Retirement time destination

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I am willing to retire by the time I reach around 45 years of age. I would love to spend rest of my life on some hill station. My priorities for the hill station are :

1) Calm place

2) Not extremely remote or isolated

3) Summers should be calm around 15-20* Centigrade (I don't much care about winter as I would spend that time in my home town)

4) I should be able to have ownership of land & house. I don't want to lease it or something.

Know any place that fits the bill?

BTW what are your retirement plans?

shankarmayaa

Aham Brahmasmi
Prasham,
Retiring so soon :p

Man life begins at 45
ha ha.. True from my perspective. :) life begins at 45 as we will be probably through or going through the mid life crisis. ;) Which makes life more interesting and meaningfull :)

Retirement? What's that? :grin:
Rather from what? There are certain aspects of life from which we would not retire. :) touring, travelling, gossiping and so on.

Coming back to the topic.

I would love to spend my Second half of my life assuming my age would be 80 (too optimistic :)) as follows:

1) Travelling in a caravan throughout india. Ofcourse self driven. :)

2) Photography

Would love to have my base station in a place like Karwar. Where beaches and mountains meet. Calm, serene and what not?? Life would be great as usual then :)

Last edited:

darkside_of_d_sun

Staff member
Ohh, I thought you were 40 + already!

Unless you head up close to Siachen glacier you wont get that kindya summer temparature anywhere in India - where you can get the weather, you cant own the land, e.g. parts of J&K, Arunachal and Sikkim. So happy hunting!

Once I retire from work, I want to travel the world with my base somewhere in India, preferable in a beach town/hamlet.

Cheers,
Shamik

Last edited:

dheeraj

Zzzzz...
ideal retirement would be to set up base someplace and pursue some passion.:)should be free to travel the world.spend time with loved ones without being worried about anything else.take the bike one day and chase the sun.
hmmm..hey these are things i can do now...should i retire?:confused:
or should i learn how to plan my time and activities and put some effort to do things that i want...:confused:

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Ohh, I thought you were 40 + already!

What made you think that?

Unless you head up close to Siachen glacier you wont get that kindya summer temparature anywhere in India - where you can get the weather, you cant own the land, e.g. parts of J&K, Arunachal and Sikkim. So happy hunting!

I wish to have 15 to 20* C not in minus.

@ YS - Not a bad idea. But what destinations do you suggest?

Last edited: