PUNE to Delhi [ Family Trip]

Hello All,

I thought of sharing of my latest experience, my drive to Delhi from Pune.

I did this journey on my Ford Figo Car Nov 2012 model. Though i was bit skeptical to ride on it, as i haven’t drive any trips for such long journey but seeing the performance till now from ford figo diesel , i just gave it a chance.

Travelers Details:

My self , My Wife & My 5.5 yrs Kiddo . Just we three :)

We were two drivers (Me n My wife )to take this journey ahead. We did not want to take a halt for a stay in b/w apart from refreshments breaks .

Basic Car Check Up:

Before starting my trip, i made sure, that the oil levels (engine , Break fluid ) are all upto the mark. I did top up the coolent of my car & checked tires thoroughly .
Also made sure we have subscribed road assistance facility by Ford

Basic Re-search

I did some research of the routes and road conditions on various forums. As most of the drive going to be on highway , I was sure that there will be many service stations and petrol pumps available . NH48 was the route which we have to stick on .

Though there was one more route which was shown on google maps which was from PUNE- Chakan-Dhule-Indore By pass- Kota- Jaipur – Delhi

But we have chosen the below route instead.

Starting Point
My starting point from Pune was WAKAD , Starting time was mid-night 11:55 PM.

We crossed :
Pune Mumbai Highway – Thane – Vapi NH 48 – Surat bypass NH 48 – Vadodra NH 48- Halol – Godhra By Pass - Modasa – UDAIPUR NH 58 – Nathdwara - Beawar NH 58 - Ajmer By Pass - KishanGarh NH 48- Jaipur By Pass – Gurugram- Delhi .

The earlier plan was to go via Ahemdabad By pass via Himmatnagar but by seeing the new route and better road conditions suggested by google maps we took this route and it was more than good as per our expectations.

We covered total 1566 KM from Pune to Delhi Patparganj

& it took us 27 Hrs ( inclusive of refreshments halts) , We reached Delhi by 3:00 AM Morning.

Total Tolls:
We have paid total toll of around Rs 1565 & surprisingly my car gave a mileage of 24 Km/ Per ltr :)

My little daughter too enjoyed this trip . After a day halt in delhi , they we moved on to Haridwar and other places to get some cool breeze, which can take us away from scorching heat of delhi.

Now waiting for one more trip and will share my experience like this.

Hope the above post helps those who are planning to go for Pune - Delhi Trip by car

Br,
Bhawesh Aggarwal

Attachments

RajeevSharma

You have shared a nice experience. It would have been better to share your journey in more details. Thanks for sharing though.