remove mobile number from truecaller.com

cat

Senior Billi
I don't know, I just want to say it is like malware, or spyware. Just yesterday, saw another post on avforums suggesting truecaller. Price you pay, for whatever benefit. I just google the number, 90% just search page tells me what I need to know, I add it to the block list.
But still I get some every week, they use systems that show a fake landline number.

adsatinder

explorer
How to Remove Your Number From Truecaller
By Gadgets 360 Staff | Updated: 9 February 2016 18:40 IST
Share on Facebook Tweet

Snapchat Share Reddit Email 9 comments

Truecaller is a popular app that shows you contact details of unknown numbers calling you. It crowdsources contact details from all its users' address books. So even if you've never used the service, your name and number could be on Truecaller's database, thanks to someone else who's saved your contact details and allowed the app to access them.
Not everyone knows this, but for some fixed-line phones, Truecaller even lists the address of the landline. This doesn't mean much when telemarketers or spammers call from an office address, but ideally you wouldn't want strangers to know your home address just because you called them from your landline. Of course Truecaller sources this data from public data sources. This is because if someone knows your landline number, they can easily find the registered address via any publicly available phonebook (many telcos have this information public) or even by simply searching for your landline number on Google.
For this reason, you should consider removing your number from Truecaller's database. Note that you can't remove your number from the service if you are using the app. You'll have to deactivate your own account to get your number removed. If you were hoping to get just your number removed, while seeing contact details of everyone else who calls, you're out of luck.
If you are ready to remove Truecaller once and for all, here's what you need to do. If you are using the app on iPhone, Android, or Windows mobile, here's how to deactivate your Truecaller account.

Steps to deactivate your Truecaller account
Android

Open the app > tap the people icon in the upper left corner > Settings > About > Deactivate account.
iPhone
Open the app > tap the gear icon in the top right corner > About Truecaller > Scroll down > Deactivate Truecaller.
Windows Mobile
Open the app and tap the three dots in the bottom right corner > Settings > Help > Deactivate account.
Once you have deactivated your Truecaller account, you can proceed to removing your number from the service. Here's how.
How to remove your number from Truecaller
  1. Go to the Truecaller unlist page.
  2. Enter your phone number with the correct country code. For example: +911140404040 or +919999999999.
  3. Tick one of the reasons for unlisting, or if you wish, type your reasons for removal in the Other form.
  4. Key in the verification captcha.
  5. Click Unlist.
Truecaller claims that it removes these numbers up to 24 hours after receiving an unlist request. This doesn't always mean that your number will stay off the service forever. We'd removed our mobile number around a year ago but it started appearing again on the service a few days ago even though we've never used Truecaller. Your best bet is to keep checking with Truecaller users whether they see your contact details. If they don't, you're good to go. If not, you can always ask them to unlist your number.

adsatinder

explorer
How do I unlist my phone number?
Follow
You can at any time opt-out from our database through our webpage. If you are a Truecaller user, please deactivate your account first.
  • On Android: Tap on the 3 stripe menu -> settings -> privacy center.
  • On iPhone: Tap on the profile avatar (upper left) - > settings -> privacy center.
Important! It can take up to 24 hours before your number gets removed. Numbers marked as spam cannot be unlisted.
Note, you need to include your country code in front of the phone number. For example, +91xxxx, +46xxxx, +1xxxx.
Screen_Shot_2019-02-12_at_13.03.32.png

How do I unlist my phone number?

Reactions: cat

adsatinder

explorer
DigitBin
Digital Bin of Technology

Remove your number from Truecaller

Unlist & Remove your Number from Truecaller Database
Unlist your number from Truecaller directory on Android, iPhone, Windows or website with a simple guide below.
Truecaller is one of the most popular global call detail indexing and caller ID service with social media integration to keep the phonebook up-to-date with pictures and birthdays. The Truecaller can be a lifesaver in many circumstances. It can is very much useful to identify the identity of the unknown number. The Truecaller works as on a website and also has an App with more features to integrate with a smartphone.

How Truecaller gets your contact Details?
Have you ever wondered how Truecaller knows about your contact number and other info? Basically, if a person installs the TC App, the App asks for Contact Permissions. And the TrueCaller scans all the contacts in his phonebook and stores it over its server. Therefore, even if you do not use Truecaller but any person who had saved your contact and uses TrueCaller App, directly or indirectly gives access to his PhoneBook to the App making your details public.
But situations do arrive when you want to remove yourself from Truecaller Database and unlist your name and number from Truecaller. Today in this post I will tell you all the methods to unlist yourself.
How Unlist Your Number from Truecaller?
Using an official Website
Step 1. Go to www.truecaller.com/unlisting/

Step 2. Enter your number that you’d like to remove.
Step 3. Verify ‘I’m Not a Robot’
Step 4. You will now receive a confirmation message once your number has been successfully unlisted in 24 hours.
If you are a Verified User
If you’re Truecaller user and have verified your number you must first Deactivate your account.

• Open the Truecaller application on your Smartphone.
  • Tap on the 3 vertical lines/dots to open more options
  • Click on settings.
  • Now tap on about under the support tab.
  • Scroll down and Deactivate account.
  • Hit the Yes button.
  • Now go to the official website and unlist the number as given in steps #1
  • You will now receive a confirmation message of number unlisting. It may take 24 hrs for the change to take place.
Conclusion: The number will be unlisted within 24-36 hours but Truecaller doesn’t guarantee the permanent removal of the number.
I recommend you to check the removal of your number and name from the directory on the continual basis.
I hope the post was helpful. Do comment below for any assistance or support.

How to Unlist & Remove your Number from Truecaller Database?

adsatinder

explorer
How to delete number from true caller app in Hindi
•Aug 7, 2018

Technoverse

113K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
Hello, friends in this video,"How to delete or remove the number from true caller app in Hindi" in this video I will show you that how you can deactivate your turecaller account and how to unlist your phone number from trecaller database. Website links : https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting Please Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rochitsingh51/

adsatinder

explorer
How to Remove Name and Number from Truecaller (Hindi) । Truecaller से अपना नाम और नंबर कैसे हटाये ?
•May 22, 2019

Vikram Rathore

SUBSCRIBE
How to Remove Name and Number from Truecaller Permanently (Hindi) 2019 । Truecaller se Apna Naam aur Number Kaise Hataye ya Delete Kare Hamesha ke liye । How to Unlist Any Number from Truecaller । Truecaller से अपना नाम और नंबर कैसे हटाये ? How to Delete/Deactivate Truecaller Account । Truecaller Unlisting Page Link :- https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting

anupamkansal

I read an article about making the data useless by adding lots of spam data... how about you add your number to your phoenboosk with 100 junk names. That data will get uploaded to True Caller DB and hopefully it will hide the original name + ph combination.

Havign said that, simple algorithms on their end may be able to clean up the bad data...