Raid de Himalaya .worlds second toughest Motorcycle race journey

Suneesh Sharma

Love my Iron Beast
Wonderful pics and seems your adventure was full of ups and downs.....
Well we cant call it an adventure unless it has surprises to come :)

Imlucky

Lucky Rider
Wow. It's such an exciting event and getting participation in such an event is a life time opportunity though only a participant knows the struggle behind that.
Love the pictures and the way you have explained about your experience.

flaxman12

on first day of raid i came to knew that all the participants have installed a different jet in there carburetor to suck more oxygen due to high altitude .rest of the competitors had motorcycles with fuel injection. i was unaware of this trick so speed of my motorcycle was less due to less oxygen

flaxman12

around 1 am i reached kargil city .it was subzero temperature over there.i spent night in hotel .other [participants were also in same hotel i asked them about the morning programme of rally. in morning we have to get up at 5 am and report at rally starting point. there was 70 kilometer transport stage. than there was a 67 kilometer competitive stage from sankhu village to drass .it was a dirt road made by Indian army during kargil war as an alternate to drass to leh highway to avoid Pakistani shelling .it was first day of race i was quite excited. we had to go to the starting point in 2 hour so there was enough time to reach sankhu village. local people new about rally so they were also excited and waving us

flaxman12

leg one started from sankhu village of kargil.we had to go to drass via a dirt road. at many places there was fresh snow. i was the last one to complete this stage . we had to cover 70 kilometer distance