adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Xiaomi MIUI 9 update: List of devices that will recieve the update

Xiaomi started rolling out MIUI 9 for Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2 last week. The users of these devices can download the update via OTA or flash the stable update by downloading it from the company's forum.

The company has claimed that the rest of the devices that qualified for the MIUI 9 update will start receiving it by the end of this month. Earlier this month, the company confirmed the devices that will receive MIUI 9 update. It is suggested that users keep a back up for all their data before beginning the boot-process.

The new software was launched alongside the Xiaomi Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite, which will also recieve the update by mid-november. Considering that these new low-specked devices will get the update early, most other Xiaomi devices might also recieve the update within this month.

During the launch event the company compared the MIUI 9 with Samsung's TouchWiz on J7 Max. The MIUI 9 was able to open and close 34 apps in comparison to Touch Wiz's 16. Samsung J7 Max was also compared to measure lag-times in between switching apps. Xioami claims the Samsung device takes 45 per cent higher time than the Redmi Note 4 that was operating on MIUI 9. The company even claimed to be as fast as Android stock version.

The MIUI 9 makes changes in the notifications shade. The user will have multiple styles of notifications. The notifications will also be bundled in accordance with the application. The user will be able to interact with updates within the notification shade. The split screen can be initiated by using the open applications page. Icon animations have been integrated to the new MIUI 9.

Features like Smart Photo editing will let the user edit background distractions within images without much hassle.
MIUI 9 also has a shortcut page on the left of the home page. Similar to the Google Now launcher, the user will just have to swipe right to open the shortcuts. Mi Video App now supports popular video formats and also facilitates automatic grouping of videos.

Xiaomi has also introduced various India-centric features in the new MIUI 9. IRCTC text messages with ticket details will be received in a card format. Indian festivals have also been included on the Mi Calendar application. The company has also launched stickers specially made for India along with a new Limitless theme.

These are the devices that will receive the new MIUI 9:

MI Mix 2, Mi Note 3, Mi 6, Mi Max 2, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi 4, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1s

Mi Mix. Mi Note 2, Mi 5, Mi 5s, MI 5s Plus, Mi Max, Mi Max Prime, Redmi Note 3, Redmi 3, Redmi 3s, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A

Mi Note, Mi 4i, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note 2

Mi 4, Redmi Note 4G

Mi 3

http://m.businesstoday.in/lite/story/xiaomi-miui-9-update-list-of-devices-update/1/263162.html

Last edited:

adsatinder

Had a problem by chance activating an app 's accessibility,
Accidentally TalkBack was activated.
This is almost like freezing of screen, even worst than freezing.
I was not able to swipe up or down.
It was very frustrating.

Yesterday my friend came up to me with his Redmi 3s prime, cause he has enabled talk back on his device and can't turn it of.

Worst of all he has a pattern lock activated in his device so it was even more difficult.

Today i am going to tell you a very easy method(veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery easy!) to turn off the "Talk Back" feature.

It will not require any type of software of ROM Flash. Your data will not be lost and there is no chance of bricking your lovely Redmi 3s prime.

So let's get started:

Requirment:- 1> OTG Cable
2> USB Mouse.

That's it! This is all we need.

Now just Follow the steps:

1> Connect usb mouse to your device with OTG cable.
Since it is very hard to operate the device with toach therefore we are using a mouse.

2> Just swipe and you will see your pattern lock screen(right click and swipe up)(right click act as toach)

3> Now you can unlock your pattern using your finger or you can also use the mouse. Just keep on pressing right click and draw your pattern.

4> Voila..... you have got your beautiful home screen. Now just navigate to
a] Settings
b] Additional Settings
c] Accessibility
d] Talk Back
e] Turn off.

you will asked again just click on yes.

Note: This trick can work on almost any other device which support OTG.
The trick was to use mouse for easy clicking.
LOVE MIUI
LOVE MI

But I got some other ways to solve this problem:
I tried to reboot.
It got rebooted by pressing Power Button and touch worked after 3 taps / press.
You have to touch/press 3 times when an app/action to work.
Now I got Settings of Talk Balk.
It was paused at last point.

Now do this:
a] Settings
b] Additional Settings
c] Accessibility
d] Talk Back
e] Turn off.

I was able to get into Settings and reached the desired place.
a] Settings
b] Additional Settings
c] Accessibility
d] Talk Back
e] Turn off.

See detail in next post.

Last edited:

adsatinder

Another Solution to off Talk Back in Redmi 3s Prime or
any similar UI with some more effort.

I was able to get into Settings as I kept my settings icon in main home screen.
It was much convenient to reach here.
Otherwise you have to work with Mouse only if settings icon is at next pages.

upload_2017-11-22_2-1-49.png

Now Search is available.
I was able to tap in this box and reached to activated keyboard.
Now I tried to type
>> Additional Settings accessibility

additional settings.png

only this is enough to reach the desired screen to Tap Off Talk Back.
After typing
Additional Settings accessibility
I entered this screen
upload_2017-11-22_2-27-9.png

upload_2017-11-22_2-1-58.png

I tapped on Accessibility it was little difficult to make it off .

but after some 3 taps tried
this appeared :

upload_2017-11-22_2-26-56.png

To Make it Off
touch on it and this appeared :

additional settings dialogue to off talk back.png

I touched on Ok (3 taps).
Talk Back got off.
Now it is good to go.

Remember to tap 3 times in Talk Back Mode.
With some taps you will be able to understand how your mobile is working.

