Refrigerator - Which to buy?

torq118

Awesome Member
Hi!!
Need to buy a Refrigerator, following are the requirements:
  1. Should be 2 door ( don't need the mess that comes with the single door - defreeze again & again).
  2. Capacity - I heard 2 door comes above 240 L, hence the capacity shall be around 240 L
  3. Star Rating - atleast 3 Star.
  4. Preferred Brand: LG ( but not limited to)
  5. Budget: 22K +/- (3-4 K)
  6. Additional Info required: What is this new Invertor Technology - Does this means that the Fridge will work on invertor?
Please help!!
Thanks in advance.

Punit Gupta

Ace

Using Whirlpool and LG and as per my experience Whirlpool is better. It is 2 door, 4 star, retains low temperature even in longer power cuts (4-5 hrs). Makes ice fast as well. No issues with functionality. The LG is single door and had some issue with water leaking from the melting ice from the freezer, rectified though. Not experience with frost free models from LG.

Rohit Kothari

Super User
Invertor technology basically controls compressor speed for cooling. Usually in start rated Refrigerators and ACs, the compressor is totally switched off to save power when a desirable temperature is reached. But in case of invertor technology the speed of compressor can be moderated to keep a steady temperature. This results in lower power consumption. It does not however mean that it will work on inverter. For that your inverter needs to have sufficient power to supply electricity to an Ac/Refrigerator.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
I am using Godrej eon double door from last five years.
New technology fridge is different now. Check for Whirlpool as it is best but on upper side in cost.
Most new fridge compartments are adjustable.

torq118

Awesome Member
Congrats !
for new Fridge !

How much warranty ?
10 Years for Compressor

Invertor technology basically controls compressor speed for cooling. Usually in start rated Refrigerators and ACs, the compressor is totally switched off to save power when a desirable temperature is reached. But in case of invertor technology the speed of compressor can be moderated to keep a steady temperature. This results in lower power consumption. It does not however mean that it will work on inverter. For that your inverter needs to have sufficient power to supply electricity to an Ac/Refrigerator.
Yesterday there was a power cut & to my surprise the Refrigerator was working on Invertor.