Raid de Himalaya .worlds second toughest Motorcycle race journey

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
The issues keep getting more and more interesting....................
Must have been frustrating for you indeed.

flaxman12

around 8 pm i reached leh.road to leh is very good.it is made by BRO. one of the finest road of India. midway i noticed saddlebag was partially burned due to contact of muffler .. traction with Tyre burned many things inside bag .a huge loss indeed ..

IMG_20181007_153903.jpg

flaxman12

on 8th October at hotel great dragon leh there was scrutiny .they would check machine ,safety gears body armors ,boots ,etc , all papers like insurance ,license and many things ,it was a lengthy and tiring process. i had problem in my helmet .it is THH offroad helmet .DOT approved BUT it does not have d link . scrutineer official from FMSCI asked to fix the problem .i did my best to fix but could not get a d link hook. later they allowed me to compete .actually one vendor in jaipur sold me a faulty[without d link] helmet.i did not know much about Motorsport. i clearly asked him that i m going to compete in raid de himalaya. the shopkeeper himself claims to be a motorcycle racer [Karan motor marts-jaipur]but he dont know even basics of Motorsports.[in photo u can see a d link helmet]

IMG_20181008_170804.jpg

flaxman12

there were many motorcyclist from around the world. some came from countries like Australia and Switzerland . India,s top motorcyclist and motorist were there with their highly modified machines ..team of tvs motorcycle was also there .tea,s of indian army and BRO was also there

IMG_20181008_143817.jpg

IMG_20181008_165734.jpg

IMG_20181008_165737.jpg

flaxman12

on 9th we were suddenly told that the rally will begin from kargil and will have to report 5 am in kargil but before that its must to attend the briefing at hotel in Leh around 6 pm . and than we can leave for kargil than is 220 kilometer far from leh. and it will take at least 5 hours to reach kargil from leh .we will be forced to ride in subzero temperature . there were mostly participants who came along their service vehicle .they loaded their vehicle in their trucks and reached kargil safely with ease but at least 10 participants started from leh around 7.30 pm .. i was alone because i did not know any one as well as i ride at relatively fast pace so after a 6 hour ride in subzero temperature i reached kargil around 1 am --रेस कारगिल में सुबह , 7 बजे शुरू होगी।इसलिए लेह से कारगिल जा रहा हूँ।पहले लेह से शुरू होनी थी लेकिन रूट बदल गया।100 किलोमीटर चल चुका, 130 और[one of my facebook post..]

43548765_10156794060209878_4312260745594142720_n.jpg