pulsar 180 engine noise problem

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by shejowins, Feb 13, 2017.

1. shejowins

shejowins New Member

Actually my bike engine noise is heavy. left side of my engine sound hears like . if you are changing the gear at that did you hear one sound like(dak,,,dak...dak...) at that sound. when iam starting and running the bike the sound is hearing very high one day i give it to the mechanic to clear the problem. he opened the engine and he says the bell sound is that sound and he tight the bell and he clear some dust metal pieces also and again the sound is coming very high the mechanic said they don't know about that so i check with another mechanic he
    said time machine problem and another mechanic is saying carburetor is problem and now two more day engine oil is also leaking. please suggest me what should i do. now my bike condition is poor.

2. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

You need to get the tappets adjusted in all likelihood. Take the motorcycle to service center and they will do it. Alternatively take the bike to a competent motorcycle mechanic and don't let bad mechanics ruin your motorcycle this way.

IJS likes this.
  3. IJS

IJS The Ghost Who Walks

Take it to a proper bajaj service center so that u get genuine spares. The dak dak can also be from a very lose chain, and also in pulsar the first gear sound is normal. Do get the tappets checked as told by yogesh sir.

@Yogesh Sarkar sir off topic but post server update of bcmt i am not getting any email alerts.

4. Yogesh Sarkar

It was an issue on the first couple of days, however, after that it was rectified. Can you please check your spam folder to see if the emails are somehow landing up there?

5. IJS

IJS The Ghost Who Walks

Yes sir they were in spam folder i just moved the mails to primary inbox lets see now.

adsatinder likes this.
  6. Yogesh Sarkar

Good. It must have been due to earlier error. Hopefully you won't face this problem again.

IJS likes this.
  7. Karpagavinayagam R

Karpagavinayagam R New Member

Sir i am karpagavinayagam from chennai tamilnadu i have new 5 months old pulsar 180 bike in my bike while riding with load i hear a tak tak sound but in idling time no sound i hav asked in bajaaj showroom they said its an usual sound but no other bikes sounds like that while asking local mechnic one person says scissor gear problem another one says rocker arm bearing problem and also i hav fourth gear slip issue what can i do please help me please

8. IJS

IJS The Ghost Who Walks

First make sure if the sound is coming from engine or somewhere else, like suspension or swingarm or the chain.
    If the sound is from the engine than do write a complaint e mail to bajaj amd also register complaint on the toll free number and whenever u go to service center for this make sure to open a job card and keep the pic of that job card as a proof.

Now if it is not from the engine , then check if the chain slack is good and it is jot very lose or tight, also check if the chain cover is not very close to the chain as if thay is the case it would touch the chain and make noise.
    If not the chain then check the suspense by pushing it with hand while putting load on it.
    If not the suspension than check the swing arm bearing and the rear wheel bearing.
    If the noise is from the front than it could be the coneset bearing.

If its from the engine than it could bw the scissor gear or the timing gear.
    Get all this under warranty do not get it done outside as the bike is new and is under warranty.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

adsatinder likes this.