Pune - Jaisalmer post diwali

amolpg

Hi,

I plan to drive Pune-Jaisalmer-Kutch-Pune post diwali. I am working on my route and itinerary. I would have 5-6 days in hand. Any ideas for route? I am open to go Kutch before Jaisalmer if that makes more sense

Thanks in advance,
Amol

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Biggest attraction of Bhuj, the white rann, will not be in full bloom before December end and hence either postpone or limit yourself to Jaisalmer. If you go to jaisalmer you can cover a few places enroute if you don't want to spend more days there.

amolpg

Biggest attraction of Bhuj, the white rann, will not be in full bloom before December end and hence either postpone or limit yourself to Jaisalmer. If you go to jaisalmer you can cover a few places enroute if you don't want to spend more days there.
Thanks Prasham. I was planning to spend 2-3 nights at Jaisalmer. Is that enough?
What other places I can cover en-route? I have been Jodhpur and Udaipur 2 years ago.

Thanks,
Amol

Prasham

Thanks Prasham. I was planning to spend 2-3 nights at Jaisalmer. Is that enough?
What other places I can cover en-route? I have been Jodhpur and Udaipur 2 years ago.

Thanks,
Amol
Checkout Kumbhalgarh / Mt. Abu / Ranakpur / Chittorgarh enroute.

amolpg

Checkout Kumbhalgarh / Mt. Abu / Ranakpur / Chittorgarh enroute.
Thanks, been to Ranakpur and Chittorgarh last time. I can plan for Mt Abu/Kumbhalgarh. I stay in Pune and go to M'shwar frequently, does Mt Abu offer anything different than typical hill stations?

-Amol

Prasham

Thanks, been to Ranakpur and Chittorgarh last time. I can plan for Mt Abu/Kumbhalgarh. I stay in Pune and go to M'shwar frequently, does Mt Abu offer anything different than typical hill stations?

-Amol
If that's so stay a day or two at Kumbhalgarh. There are few good resorts that will keep you occupied. Also the drive from Gogunda to Kumbhalgarh is exciting. I would visit it again and again just for those 55kms.

Rishi Sinha

YatriOnWheels
I was planning to spend 2-3 nights at Jaisalmer. Is that enough?

Thanks,
Amol
More than enough. Do stay near the dunes. Longewala and Tanot is a must visit, both places can be covered in a day. Attaching a picture from the trip to Jaisalmer that I did in Nov'16. Somewhere between Longewala and Tanot.
IMG_4539.JPG