Pune to Ganpati Pule

Tushar Mishra

Hi,

We are planning to travel from Pune to Ganpati Pule. It's around 300 KM of Journey by bike.
I want to know the current road conditions & the best route for destination.
As per previous travelogues I found these routes:

1. Distance wise Bhor - Mahad - Ganapatipule is shortest and the most scenic.
2. Time wise Umbraj - Koyna - Helwak - Chiplun is better...
2. Road condition wise Karad - Malkapur - Amba ghat route is better.
Please suggest the best one.

If any one from Pune and wants to join us in this ride are welcome. Planned date and time : 29th Mar 2 AM.

Justtraveller

Hi,

We are planning to travel from Pune to Ganpati Pule. It's around 300 KM of Journey by bike.
I want to know the current road conditions & the best route for destination.
As per previous travelogues I found these routes:

1. Distance wise Bhor - Mahad - Ganapatipule is shortest and the most scenic.
2. Time wise Umbraj - Koyna - Helwak - Chiplun is better...
2. Road condition wise Karad - Malkapur - Amba ghat route is better.
Please suggest the best one.

If any one from Pune and wants to join us in this ride are welcome. Planned date and time : 29th Mar 2 AM.
Hi
1. Via Bhor-Varandha Ghat it is shortest and scenic,but check the road conditions of Varandh Ghat. This option also leads you to travel more on Mumbai Goa Highway which is single lane.

2. Via Koyna is also good option, easy ghat section and normal traffic. You can also visit Koyana Dam and garden.

3. Third option would be my pick because of good road conditions as you mentioned.Good eating options all along the way. I have travelled the same route from Ganpatipule to Pune in May 2017.Roads was excellent and Amba Ghat was green at such peak summer.

If you are interested in more adventures then please explore Poladpur Ghat option. Via Mahabaleshwar connect to Mumbai Goa Highway.

Regards

Last edited:

vigneshnm

Hi,

I'm planning a bike ride in September from Mumbai to Ganapatipule. Since NH-17 is probably going to be in bad shape, I was considering Mumbai-Pune-Karad-Malkapur-Amba Ghat-Ganapatipule route.

Any idea on how the route is currently esp the Amba Ghat stretch and how it usually is in September?

Thanks!

uturn

Super User
Hi,

I'm planning a bike ride in September from Mumbai to Ganapatipule. Since NH-17 is probably going to be in bad shape, I was considering Mumbai-Pune-Karad-Malkapur-Amba Ghat-Ganapatipule route.

Any idea on how the route is currently esp the Amba Ghat stretch and how it usually is in September?

Thanks!
Try karad -kumbharli-chiplun-sangmeshwar-nivali-g.pule.
Last year it was in good conditions upto nh17.

Or stick to your route as malkapur-Amba was in bad condition but may get relaid by September don’t know recent kale-malkapur road conditions.

If you go via Kolhapur -malkapur good roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vigneshnm

Try karad -kumbharli-chiplun-sangmeshwar-nivali-g.pule.
Last year it was in good conditions upto nh17.

Or stick to your route as malkapur-Amba was in bad condition but may get relaid by September don’t know recent kale-malkapur road conditions.

If you go via Kolhapur -malkapur good roads.

Thanks, that's very useful. You mean the Umbraj-Koyna-Kumbharli-Chiplun road, right? As mentioned post#2, it is supposed to be an easy ghat too and during monsoons, easier the better!

While this doesn't completely solve the NH17 problem, I think I could take the Chiplun-Guhagar-Jaigad-ferry-Ganapatipule route too. I've been on this route earlier and it was a lot of fun, riding by the coast. Although it means going through state highways which wouldn't be that great, the lack of traffic makes it a better choice than NH17.

Do let me know your thoughts.

I've always wanted to go by Amba ghat so if someone could pitch in about its condition now and during September, it would be most helpful.

Thanks!

uturn

Super User
Thanks, that's very useful. You mean the Umbraj-Koyna-Kumbharli-Chiplun road, right? As mentioned post#2, it is supposed to be an easy ghat too and during monsoons, easier the better!

While this doesn't completely solve the NH17 problem, I think I could take the Chiplun-Guhagar-Jaigad-ferry-Ganapatipule route too. I've been on this route earlier and it was a lot of fun, riding by the coast. Although it means going through state highways which wouldn't be that great, the lack of traffic makes it a better choice than NH17.

Do let me know your thoughts.

I've always wanted to go by Amba ghat so if someone could pitch in about its condition now and during September, it would be most helpful.

Thanks!
If you want to explore via amba no worries go as per your route.
After karad 4/5 kms take a right turn under flyover via kale village -kokrud-malkapur-amba-hathkamba -niwali-g.pule.
Very much scenic.
I traveled a year back it was in good conditions upto malkapur.
Malkapur Amba always bad in rains.