Last edited:

adsatinder

Those who want to try other ROMs on Redmi 3s can read this :

Top 8 Best Custom ROMs for Redmi 3S/Prime [2017]
by Subhnish · Published August 19, 2017 · Updated August 22, 2017

Redmi 3S was one of the best budget smartphones in 2016. With the beast hardware specification and a Metal body, Redmi 3S sold out in seconds. With such popularity, It came to the attention of Android Developer community and Now there are many Custom ROMs for Redmi 3S/prime. Not all of them are ready to use on a daily basis, but some of them are Stable and ready to use.

I have picked up 7 best Custom ROMs for Redmi 3S/prime on the basis of their stability, features, and User base. So if you want to Customize your Redmi 3S/prime by flashing Custom ROMs, Check out these 8 ROMs.

You need a Custom Recovery to flash a Custom ROM. Click here to flash a Custom Recovery.

Also read:

Best Custom ROM for Redmi Note 3

Best Custom ROMs for Coolpad Note 3 lite

Table of Contents [hide]

Best Custom ROMs for Redmi 3S/Prime
  • Resurrection Remix
  • CyanogenMod 13.0
  • LineageOS
  • AOSP Extended
  • AICP – N
  • Darkness redefined
  • Mokee
  • AOKP

ResurrectionRemix

Resurrection Remix is one the most feature rich Custom ROM ever made for Android. This ROM includes tons of features with an optimized and smooth UI. Resurrection Remix is based on CyanogenMod, slim and other famous Custom ROMs. RR has a perfect balance between performance and Customization at the time. Battery life is also Good.

How to flash:

• Download the Latest build/ROM and
  • GappsTake a Nandroid backup (Optional)
  • Full wipe and factory reset
  • Flash ROM using latest TWRP 3.x Recovery
  • Flash Gapps
  • Reboot.
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Source: XDA forums

Resurrection Remix Custom Rom for Redmi 3S / Redmi 3S Prime | How to install

06:19
9/10/2016

CyanogenMod 13.0

CyanogenMod is one of the most feature rich Custom ROM for Redmi 3S/prime. The ROM comes with a clean and Material UI, but the level of customization in this ROM is awesome. Many Smartphones companies have used CyanogenMod as their primary OS, Oneplus and YU are such examples.

CyanogenMod comes with a perfect balance between performance and Customization. There are thousands of themes to choose from the Theme Store. And the best part is the community, which will help you with every single query.

How to flash:-

• Download the ROM and Gapps
  • Reboot to recovery mode
  • Factory reset (for first-time flashers)
  • Flash the ROM and Gapps
  • Reboot
Based On: CyanogenMod
Source: XDA Forums

LineageOS 14.1

LineageOS is the successor of the successful Custom ROM i.e CyanogenMod. The UI of this ROM is again very neat and clean, but you can change it (very much) with the Customization options in this ROM. And same like CyanogenMod, this ROM also has a good balance between performance and customization. If you want to use the Latest Android Nougat in your Redmi 3S/prime then LineageOS is the ROM for you.

How to flash:

• Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe Cache
  • Full Wipe and factory reset
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

AICP-N

ACIP (Ice Cold Project) that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with its own community.AICP based on CyanogenMod. This ROM already loaded with all useful features.

How to flash:

• Go into the Recovery
  • Full Wipe
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LOS

AospExtended

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based rom which provides stock UI with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.

How to flash:

Download the ROM and GApps

Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, Dalvik)

Flash ROM and Gapps

Wipe cache

Reboot

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest
Based On: AOSP

DarkNess reDefined

DarkNess reDefined is a Stable Custom ROM. The ROM is very light on the hardware, with a Glossy UI. The theme contains few but Important features. The ROM is perfect for daily usage and you will love the simplicity of this ROM.

How to flash:

Download the ROM and Gapps
Boot into recovery mode
Wipe System/Data/Dalvik Cache/Cache
Flash ROM and Gapps zip file
Reboot

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: Lineage Os

MoKee
Mokee is a Custom ROM based on CyanogenMod. Mokee ROM includes some exclusive features like Yu browser, Aegis Power saver etc. It is based on AOSP. The ROM is stable for daily use and pretty much everything works.

How to flash:

Download the latest build and Gapps
Boot into Recovery
Full wipe and factory reset
Flash ROM and Gapps
Reboot.

Based On: CyanogenMod, MoKee

Android Open Kang Project

AOKP is a Custom ROM with Clean and Vanilla Android UI with some Customization options. Redmi 3S comes with a lot of in-built apps, although they are useful not all of them are necessary to a specific user. Moreover, the 2 GB RAM version of Redmi 3S struggles with such heavy UI. AOKP is a light ROM without any bloat. Perfect for Daily usage and you can further change it according to your need.

How to flash:

• Download the latest build of AOKP ROM
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Full wipe
  • Wipe cache and Dalvik cache
  • Reboot
Based On: Android Open Kang ProjectSoruce:
Source: XDA forum

https://techorfy.com/best-redmi-3s-prime-custom-roms/

Extra detail for Lineage OS:
https://www.lineageosroms.org/forums/topic/lineage-os-15-redmi-3s-prime-android-oreo-8-0-rom/

adsatinder

Redmi 3s Prime got MIUI 9

Now it is looking good.
Many Features are added.

My RN4 also got MIUI9.2 and it is much smooth now.

adsatinder

I wanted to do hard reset my Redmi 3s prime mobile.

I used this trick:

Redmi Note 4 has simple Wipe Data on power button only.

MIUI has this problem that all data is accumulated in inner memory of mobile.
Slowly it gets full with apps.

I am addicted to MIUI now.
LOL !