Renting Motorcycles in India

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
thank you

i read that i need insurance. Last year with my bike in india, i didn't have one people told me it was not necessary.

What do you think about it?
is-it expensive?
where can i take one if it's necessary?
1) Its not expensive atmost for a 2-3 year old bike it would be $ 30 max

2) For a foreign national, getting insurance in India may be a bit tough and lenghty process (like all the processes for indians) :lol:

3) Whether you have insurance or not, the rental company shall cut all the expenses incurred due to any accident or similar, from your deposit

Last edited:

Surbhin

Hi,
we are a group of 8 ppl and we are planning a trip to Jaisalmer. We were thinking of taking bikes from Jodhpur onwards to Jaisalmer. Can anyone please suggest if there is a place to rent bikes in Jodhpur? We dont want to ride from Delhi since that would take too long and we have only 3 days. We will be going to Jaisalmer on the 7th, 8th and 9th of Feb.
Thanks guys. Hope to have some good suggestions from you.
Surbhi

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
AFAIK... there are no bike rental agencies in Jodhpur. Try to get a taxi and drive it on the stretch. Even that would be a great experience. Good roads and serene location...

Surbhin

AFAIK... there are no bike rental agencies in Jodhpur. Try to get a taxi and drive it on the stretch. Even that would be a great experience. Good roads and serene location...
Thanks for this info...taking a taxi sounds good. Ive heard that the sand dunes are not to be missed! :) hopefully, we'll have a good time at the desert festival in Jaisalmer!
Cheers,
Surbhi

KushanRai

Highway till i Age!
Ya i agree...i am a rookie and planning to make a road trip to ladakh with frenz but being a student paying 20k-40k as deposits for bike rentals is a little steep task. Isnt there any other way?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Simplest option, take your own bike. Even if it means transporting it to Delhi and back, it would still cost less than the rent for a motorcycle. Also you can alway do Delhi - Leh in taxi/bus and hire motorcycles on rent from Leh for sightseeing. As far as I know, majority of the renters don't ask for such high deposits.

rahulbarve

hello everyone...
is it necessary to deposit 20-30k if you are renting a bike for 2 weeks or so in delhi ??
also will i face this same problem if i rent the bike in manali ?
we're planing a trip to leh this july-august
one last thing...how many days do u think we should take off for this trip ? ie-starting from manali/delhi towards leh

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Some of the renters accept half the security deposit as cheque, though all of them will require security deposit.

As for numbers of days, starting from Delhi, well at the minimum, you will need 10-12 days.