Renting Motorcycles in India

Yamahuh

Why don't you want to rent an Enfield?? We went with 350 Electras and they were solid and (mostly) dependable - I had no issues whatsoever with mine and my friend only had a a couple fo minor issues

Keith Flynn

Why don't you want to rent an Enfield?? We went with 350 Electras and they were solid and (mostly) dependable - I had no issues whatsoever with mine and my friend only had a a couple fo minor issues
No issue with Enfields as such. I'd just prefer to be doing a trip like that on more modern type of bike that I'm used to.

beruoist

Guru
Hi Guys,

Need quick help here.I wanted to rent a motorcycle for 05 days in mid Feb from New Delhi.I will be landing in Delhi on 13 Feb around 07-08 PMish.Any shop which is open till late hours.
Also do they provide riding gears along with bike ?

Would prefer R15.

Cheers
Biru

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Doubt you will find anyone renting an R15 or 200NS. You will likely get a Pulsar if you look around hard enough. Also keep in mind that this is sort of off season, so hopefully you can bargain hard.

Renters with best rapport are Lali Singh and Bulletwallahs, but they mostly deal with foreigners and have Bullets and also charge a slight premium. Since you are going to arrive late, best option would be to talk to one of these guys and book in advance or schedule a day specifically for this purpose.

None of the renters provide riding gear, in fact some don't even provide basic tools and spares, so make sure you are getting those with whatever bike you rent.

There are also motorcycle renters in Rishikesh (as far as I know), but no idea about their quality.

Having said all this, my suggestion would be to ship your own motorcycle to Delhi and ride it. It will likely cost you around 500-600 bucks more if you do this, but you will have peace of mind and won't have to pay a deposit of 20-30k or more.

Yamahuh

I rented from BulletWallahs - the bikes weren't great but they were adequate and pretty reliable barring a first day spark plug cap fault, certainly nothing major.
However, the tool kit that they provided was next to useless, metric tools for imperial components and the bikes did not have electric start. Also, be aware that BulletWallahs sources a lot / most of its bikes from Tony Bike Centre in Karol Bagh - so you can go direct to Rajesh Trehan at Tony Bike and cut out the middle man if you want to save a few rupees per day. That being said, Vivien at BulletWallahs was incredibly helpful, even helping with arrangements to have my daypack returned to Delhi after I lost it while riding in Ladakh. Very nice lady. She also directed us to a shop in Karol Bagh where we were able to buy helmets for about $35 US. I'd definitely recommend taking your own gear besides that though.

Can anyone help me with renting a bike in Srinagar. I am planning a short trip to the valley in Feb or March and would need to rent a bike either from Jammu or from Srinagar. Pls help..

beruoist

Guru
Doubt you will find anyone renting an R15 or 200NS. You will likely get a Pulsar if you look around hard enough. Also keep in mind that this is sort of off season, so hopefully you can bargain hard.

Renters with best rapport are Lali Singh and Bulletwallahs, but they mostly deal with foreigners and have Bullets and also charge a slight premium. Since you are going to arrive late, best option would be to talk to one of these guys and book in advance or schedule a day specifically for this purpose.

None of the renters provide riding gear, in fact some don't even provide basic tools and spares, so make sure you are getting those with whatever bike you rent.

There are also motorcycle renters in Rishikesh (as far as I know), but no idea about their quality.

Having said all this, my suggestion would be to ship your own motorcycle to Delhi and ride it. It will likely cost you around 500-600 bucks more if you do this, but you will have peace of mind and won't have to pay a deposit of 20-30k or more.
Thank You Yogesh for your valuable inputs

Cheers
Biru

Lovish Sethi

is their any place to rent bike in Srinagar??

which route is better srinagar-leh or manali-leh??

i want a break from daily schedule and want to enjoy nature...

planning a trip on 1st june 2013 (this year)....