Pune Amravati

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by sachinda, May 21, 2014.

1. Roadhunk

Roadhunk MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI

Bro, Considering your present location I would advice you to please consider traveling by national highway 6. Kalyan-(ah 47)-Nashik-malegaon-Dhule-Jalgaon-Bhusawal-chikhli-khamgaon-balapur-akola bypass-murtizapur-yawatmal-hinghanghat-jamb-yensa-Tadoba. The route would take 15 hours to complete at a stretch. The road uptil bhusawal is nice, there is a rough patch between chikhli-khamgaon. Balapur to akola is a good roadagain some patch work is going on between akola and murtizapur, from murtizapur to hinghanghat is a nice road. There is some road construction work going on between hinghanghat and jamb, from jamb to yensa is a nice well laid tar road, though the road do have some heavy traffic. From yensa to tadoba is a single lane road.

you can take halt at Akola it would take near about 9 hours for you to reach there. It does have some good quality of hotels to stay. From Akola to Tadoba it is a 6-7 hours ride. I hope this information would help you.

2. Traveller55

Traveller55 Active Member

This is great. But my mother lives in Pune and I'll spend the night there before heading out. But still this is great in case Pune needs to be obviated. Thank you so much

3. Roadhunk

Well if you want to start your journey from Pune in the morning then by taking Nagar road you can reach Aurangabad. From their to Jalna, then to Mehkar-karanja-mutizapur-yawatmal--hinghanghat-jamb-yensa-Tadoba. Though there are many other routes but this road well laid and have pretty decent traffic. For lunch you can stop at jalna aur mehkar. If you are starting late from Pune you have lots of choices to take lunch anywhere between Nagar to Aurangabad. Thanks for your prompt reply.

4. Traveller55

Thanks a lot. That's a great help. I usually start around 0830, cause I'm scared of incomplete sleep leading to the "noddies". I've over the years had 3 instances and have been lucky each time. I now never attempt an early start. It's scary. My wife is like a hawk by my side continuously chatting and watching over me. Without her I'd never attempt these drives. Not even the Mumbai Pune one. The expressway is like a sleeping pill. Straight featureless and no traffic to help you keep alert.

5. Traveller55

In any case would a straight drive to Tadoba be feasible or is an overnight rest advisable. And where should I plan for that

6. Roadhunk

Well. as u said u r going to take a halt at pune it is fine. But from pune you are able to do a canon ball run to tadoba. After reaching Tadoba u can crash land on a nice clean resort bed.

7. Traveller55

Do you have any idea on how Nagzira scores compared to Tadoba. I've been to Tadoba twice and the second time saw a ghost of the tiger in the distance in fading dusk light. But I find the MTDC resort location awesome, it just draws me back. It has a quiet menace that makes your visit worthwhile. The first time we went there there was this sloth bear rummaging just outside the porch. Due to the rain and the darkness we never knew it was there. But next morning it's droppings were all over the place just like 10 FT from where we were sitting having a pre dinner drink

8. Traveller55

Ohh that's great news. Thanks

9. Roadhunk

Bro, We frequently visit Nagzira, well to be honest I have seen tiger there only once. It is well connected by roads. It is only 120 km from Nagpur. I think there would not be a single student in Nagpur who has never visited Nagzira in his school life. Another attraction of Nagzira is dat it is very reach in Flora and Fauna. It is a treat for bird watchers. Many couples visit here on the weekends to find solace. i hope this information would help you.

10. Traveller55

That's helpful. My wife is resisting returning to Tadoba and keeps talking of going to Nagzira. I love Tadoba but haven't been to Nagzira. Maybe we will drive to Nagzira instead. Do you know any decent place to live in. Clean sheets, toilets etc. how are those places inside the core area