Process to scrap a vehicle ?

MonkeyBoy4u

Don't know the name of the shop, but there is a mosque in Sunder Nagri, near Nand Nagri near Dilshad Garden, around that mosque there are 20-30 shops that deal in this only.

Drive you car there, finalise the deal and see your car dismantled in front of you.

Make sure that you take the pieces where chasis number is written.
Thanks so much, this information will be good for us :grin:

Just out of curiosity, what happens to the engine block ?

Gary

Quite interesting to read this post
In the UK we have to either deliver the car to a scrap yard with the registration document, they will give a document to confirm they are licenced by the government to break the car (the licence confirms they will remove all fuel and oil and seperate the metal,plastics, foam etc) You can also send the REG document back to veichle licensing office and break the car for spares to sell yourself. Insurance is not an issue as this is renewed on a yearly basis

Yes, very much. It's was well maintained, just that it's floor was dying and maintenance cost was quite high.

To sell it to someone, we had to get it re-registered, which was cumbersome and expensive, thus the scrapping!

MonkeyBoy4u

Just to let everyone know, I am about to head out there in another 10-15 minutes.

When I am back I will update this thread with information of the scrap dealers.

ScubaDoc

Just to let everyone know, I am about to head out there in another 10-15 minutes.

When I am back I will update this thread with information of the scrap dealers.
MB4U - Did you find the place? I'm staying in Mayur Vihar and waiting to get some gyan on where to find a scrap guy close by to dispose off my M800.

Partha