Pulsar 200NS across Sikkim | Gurudongmar Lake | Old Silk Route

girijams

How to get the permission for Nathula and Old Silk Route before going to Gangtok? If I am doing Bhutan first and then directly going to Old Silk Route before Gangtok, where to get the permission?

Chandrajit Rudra

Tech Enthusiast and Blogger
How to get the permission for Nathula and Old Silk Route before going to Gangtok? If I am doing Bhutan first and then directly going to Old Silk Route before Gangtok, where to get the permission?
You can check this one out...

Have included all info available for a Sikkim / Gurudongmar /Old Silk Route trip...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bondhutto

Travel Dreamer
As much as I know, there are only three entry-exit points for Bhutan. One is from West Bengal (Jaigaon/Phuentsholing), another from Assam side, and te third one is from China. So from Bhutan, you would have to come down to Jalpaiguri, Siliguri, Gangtok and then you can reach Nathula. You cannot avoid Gangtok.

girijams

As much as I know, there are only three entry-exit points for Bhutan. One is from West Bengal (Jaigaon/Phuentsholing), another from Assam side, and te third one is from China. So from Bhutan, you would have to come down to Jalpaiguri, Siliguri, Gangtok and then you can reach Nathula. You cannot avoid Gangtok.
Thanks @bondhutto for the response. But while coming from Phuentsholing, at Mal Bazar there is a diversion which directly goes to Zuluk - Nathula.

smoothwanderer

dear chandrajit saw your video planning of sikkim trip. you have allotted 5 days for east sikkim,can that be shortened and time added to the rest of sikkim ?

Chandrajit Rudra

Tech Enthusiast and Blogger
dear chandrajit saw your video planning of sikkim trip. you have allotted 5 days for east sikkim,can that be shortened and time added to the rest of sikkim ?
Yes, if you want to skip a few places... go ahead and spend more time at north sikkim and old silk route... Those are the best wonders of sikkim...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

smoothwanderer

dear chnadirajit, do you have any contacts who would get me a inner line permit for a 4wheeler. the guy you had mentioned john sankar has said that i wouldn't get a permit for north sikkim and the silk route and would need to hire a taxi to visit these places. i feel he is bluffing.