Procedure to shift bike from one state to another

Bulleter

Hi Fellas,

I have Royal Enfield Electra 5s and i am relocating to Bangalore for next 2 years. I am carrying the bike along with me in Karnataka Express on August 28, 2010. I have few queries regarding the bike transfer from Delhi to Bangalore. The Bike is in my name and i have all the documents with me.

1. Do i have to visit the Bangalore RTO Office for some formalities ?

Please suggest if there are some other todo's involved in the process.

thanks & regards
realnapster

hi

i have to transfer my bullet 350CC from my home town Himachal currently i am in Bangalore. i have already got the NOC from Himachal RTO.
please let me know the process to register my bullet here in Bangalore, what all things need to be done once i get my bike in Bangalore(road tax, registration etc ). and is it necessary to get Karnataka’s number because i will be here in Bangalore for few years only. currently my bullet in on the name of my brother. do i need to change ownership also before transfer .

replies highly awaited.

regards,
bulleter.

Asif Iqbal

Please help me..
-Two year ago I brought my splender bike to mumbai by train ( octroi clear)
-Did not go to RTO for number change because of minimum use of bike.
-I have to return home now.
-My number starting with jh for jharkhand.
-What are the problems would I face.
-Procedure
-Please help

Uday the rising

Dear All,
I have shifted my Bike from mumbai to Jamshedpur ( Jahrkhand in 2011) by taking NOC from mumbai. Since for last 4 years i am using bike in Jamshedpur. I have a two queries regarding the bike , So any onw suggest/Help.
1) Want to register my bike in Jamshedpur, So is it possible to register after many years of gap.
2)If i shift the bike to Mumbai ,then any clearance required from Jhakhand RTO , Since it has not registered in Jamshedpur.(all origional documents are with me)

Goto local RTO.
Ask any Agent about the cost and what can be done.

You can ask this for free. No charges involved in this.

If you feel one agent is charging more then you can always goto another one.

You can check RTO website of Jharkhand also.

Dear sir I'm Kunal PRAJAPATI from kurnool city I have PULSAR AS150 Iwant to drive long from KURNOOL to sirohi (Raj) fir just 30 days soo any need permission for 1 month is there any problem

Dear sir I'm Kunal PRAJAPATI from kurnool city I have PULSAR AS150 Iwant to drive long from KURNOOL to sirohi (Raj) fir just 30 days soo any need permission for 1 month is there any problem
No problem if you are out of your state for 3-6 Months.
Just move on with complete papers.
PUC, RC, DL etc should be complete with other formalities.
Local State Police try to churn out money on roads of other state numbers.
Just keep your bike behind a big non commercial vehicle to avoid such incidents.

Those moving for more than 6 months in a single state needs to change the number.
Otherwise you can keep it to your same state number.

It's mostly 1500 km long journey it will any problem in Rajasthan
No.
Not at all.
Just move with complete papers.

ankitsr

No problem if you are out of your state for 3-6 Months.

Those moving for more than 6 months in a single state needs to change the number.
Otherwise you can keep it to your same state number.
I think it 1 year. Read somewhere that S. 47 r/w S. 177 of The Motor Vehicles Act,1988 states that - Plying a vehicle with registration mark of other State for more than 12 months
S. 47 r/w S. 177 of MV Act- Rs. 100 for first offence
- Rs. 300 for second or subsequent

Though cops in MH haven't questioned me on this one. Some still insist that you need NOC from the home state even if your stay in other state in <1year, which I seriously doubt.
Would appreciate if someone could point me to the relevant rule/info.

I think it 1 year. Read somewhere that S. 47 r/w S. 177 of The Motor Vehicles Act,1988 states that - Plying a vehicle with registration mark of other State for more than 12 months
S. 47 r/w S. 177 of MV Act- Rs. 100 for first offence
- Rs. 300 for second or subsequent

Though cops in MH haven't questioned me on this one. Some still insist that you need NOC from the home state even if your stay in other state in <1year, which I seriously doubt.
Would appreciate if someone could point me to the relevant rule/info.
Better ask on state traffic police commissioner page of FB / Twitter.
Statewise it may be different.