Ranthambhore : Water Hole Animal Census, tigers, forts and more....

DKay

Super User
11/03/2017 - EVENING SAFARI

I was very happy with the sequence of events in the morning safari so was really looking forward to my evening safari in the same zone. But on entering the zone, we found out that both the tigers had moved and went in different direactions.

So all we could do was search, wait and hope for any news. But since luck was on our side we quickly happened to locate the tiger. Initially we thought it was Tigress T84, till the tiger lifted his tail to mark his territory we came to know that it is the new Male T91

DSC08318.JPG

He was aggressively patrolling his newly acquired area
DSC08340.JPG

Moving from one place to another and constantly marking his territory
DSC08349.JPG

Rubbing themselves with tree trunks is another way by which tigers leave their scent marks
DSC08393.JPG

He would sit down from time to time and this gave us opportunity to click him to out hearts content
DSC08421.JPG

Smelling and trying to fathom the other tigers present in the area
DSC08476.JPG

Luckily the light was good and we did make some decent pictures
DSC08496.JPG

After giving us a good sighting for an hour he crossed us and disappeared in a non tourism area
DSC08511.JPG

After the tiger left we roamed around a bit more hoping to find T84 but to no avail. But I did click some birds

Painted Sandgrouse
DSC08526.JPG

Serpent Eagle
DSC08266.JPG

That was an end to another fruitful Safari

kdacharya

Super User
to see a tiger is a blessing from god, albeit at a distance, to see a tigress with cubs is even a bigger blessing. Lovely shots and you are one lucky dude.

Pardeep Dhounchak

जाट देवता ने कहा है : घुमक्कड़ी किस्मत से मिलती है
You have KHAJANA of TIGER
Gratest SAFARI ride Ever............

Pardeep Dhounchak

The GR8 thing is that you are the lucky Charm for Tiger Sighting at every SARAFI RIDE:rock:, peoples who loved to SAFARI in Ranthambore MUST HIRED you for 100% chance of Tiger sighting :):):):):):):)

Pardeep Dhounchak

How's the feeling when SAFARI struck in deep hole:shock: and you all try to get it anddddd THE TIGER was there nearby ....:eek::eek: