adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Connect Redmi 4S with PC - win xp / win 7 / win 10

How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)
By Taylor Gibb on November 11th, 2016

64-bit versions of Windows 10 and 8 include a “driver signature enforcement” feature. They’ll only load drivers that have been signed by Microsoft. To install less-than-official drivers, old unsigned drivers, or drivers you’re developing yourself, you’ll need to disable driver signature enforcement.

With Windows 10’s Anniversary Update, Microsoft tightened the screws even further. But you can avoid the more restrictive driver-signing requirements by disabling Secure Boot.

Driver Signature Enforcement Is a Security Feature
RELATED ARTICLE
upload_2017-6-9_0-13-38.jpeg
What’s New in Windows 10’s Anniversary Update

Before you begin, keep in mind: Microsoft isn’t just trying to make your life harder here. Driver signing enforcement ensures that only drivers that have been sent to Microsoft for signing will load into the Windows kernel. This prevents malware from burrowing its way into the Windows kernel.

Disable driver signing and you’ll be able to install drivers that weren’t officially signed. Be sure you know what you’re doing! You should only install drivers you trust.

Option One: Enable Test Signing Mode
Windows includes a “Test Mode” or “Test Signing” Mode feature. Enable this mode and driver signature enforcement will be disabled until you choose to leave Test Mode. You’ll see a “Test Mode” watermark appear at the bottom right corner of your desktop near your clock, informing you that Test Mode is enabled.

You’ll need to run a command from an Administrator Command Prompt to do this. To launch one, right-click the Start button or press Windows+X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

Paste the following command into the Command Prompt window and press Enter:

bcdedit /set testsigning on
RELATED ARTICLE

How Secure Boot Works on Windows 8 and 10, and What It Means for Linux

If you see a message saying the value is “protected by Secure Boot policy”, that means Secure Boot is enabled in your computer’s UEFI firmware. You’ll need to disable Secure Boot in your computer’s UEFI firmware (also known as its BIOS) to enable test signing mode.

Restart your computer to enter test mode. You’ll see the “Test Mode” watermark appear at the bottom right corner of your desktop and you’ll be free to install whatever unsigned drivers you want.

To leave test mode, open a Command Prompt window as Administrator once again and run the following command:

bcdedit /set testsigning off

Option Two: Use an Advanced Boot Option
RELATED ARTICLE
upload_2017-6-9_0-13-38.jpeg
Three Ways to Access the Windows 8 or 10 Boot Options Menu

There’s also another way to do this. You can use the advanced boot options menu to boot Windows 10 with driver signature enforcement disabled. This isn’t a permanent configuration change. The next time you restart Windows, it will boot with driver signature enforcement enabled—unless you go through this menu again.

To do this, get to the Windows 8 or 10 advanced boot options menu. For example, you can hold down the Shift key while you click the “Restart” option in Windows. Your computer will restart into the menu.

Select the “Troubleshoot” tile on the Choose an option screen that appears.

Select “Advanced options”.

Click the “Startup Settings” tile.

Click the “Restart” button to restart your PC into the Startup Settings screen.

Type “7” or “F7” at the Startup Settings screen to activate the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.

Your PC will boot with driver signature enforcement disabled and you’ll be able to install unsigned drivers. However, the next time you restart your computer, driver signature enforcement will be disabled—unless you go through this menu again. You’re now free to install drivers that haven’t been officially signed by Microsoft.

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

adsatinder

Read this also:
http://en.miui.com/thread-52226-1-1.html

I have found many users on this forum unable to setup USB connectivity to Windows XP. This guide will try to help them out.

The main problem here is that most Windows XP users do not have their Windows XP up to date.

1. You need to update your Windows XP to support Microsoft UMDF (User Mode Driver Framework).
2. You need to update your Windows XP to support Microsoft Window Media Format 11.0
3. You need to update your Windows XP to support MTP (Media Transport Protocol) Drivers.

To resolve these issues ... download
Microsoft.zip (10.11 MB, Downloads: 49522) and unzip it in a folder. The files in the zip file are as under:

1. Installing Microsoft UMDF (User Mode Driver Framework)

Run the umdf.exe file and it will update your Windows XP to support UMDF

2. Installing Microsoft Window Media Format 11.0

Run the wmfdist11.exe file and it will update your Windows XP to support Windows Media Format 11.0
Restart Windows XP.

3. Installing MTP Drivers

Connect the MTP device (Phone) to your PC and when Windows XP prompts for driver installation, select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) ->Search for the best drivers in these locations, Check Include this location in the search, browse and select the path to the unzipped folder and install the driver.

If all things went on successfully, you should be able to see your phone in My Computer something like the image below:

And opening it should allow you to explore the phone's internal storage and SD card something like the image below:

Now you are ready to transfer files to/from your phone.
Note: You may need to enable USB debugging in your phone for the same.

For Mi Phone users:
If you don't want to use Mi Phone Manager, you can just download
Xiaomi.zip (8.49 MB, Downloads: 20593) and install the Xiaomi Composite MDB Interface driver for your phone.

