Raipur to New Delhi by road

jk.lautrey

Is it possible to drive to New Delhi from Raipur in one go that is without any night halt, if so how much time is it expected to take.

Yes JK its possible but you need to start ur trip early in the morning. Just like 3am or 4am. I did Raipur Chandigarh in 24hrs. On my innova. Roads are superb awesome. Beautiful highway. If you want to take a night halt, agra is better option for that. Bcoz next morning you'll definitely love the driving on Yamuna Expressway. :) I am giving you the route go with it.
Raipur - Deori - Balaghat - Seoni - Lakhnadon - Narsingpur - Sagar - Lalitpur - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi. Its around 1200km. DO NOT TAKE RAIPUR JABALPUR HIGHWAY. You'll get only 250km of 2 lane highway from deori to Seoni but roads are good. after that all roads are four lane stretch.

Drive safe. Take Care. For any more information about stay and food. Feel free to ask. I am also from Raipur. :)

Last edited:

deba72

Yes JK its possible but you need to start ur trip early in the morning. Just like 3am or 4am. I did Raipur Chandigarh in 24hrs. On my innova. Roads are superb awesome. Beautiful highway. If you want to take a night halt, agra is better option for that. Bcoz next morning you'll definitely love the driving on Yamuna Expressway. :) I am giving you the route go with it.
Raipur - Deori - Balaghat - Seoni - Lakhnadon - Narsingpur - Sagar - Lalitpur - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi. Its around 1200km. DO NOT TAKE RAIPUR JABALPUR HIGHWAY. You'll get only 250km of 2 lane highway from deori to Seoni but roads are good. after that all roads are four lane stretch.

Drive safe. Take Care. For any more information about stay and food. Feel free to ask. I am also from Raipur. :)
Hi, This means Jhansi -Gwalior stretch is now complete ? Earlier this section used to be bad..

IRISH

Hi

After reading posts on different threads, I hope the NS Corridor is in good shape upto Seoni. I plan to travel from Delhi to Gondia (MH). I will be the solo person cum driver in my Safari.

I am planing to take the Delhi --> Mathura (via YE) --> Agra (Byepass) --> Gwalior --> Jhansi --> Sagar --> Narsinghpur --> Seoni --> Balaghat --> Gondia.

Now please advise me with the following:

1. Road conditions from Gwalior till Seoni are good to drive except for diversions?
2. What are the current road conditions between Seoni - Balaghat - Gondia?
3. Decent places to stay at Sagar, Narsinghpur and Seoni as I plan to start by 7 AM from Delhi and will break my journey at either Narsinghpur or Seoni depending upon the timings.
4. Security issues on this whole route (Delhi to Gondia) for a single person inside a vehicle ofcourse not after 8 PM.

Cheers!
Irish :)

rkhare

1. Road conditions from Gwalior till Seoni are good to drive except for diversions?
Road between Gwalior and Jhansi is drivable single side of 4 lane, few diversions where drivable lane switch sides. Rest is excellent.

2. What are the current road conditions between Seoni - Balaghat - Gondia?
Last I travelled on this patch was a year back. at that time it was all good. May be someone else can post latest condition.

3. Decent places to stay at Sagar, Narsinghpur and Seoni as I plan to start by 7 AM from Delhi and will break my journey at either Narsinghpur or Seoni depending upon the timings.
I am aware of hotel in Sagar, Hotel Paradise and Hotel Deepali. Paradise is budget and Deepali is slightly on higher side. Both are just 2 kms off NS Corridor on same road.

4. Security issues on this whole route (Delhi to Gondia) for a single person inside a vehicle ofcourse not after 8 PM.
Absolutely no issues till Seoni. beyond that route looks scary at night but still safe. ;)

badi8888

Dear I travelled this route last year august 14, i travelled nagpur -sagar- jhansi-panipat in wagon-r total 1270 kms.

I will suggest the route keeping your limitations,
DELHI-YEW- ETAWAH- BHOGINPUR- JHANSI- LALITPUR-SAGAR APPX 770 KMS
Night halt sagar
SAGAR- KARELI- NARSINGPUR- SEONI-BALAGHAT-GONDIA

SEONI- BALAGHAT is a good MP State highway which on date is better than maharsashtra state highway.

@IRISH Delhi to Gondia Roads are good. It's easily doable. Road Conditions from Gwalior to Seoni is good except Gwalior Jhansi stretch.
2. 3 days back i did solo bike ride from Raipur to Chandigarh. Seoni balaghat Gondia Roads are in good shape till to MP border. After that you will get around 15 km bad Maharashtra State Highway till to Gondia.
3. As you say you started your trip by 7 am from Delhi. Take a night halt in Rajmarg. Hotel Gagan Palace ( Cheap and Best ). You will get fresh food in hotel and there is one poornima Dhaba also in front of That hotel. Foods are good over there.
4. Don't drive at night from Rajmarg to Lakhnadon highway. Its not safe for solo drive after Narsingpur. :)

Cheers!
Shashank