Pune to Indore route

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by rohit_kuv100, Jul 24, 2018.

1. rohit_kuv100

rohit_kuv100 New Member

Yea Deepam. Sure.
    So, I will keep going straight skip the left turn which says Ahmednagar bye-pass.
    Once I reach city I shall take right which would say left for Shirdi,Malegaon, etc.

Am I right Deepam?

2. deepam

deepam Super User

++++++++++++++++
    Yes you keep straight, follow road; you get old bus stand on either side continue after Ahmednagar college; road turns left and then continue straight [after signal] road turns right and you hit another signal; turn left cross new bus stand and at Civil hospital signal you take left and cross Savedi to hit MIDC area.

3. rohit_kuv100

rohit_kuv100 New Member

Sure Deepam. After taking left till the place I reach Mumbai-Agra highway, how is the road and time taken.

Must be a single road right, till the Mumbai-Agra highway?

4. mohinderst

mohinderst Active Member

Are you planning to drive through the night to Indore from Pune, then I will suggest leaving Pune at 9 PM, leaving at 7PM you will be just stuck in Pune traffic for atleast an hour or two, unless you lives in Wagholi. If you are planning to stay at Nagar or Shirdi in the night then leaving at 7PM should be fine. Or better leave at 3AM in night after having good sleep of 6-7 hrs, this will save you from all the traffic between Pune and Shirdi.

As said, there is no toll for cars till you reach Malegaon, from Malegaon till Indore the toll amount is approx. 450 or so. There should be approx. 6 toll gates. All tolls are FasTag enabled but sometimes FasTag lanes takes more time than cash lanes, should not be a problem at late in night. The road till Shirdi is 4-lane but may have got rough because of rains and you will need to drive carefully, at two places between Pune and Shirdi the 4 lane road gets converted into 2 lanes suddenly. You will need 3-4 hrs to reach Malegaon from Ahmednagar, depending on traffic and road conditions(after rain).

From Shirdi till kopargaon, though the road is 4 lane but very rough and heavy traffic. After Kopargaon the road is 2 lane but good and wide enough till you reach Malegaon, but at some places overtaking is little risky. Once you reach Malegaon, you can reach Indore in 4.5 to 5 hrs, the road is very good except sudden speed breakers within Maharashtra.

5. rohit_kuv100

rohit_kuv100 New Member

Wow, that was a nice writeup Mohinderst.

Thanks. I live in Viman Nagar, so will be coming out on Nagar road and then start my drive. I will leave by 6-7 pm so I get to stop at Hotel Smilestone towards Nagar for dinner.

Then from there I will drive non-stop till I reach Malegaon, then maybe a tea break and again till Indore.

Good you mentioned FastTag is there as my car has FastTag, I need to recharge though...

At this time lot of buses ply between Pune and Indore, so I have to expect bus crowd as well....

6. deepam

deepam Super User

+++++++++++
    Rohit,
    Also mind, you are starting during Ganapati Holidays.
    I also echo what @mohinderst is saying, to start at 2:30 AM. For sure the road will be clear and you can maintain good average speed.
    Thanks for Ranjagaon Industrial Area, I am sure you will have lot of vehicles.
    My friend does regular Bangalore-Mangalore. He comes home, early dinner - 8PM - 1 AM sleep. 2 AM starts from Whitefield; 8 AM reaches Mangalore!
    So same analogy could be for your Pune - Indore.
    If you start at 3 AM by 6:30 AM, you will cross Shirdi and by 8:30 AM you cross Malegaon and by noon you will reach Indore. I see a saving of 2 hours driving time.

7. rohit_kuv100

rohit_kuv100 New Member

Sure Deepam,

will think over.

deepam likes this.
  8. deepam

deepam Super User

Rohit,
    If you are driving from Bangalore - Pune - Indore. Is there any specific reason of going to Pune?
    You can bypass Pune and if required take rest in Ahmednagar or Shirdi.
    Here is the route to bypass Pune, taking deviation from Satara towards Shirur: Google Maps

9. rohit_kuv100

rohit_kuv100 New Member

Hello Deepam,

Well yes there is a reason to have a stay in Pune. The reason is "ROADS". Till Pune the roads will be 4 lane road and that too with divider all the way from Bangalore except the stretch in-between Hubli-Dharwad which is a single road.

So, we will be staying at Viman Nagar outskirts of Pune and then leave for Indore.

Regards,
    Rohit Joshi

10. uturn

uturn Super User

Don’t take satara -shirur road its single bumpy consumes more time instead go via Pune city if you drive after 8pm onwards wl face less traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk