Procedure to shift bike from one state to another

Virujd

Hi,
I am shifting to mumbai from bangalore for 3 months, i need to take my bike with me, its KA registered. I intend to come back after 3 months. Plz tell me what all will i have to do for smooth ride in mumbai. NOC? Any 1 year tax? State tax? Do i go to mumbai rto to get any form/certificate etc? Do i sumbit any paper at either city?.
Bike's just 2 yrs old with everything up to date.
Need your help, thanks!

realnapster

Bloody Junior Guy
Hi,
I am shifting to mumbai from bangalore for 3 months, i need to take my bike with me, its KA registered. I intend to come back after 3 months. Plz tell me what all will i have to do for smooth ride in mumbai. NOC? Any 1 year tax? State tax? Do i go to mumbai rto to get any form/certificate etc? Do i sumbit any paper at either city?.
Bike's just 2 yrs old with everything up to date.
Need your help, thanks!
Nothing needed. Just ship your bike to Mumbai.

If you are shipping it using Train then just keep the booking slip with you which you can show to traffic guy. Nobody will question you for first 6 months. If you are using any courier agency keep the receipt with you.

No tax need to be paid in any of the states.

Happy Riding

Virujd

If you are shipping it using Train then just keep the booking slip with you which you can show to traffic guy. Nobody will question you for first 6 months. If you are using any courier agency keep the receipt with you.

Happy Riding
U r a life saver bro! Will be shipping it via Gati. Will keep the slip. Thanks a ton, god bless

bikewonder

I have brought my brother bike from bangalore to hyderabad. Now my brother is in foreign and i want to transfer the bike to my name. What should i do? I dont have the NOC from bangalore. Is there any alternate way?

HELP!

bhairav

I have brought my brother bike from bangalore to hyderabad. Now my brother is in foreign and i want to transfer the bike to my name. What should i do? I dont have the NOC from bangalore. Is there any alternate way?

HELP!
Please read reply from realnapster below

Happy Riding

Virujd

My experience 4months after shifting to mumbai from blr:
- Cops do not stop you unnecessarily seeing different state Registration. I drive freely everyday.
- I was once caught for a wrong u-turn, the cop did Not ask for NOC etc, he asked License, Registration, PUC & Insurance (which i showed, all up to date). I always carry my shipping receipt, but the cop did even ask for that.
Cheers!

sabyasachi

wanderer
hello all,

need some help from you guys !!

I am having Achiever with Gujarat number (GJ 11). I am shifting back to my native West Bengal.
I want to know what are the procedure to do all these? to tell you...my this bike is quite new (bought this Jan'14 !!). so will i get any advantage or something like that?

incase of plan B, how about selling my bike back to the showroom ??

Rohit Kumar

Realnapster, do not take NOC from Delhi. You need to re register your bike in KA then. My bike and my car are running fine here without any issues since 1 year. I have done a decent amount of long trips on both of them without any issues. Just need to have complete documents and ride safely.
Did you mean that we can cross Karnataka state borders without being harassed if we dont register our bike in KA?

jra

Did you mean that we can cross Karnataka state borders without being harassed if we dont register our bike in KA?
We need to pay road tax in Bangalore to drive any vehicle which is not registered to Karnataka.
There are very less chances that you will be harassed for crossing Karnataka borders .
What I have seen in Bangalore , police specifically stops TN numbers vehicle.
Rather than paying more than 50K for cars registration (road tax) , its better to pay 1k to cop ( i know it's wrong still work n worth )..
Though getting caught and ask for Road tax i minimal , i have around 5 6 friends and their vehicle are not registered to KA or they have not paid Road Tax (as per rules) , they have never been caught ( 5 6 years of tenure).

Transport Department

How much should I pay as a Road Tax in Bglr for my i20 CRDI - Page 2 - Team-BHP