Pune to Kanyakumari by road : My South India Tour: 30th October - 13th November 2010

vinathorat

PUNE Kanyakumari PUNE ===>15 Days ===> Total 4135 Kms.

Members :
===> Two

Vehicle :
===> ALTO

States covered : Karnataka, TamilNadu and Kerala

Petrol Consumed : ===> Total 225.53 Liters.

Average:
===> 18.33 Kmpl.

After driving a car to possible Northernmost points of Nubra Valley of Leh Ladakh India, Southern tip of India, Kanyakumari was in my mind.
After frequent visits to Kas Plateau and enjoying the flora and fauna in that sector of Maharashtra, rest of the western ghat was also on my radar.

Deepti was having diwali vacations from 1st to 21st November 2010. To achieve my dream of driving a car from Kashmir to Kanyakumari now my plan was to reach Kanyakumari.

Monsoon was just over and Winter was about to start, what a great green nature will be there to enjoy!
Covering western ghat sectors of Karnataka, TamilNadu and Kerala to the maximum possible extent I planned to reach Kanyakumari.

November was an ideal season to visit South India.

I started gathering information for South India tour, and it revealed that there are so many places to visit in western ghat alone. It was really the difficult task to finalize the itinerary. After getting valuable information from BCMTouring, Team BHP and ********* members ,I decided to visit part of Bandipur, Mudumalai, Annamalai, Silent Valley area.

I targetted Upper Bhavaani, Topslip, Vaalpaarai, Moonnar, Tekady and then to have Backwater experience before proceeding to Kanyakumari.

After accomplishing the dream of driving a car from Kashmir to Kanyakumari ,here I am & in trance!

Completion of the South India trip is a wonderful experience.The snaps clicked are more than 2235.
Selection of the snap became a tough job, as each frame demands justice.

I am totally confused !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From where should I start posting the Travelogue?

The words have limitations but a picture can describe thousand words.................
I think, the picture log would be ideal.

To start with, here are the evening rays captured on our way back on the last date of our journey : 13th November 2010.

Kerala 1769.jpg

Kerala 1772.jpg

Kerala 1776.jpg

Kerala 1783.jpg

Kerala 1792.jpg

Kerala 1798.jpg

Kerala 1800.jpg

Kerala 1802.jpg

Kerala 1804.jpg

Last edited:

vinathorat

Re: Pune to Kanyakumari by road : My South India Tour: 30th October - 13th November 2

Day 1 :

30th October 2010 ===> Pune to Sankeshwar ===> 287 kms.===> Night Halt @ Sankeshwar
Time : 4.15 Hrs.

Actually Mysore site seeing was not on our agenda while planning the trip.

Taking advantage of half day school,being Saturday , we decided to start on Saturday itself after lunch and utilize
the time in Mysore for site seeing.

We started at 14.55 hrs.from Pune and after enjoying the drive reached Sankeshwar at 19.50 hrs.

Flag Off .
South 003.jpg

Once again, we are on the wheels : My South India Outing : 30th October - 13th November 2010:
South 004.jpg

Day 2 :

31st October 2010 ===> Sankeshwar to Mysore ===> 662 kms. ===> Night Halt @ Mysore
Time : 11 . 25 Hrs.

Got up early in the morning and left Sankeshwar at about 4.15 Hrs,so as to reach Mysore as early as possible.

Munching while driving ,a full TP.
Kerala 013.jpg

Good Morning South India.
South 006.jpg

This is my India I Love my India.
South 009.jpg

Smooth Rolling on NH 4
Copy of South 016.jpg

As Krishnasamaga,Mohan and hvk suggested ( Entering Bangalore would take very good amount of time as all major

roads are busy with getting Metro pillars...) we got into Nelamangala and after about 10 Kms,near Jindal
taking NICE road (Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises ) proceeded to Mysore.

NICE is really nice!

On the way to Heritage City Mysore
South 058.jpg

In front of Mysore Palace
Kerala 017.jpg

Mysore Palace
Kerala 020.jpg

Race course near Mysore Palace and City,as seen from Chamunda Hills.
Kerala 025.jpg

Mysore Palace on the right hand side and Mysore City, from Chamunda Hills.
Kerala 026.jpg

No Need to explain, isn't it!
Kerala 029.jpg

View of the Guest House run by Devasthanm.Govt Rest house of the Chamunda hills was very nice. ( Just Rs.300/-)
Clean, spacious room with hot and cold water, good location,excellent view, with plenty of space for car parking.

Kerala 038.jpg

Mahishasuramardini (Chamundi) Temple
Kerala 051.jpg

Chariot at Chamundi Hills
Kerala 054.jpg

A statue of Mahishasura in Chamundi Hills, Mysore.
South 064.jpg

Nandi at Chamundi Hills
South 066.jpg

Last edited:

classicrajat

The Legend
Re: Pune to Kanyakumari by road : My South India Tour: 30th October - 13th November 2

Sir, just few words from my side..
The start is awesome,pics are great,narration is cool and foremost the Spirit is Mindblowing..

Viny

Other than excellent pics, i liked two more things
Moustache and Hat :)

Look forward to updates

crazy4

What a start!!This is going to be very interesting log.I am glued to it.

vinathorat

Sir, just few words from my side..
The start is awesome,pics are great,narration is cool and foremost the Spirit is Mindblowing..
Hi classicrajat,

These just few words from you guys inspirits me and keeps me young.:partyman:

Thanks\\:D/

vinathorat

Other than excellent pics, i liked two more things
Moustache and Hat :)

Look forward to updates
Good observation Viny,:supz:

I am bit slow on keyboard. Will try to post updates ASAP.:)

Thanks for the encouragement.

vinathorat

Day 3:

1st November 2010 ===> Mysore to Ooty ===> 197 kms. ===>Bandipur, Mudumalai- Gadlur - Paycara, Ooty.===>
Night Halt @ Ooty

Time : 10 . 35 Hrs.

We left Chamundi Hill Guest House at 05.06hrs.Since fuel gauge was not functioning properly my first job was to look

for the petrol pump. It was so early that we could not get petrol as all the pumps were closed till 6 00 a.m.
We
proceeded on Mysore- Ooty road towards Bandipur. On the way before Nanjangud luckily my Alto got it's tummy full.Road condition from Mysore to Sujatpur (about 30kms.) was in very bad shape. After covering 116 kms.via Gundelpet we reached Bandipur.

South 068.jpg

South 081.jpg

South 082.jpg

South 084.jpg

Booked for 7.30 am Jungle Safari and we entered in Bandipr National Park.
( Entry fee Rs.40/- per head+ camera fee
Rs.15/- )We could locate as usual, deers, monkeys, peacocks, and spotted few parrots, kingfishers,wild hens/cocks during this Jungle Safari.

South 070.jpg

South 075.jpg

South 077.jpg

Last edited:

crazy4

Nice narration!!But I am not able to see your photos of the 3rd day's post :(.Please check it.