Pune to Goa Road Status .

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by Abhijeet31, May 9, 2016.

1. Abhijeet31

Abhijeet31 New Member

Hi All,

Please update me the Road status from Pune to Goa and which route is good .
    My Destination is Calangute, Goa.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    drvbs likes this.
  2. drvbs

drvbs Vagabonding 24*7

Hi

Which part of Goa you are travelling ?? This is important to know

A. For North Goa

Route 1. First best and THE route from Pune to North Goa i.e Pune-Satara-Kolhapur-Nipani-Tawandi ghat- take exit from NH4 atop this ghat on your right-Ajra-Amboli ghat-Sawantwadi-North Goa

Pune-Satara is under 6 laning with many diversions but road conditions remain good.

Satara to Tawandi ghat is absolute breeze on the superb 4 laner.

Tawandi ghat-Uttur-Ajra-Amboli ghat-Sawantwadi -- Decent 2 lane road with some rough patches but overall road is really good

Sawantwadi-North Goa- superb 2 lane NH 17

Route 2. Next good route is Pune-NH4- Belgaum- Chorla ghat-Sanquelim-Bicholim- Assnora-North Goa. This is 30 kms longer compared to route 1

Pune-Belgaum via Satara-Kolhapur-- road conditions are as mentioned above, its superb

Belgaum-Chorla ghat-Sanquelim-Bicholim-Assnora-North Goa -- Road conditions are supersmooth and fabulous. Just that taking the Chorla ghat means you need to cross the Belgaum city traffic ( 14 kms )

Amboli ghat road is wider compared to Chorla ghat route. I would suggest taking Route 1 if destination is North Goa as you don't have to cross Belgaum traffic and roads are wider compared to Chorla ghat route. The Chorla has bit smoother roads compared to Amboli though

Refer below thread for more details on Chorla ghat route for Belgaum to North Goa/Central old Goa-
    http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/th...est-condition-2013-the-best-one.51313/page-24

I have not created a thread on Amboli ghat route as of yet but I can confirm the road is good.

B. For South Goa

Pune-NH4-Belgaum-then NH4A via Khanapur-Ramnagar-Anmod ghat-Mollem-Ponda bypass-Madgaon-South Goa

This is THE recommended superb route to South Goa when coming from Bombay / Poona. From Belgaum onwards, NH4A is freshly asphalted all the way till Goa.

Refer below thread for more details on NH4A Belgaum to South Goa-
    http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/th...on-as-of-april-2013.52142/page-2#post-1217132

RUFUS, Roadhunk and Abhijeet31 like this.
  3. Abhijeet31

Abhijeet31 New Member

Thanks for details .
    I am also thinking to take Route 1 as my destination is North Goa .

4. Abhijeet31

Abhijeet31 New Member

Hi All ,

Here is update on this Route .

I have taken Pune-Satara-Kolhapur-Nipani -Ajra-Amboli ghat-Sawantwadi-North Goa.

Pune to Satara - Road Condition is good but So many diversion . Even some are in 500m . So take care while driving in night or early morning.

Satara - Kolhapur- Nipani - Nice 6 lane Road . You can easily maintain 80-100 speed .

Ajra-Amboli - Sawantwadi - Nice 2 Lane road .

Sawantwadi -North Goa - Nice 2 Lane Road .

5. Paul

Paul New Member

Hey.... looks like you took the nipani - ajara link road... how is the condition of this road ??
    Planning to go to Goa next week and i intend to take this route, however if the road condition isn't good, maybe i will take the longer sankeshwar - gadinglaj route. Help ??

uturn likes this.
  6. Abhijeet31

Abhijeet31 New Member

Hi Paul ,

Yes i took nipani- ajara link road . Road condition is good . Two Lane Road is nice but not very wide .
    You can maintain 70-80 . But take care on turns as no sign boards are there .

Please see the video that i saw when on amboli ghat .

So Take care, Save Drive and have a nice trip .

RUFUS, Roadhunk, drvbs and 1 other person like this.
  7. Roadhunk

Roadhunk MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI

Guys I am planning to start for Arambol, Goa tomorrow early morning at 4 AM. I have only 1 query is there in any visible marker or road sign or building or hotel, from where we have to take the right and exit NH4. If it is there please let me know!

Eagerly waiting for your reply guys.

8. uturn

uturn Super User

Hotel goa ves /Hotel kaveri once you climb nippani ghat. Screenshot_2017-01-25-20-11-55.png Screenshot_2017-01-25-20-12-13.png

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

9. Dpu

Dpu New Member

Any new update on this ???
    I want to travel south and north goa.

10. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

@drvbs
    any updates which route is best from Pune to Goa ?