Renting Motorcycles in India

hitanshu

Master of the OT Universe
Jitender - 9810550243. Charges a decent price but his bikes are super well maintained. He's my mech - does service backups for RE for Himalayan Odyssey, Raid de himalaya and all that. Good knowledgeable fellow and you'd get good bikes. You can give him my reference.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
@ Hitanshu: Its not urgent but if you are in delhi on any free day can you please give some details of the bikes available, rentals and deposits involved...

karob

Hello Yogesh, You have some absolutely amazing photos uploaded in your site!
Is it possible to rent a bike in Manali, and drop the bike in Leh??
We are about 6 of us and have only abt a week to complete our trip. We will need to return back from Leh to Bangalore.
Hi yogesh, Did you make that trip to Leh?.. from manali?.. If yes can you share your experience?... Thanks...

roro

Hi!!

I'm from France and I want to rent a bike in Delhi.
I'll be in India next friday.

I know Karol Bagh (because I bought enfield to travel last year).
This time (for 2 weeks) I want to rent other bike (cbz, pulsar....). I can't stay one day in Delhi, because i've not lot's of time.

My plane arrive in the night and I don't want to sleep in Delhi.

Do you know if it can be manage?

Do you know good adress (I know lally singh and madaan but they only have enfield I think)?

thank you very much for your answers

Admin01

Administrator
Hi Roro, I had spoken regarding this to renter in Karol Bagh last year. His reply was, since only a few people are interested in hiring these motorcycles, renters don't like to keep them. They instead prefer Enfields, which majority of the people are looking for. However he did said that if some one was looking to hire a CBZ/Pulsar/Karizma for more than a couple of weeks, it can be arranged, however he would need at least 2-3 days for it (buy and service the vehicle).

So unless you come across a person who has ready stock of CBS/Pulsar/Karizma to rent out, chances are that you would have to either buy a second hand motorcycle from a dealer or once again take an Enfield.

Having said that, you can try giving this guy a call and see what he has to say:
Jitender - 9810550243. Charges a decent price but his bikes are super well maintained. He's my mech - does service backups for RE for Himalayan Odyssey, Raid de himalaya and all that. Good knowledgeable fellow and you'd get good bikes. You can give him my reference.

roro

thank you

i read that i need insurance. Last year with my bike in india, i didn't have one people told me it was not necessary.

What do you think about it?
is-it expensive?
where can i take one if it's necessary?

Admin01

Administrator
Roro, there are four documents that every rider/driver in India should have with him at all times:

1. Driving License
2. Vehicle Registration Certificate (commonly referred to as RC) (one can carry an attested copy of it)
3. Vehicle Insurance (at the minimum third party insurance) (one can carry an attested copy of it)
4. Pollution Under Control Certificate

Without any of these, driving/riding in India is illegal and you can be fined for it.