But that's me, I am not paying these buggers a penny unless the rules change (i.e. Road Tax becomes centralized) or it comes to the point where my vehicle might be impounded.

realnapster

Bloody Junior Guy
Thanks for replying fellas.

I have booked my train ticket for August 28, 2010. Will be coming from Karnataka Express. I will surely get the NOC from Delhi and if needed i will visit the RTO in Bangalore.

Looking forward to meet some fellow BCMT'ians in Bangalore.

Thanks for replying fellas.

I have booked my train ticket for August 28, 2010. Will be coming from Karnataka Express. I will surely get the NOC from Delhi and if needed i will visit the RTO in Bangalore.

Looking forward to meet some fellow BCMT'ians in Bangalore.
Realnapster, do not take NOC from Delhi. You need to re register your bike in KA then. My bike and my car are running fine here without any issues since 1 year. I have done a decent amount of long trips on both of them without any issues. Just need to have complete documents and ride safely.

realnapster

Bloody Junior Guy
Realnapster, do not take NOC from Delhi. You need to re register your bike in KA then. My bike and my car are running fine here without any issues since 1 year. I have done a decent amount of long trips on both of them without any issues. Just need to have complete documents and ride safely.
Well that's an interesting piece of information.