Pune -Lonawala-Alibaug-Mumbai

Parveen_Choudhary

Please suggest an itinerary for a family trip to Pune -Lonawala-Alibaug-Mumbai .Travelling from 24 th March to 30 th March.Pune has choosen only because I getting cheap tickets. Please also suggest a agency for Mumbai Local tour including Film city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uturn

Super User
Please suggest an itinerary for a family trip to Pune -Lonawala-Alibaug-Mumbai .Travelling from 24 th March to 30 th March.Pune has choosen only because I getting cheap tickets. Please also suggest a agency for Mumbai Local tour including Film city.

Pune-Lonavala(stay)-visit all local places which are near by.
Lonavala-Imagica full day program
Imagica-Alibaug(stay)
Even you can start after finishing Imagica will reach within 2/3 hours roads are bad due to road widening but safe 24/7.
Alibaug local beaches & market if time permits you can visit murud /Janjira fort towards south.
Alibaug-Mumbai you can take new launch of ferry to Mumbai (don’t know inaugural date).
Else Mumbai-pen-Panvel by road is a complete mess due to Road widening & full of traffic.
Mumbai (Stay)
City of commercial business beaches/shopping/Marine drive/Taj /Pedder Road/Juhu etc.
Lively even after late night so you can enjoy you stay with bars & restaurants.
Film city is again a myth & nothing to see from outside if you have proper permission then you can visit some sets.
(Instead you can visit Nitin Desai’s studio near Lonavala (Khopoli) but again with prior appointments)
Some pictures of ferry service
IMG_9522.jpg
IMG_9524.jpg
IMG_9525.jpg

Parveen_Choudhary

Pune-Lonavala(stay)-visit all local places which are near by.
Lonavala-Imagica full day program
Imagica-Alibaug(stay)
Even you can start after finishing Imagica will reach within 2/3 hours roads are bad due to road widening but safe 24/7.
Alibaug local beaches & market if time permits you can visit murud /Janjira fort towards south.
Alibaug-Mumbai you can take new launch of ferry to Mumbai (don’t know inaugural date).
Else Mumbai-pen-Panvel by road is a complete mess due to Road widening & full of traffic.
Mumbai (Stay)
City of commercial business beaches/shopping/Marine drive/Taj /Pedder Road/Juhu etc.
Lively even after late night so you can enjoy you stay with bars & restaurants.
Film city is again a myth & nothing to see from outside if you have proper permission then you can visit some sets.
(Instead you can visit Nitin Desai’s studio near Lonavala (Khopoli) but again with prior appointments)
Some pictures of ferry service View attachment 781459View attachment 781458View attachment 781457

Thanks,Can you suggest how many days should we spend on each station?We will reaching Pune by 12 noon and planning to return from Mumbai.(24th March Pune arrival and departure from Mumbai on 30th.

uturn

Super User
Thanks,Can you suggest how many days should we spend on each station?We will reaching Pune by 12 noon and planning to return from Mumbai.(24th March Pune arrival and departure from Mumbai on 30th.

How you are planning to travel once you reach Pune?

Pune Lonavala highly connected by Road /Local trains/Taxi services as it’s on Mumbai route.

By 4/5 evening you will reach Lonavala.
Stay night in Lonavala next day cover near by Lonavala.
If you are adding Imagica then you need to extend further night to Lonavala else you can stay at Imagica
Morning to eve Imagica then by evening/night Alibug.
Alibug local beaches etc in day time another night in Alibug
Alibug-Mumbai (Ferry starts from early morning) or else by road.
Cover Mumbai Alibug by ferry it’s time saving & joyride which can land you at Gate way so you can enjoy nearby Marine Lines etc.

24th Night (Lonavala)
25th Night (Lonavala or Imagica)
26th/27th Night (Alibug)
28th/29th Night (Mumbai)

Parveen_Choudhary

Thanks a lot,It seems I have one extra day in hand.Where can I book ferry ?For commute I will be using Uber out station.

uturn

Super User
Thanks a lot,It seems I have one extra day in hand.Where can I book ferry ?For commute I will be using Uber out station.

You can book ferry service from Alibaug.
Alibaug to Mandwa jetty bus (Fare included in Jetty charges so not needed to pay for bus)
Alibaug-Gateway ferry