PWD guest house in Barot

Robin Hood

T
I would recommend Sachin Homestay for clean room with 3 beds and great view. I stayed there 13-16 April and loved it. 800 per day. Alternative is hotel Taj river view. They have a website and u can Google it. 1500 per day

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I am in word with Taj River View for the booking.

Also, what would be the best way to reach Barot from Solan ?
I can see the following three routes >

Solan > Kandaghat > Shoghi > Jutogh > Bhutwa > Darlaghat > Barmana > Sundernagar > Mandi > Barot
(245kms / 7.5 hours )

OR
Solan > Subathu > Kunihar > Barmana > Sundernagar > Mandi > Barot
(227kms / 7.2 hours )

OR

Come down from Solan > Parwanoo > Pinjore > Nalagarh > Panjehra > Swargha > Bilaspur > Sundernagar > Mandi > Barot
(284kms / 8.3 hours )

I dont mind travelling a few kms extra , though would prefer less of hill driving - it eats a lot of time. Please let me know the best route possible.

upload_2017-4-24_10-32-53.png

mchadha

I went from Delhi to Barot so not too sure of the route to take for u but for me till Gatasani the drive was mainly plains and not too bad. Thereon it was ok till Barot which is about 25 km from Gatasani

mchadha

And i did that in my Chevrolet beat in 12hours with three breaks totalling about 80-90 min in all

Robin Hood

And i did that in my Chevrolet beat in 12hours with three breaks totalling about 80-90 min in all

Thanks a lot !
So, if we are coming from Delhi using the normal GT road, Delhi > Ambala > Chandigarh Bypass > Right from Rupnagar > Kiratpur Sahib > Sundernagar > Mandi

Of the above route, when can I expect hills to start ? I am just trying to calculate how many kms it would be on hills :)

mchadha

Hills start only after Gatasani which is 25 km before Barot. Mandi to Gatasani is abt 40 km

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Thanks a lot !
So, if we are coming from Delhi using the normal GT road, Delhi > Ambala > Chandigarh Bypass > Right from Rupnagar > Kiratpur Sahib > Sundernagar > Mandi

Of the above route, when can I expect hills to start ? I am just trying to calculate how many kms it would be on hills :)
Hills begin after Kiratpur Sahib.

citymonk

Super User
If you want to minimize hill driving, then take the Kiratpur route.
Another option is with negligible hill till Ghatsani. While coming back I took Ghatsani, Joginder Nagar, Baijnath, Palampur, UNA, Nangal, Anand Pur Sahib, DELHI.
Although 50 km extra but very smooth drive, no trafffic no hill climbing, all Valley.