Disclaimer: All files have been downloaded from the net over time and all care has been taken to make sure they are free of viruses, but please do check at your own before installing them. Also make sure to create a restore point before executing the procedure. I may not be held responsible if the above procedure does not work for your phone.

adsatinder

I got toughened glass for my Redmi3s prime when in September.
Recently it cracked in a trip when it fell on floor with scren side down.
My screen had good impact but it no damage to it,
Only toughened glass developed only one crack.
Then slowly other cracks appeared but still it was good to use,
But to save screen I bought Toughened Glass again.
Similar Quality:

http://www.amazon.in/Kaira-Hardness-Toughened-Tempered-Protector/dp/B01KOHBOCQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1499280769&sr=1-4&keywords=toughened+glass

Kaira Pro HD+ 9H Hardness Toughened Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Xiaomi Redmi 3s / 3s Prime / Redmi 3S Plus

203 customer reviews
| 23 answered questions
Price: 999.00
Sale: 249.00 FREE Delivery on orders over ₹599.00.Details
You Save: 750.00 (75%)
Inclusive of all taxes
Cash on Delivery eligible.
In stock.
Sold by kaira accessories (4.4 out of 5 | 3,314 ratings) andFulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
8 offers from 149.00
  • 3D 2.5D EDGES ROUND EDGE DESIGN - prevents dust from entry and provides smooth and naked screen experience, also, enhance compatibility with most cases. 9H hardness tempered glass protects the original screen from shattering, and HD optical transmittance provides super high definition clarity.;ANTI-FINGERPRINT OLEOPHOBIC COATING - Precise laser cut tempered glass made with polished, rounded edges. 99.99% HD Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy.

1 toughened glass.jpg

2 toughened glass.jpg

3 toughened glass.jpg

4 toughened glass.jpg

5 toughened glass.jpg

6 toughened glass.jpg

adsatinder

After toughned glass got this Mobile Cover::

http://www.amazon.in/G-case-Luxury-Mercury-Wallet-Xiaomi/dp/B01MUAH4NW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499282905&sr=8-1&keywords=mercury+cover+redmi+3s

G-Case
G-case Luxury Mercury Diary Wallet Style Flip Cover Case for Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime - Blue
1 customer review
Price: 237.00 FREE Delivery on orders over ₹599.00.Details
Inclusive of all taxes
Cash on Delivery eligible.
In stock.
Sold by GMKMART (4.4 out of 5 | 16 ratings) and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
2 offers from 235.00

• PU leather exterior, cross pattern surface
  • TPU soft inner case
  • Diary style, 2 card slots and 1 side pockets
  • Convenient stand function , Magnetic closure flap
  • Protects your phone from Scratches, bumps and falls

21 mobile cover mercuty.jpg

22 mobile cover mercury.jpg

23 mobile cover mercury.jpg

24 mobile cover mercury.jpg

adsatinder

in this price bracket lenovo k5 plus (3gb) is very good option if u ignore battery and finger scanner.

+ in fav of k5
1. full hd screen
2. better camera in day light (both)
3. a user always got 1.5gb ram .
4. better sound output due to it's dual speaker.
5. better service centre.

things which goes against k5
1. battery which is merely 2800mah
2. no finger print scanner
You can now go for Redmi 4 as it is little better.
4G network bands are more (LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300), 41(2500))
Gorilla Glass
Some other little improvements.
Check detail here:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone2=8608&idPhone3=8608&idPhone1=8150#*,redmi-4,*

All in all
I am happy with my purchase of Redmi 3s Prime.

I wanted to have Samsung J7 atleast.
I got similar specs at much lesser costs.
J7 - screen size is 5.5 inch
I have 5 inch screen in Redmi 3s Prime.

adsatinder

Now My redmi 3s Prime got an update recently
8.5.3.0 is a stable ROM

Some apps are supporting more to cloud.
Some fields are changed in some basic apps.

I changed it little late as if some problems that may occur can get stabilized in some small updates:

http://en.miui.com/thread-675486-1-1.html

http://www.stechguide.com/miui-8-5-3-0-global-stable-rom-for-redmi-3sprime/

Download MIUI 8.5.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 3s/Prime
  • MIUI 8.2.5.0 to MIUI 8.5.3.0 OTA for Redmi 3s/Prime – Download
  • MIUI 8.5.3.0 Update for Redmi 3s/Prime – Download
  • MIUI 8.5.3.0 Full Fastboot ROM for Redmi 3s/Prime – Coming Soon
How to Install MIUI 8.5.3.0 Update on Redmi 3s/Prime –
To install MIUI v8.5.3.0 for Redmi 3s/Prime from above either Recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM and use the below method to install thin on your device.

Flash MIUI 8.5.3.0 on Redmi 3s Prime (Recovery and Fastboot)

Download the latest MIUI 8.5.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 3s/Prime and flash it. Comment below if you have any doubts.

adsatinder

Got Redmi 4
3GB RAM -32GB ROM
Yesterday.

UI is little different from Redmi 3s Prime.
Looks are also little more curvy, like new iPhone sleek models.

This was taken from Offline Store, A preferred partner of MI.
Cost is little more than online sale.
Cost at online sale is 9k.
Cost at offline store is 9k5.

All models are readily available at offline store.

Recently I tried for online sale at amazon.in for this model as a BCMTian required it.
We both failed in acquiring this order online for trying for few hours.

Last edited: