Pune to Dapoli - Route Options and Road Condition

arvind2267

Hello,

I am planning to drive down to Dapoli from Pune around the Christmas weekend. Need inputs on the road condition for the various route options.

1. via Tamhini Ghat
2. via Bhor Ghat
3. via Mahabaleshwar

Inputs from folks who might have used these routes recently would be useful!

Thanks!
Arvind

vankito

Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
Hello,

I am planning to drive down to Dapoli from Pune around the Christmas weekend. Need inputs on the road condition for the various route options.

1. via Tamhini Ghat
2. via Bhor Ghat
3. via Mahabaleshwar

Inputs from folks who might have used these routes recently would be useful!

Thanks!
Arvind
Arvind I've done via tamhini ghat and it's been a pleasant drive . Once you hit goa highway it's slightly crowded especially till you the cross the junction which goes off to divegar. Otherwise peaceful route - do not take the short route to Dapoli a go straight and then come back . The road is much better

arvind2267

Vankito, thanks for the perspective. By "do not take the short route", do you mean the one through Goregaon - Mandangad? And by "go straight", do you mean Mahad - Khed - Dapoli?

Thanks!
Arvind

Arvind I've done via tamhini ghat and it's been a pleasant drive . Once you hit goa highway it's slightly crowded especially till you the cross the junction which goes off to divegar. Otherwise peaceful route - do not take the short route to Dapoli a go straight and then come back . The road is much better