Review of 2011 CBZ xtreme-silver color

tusharxtreme

HELLO ALL BEFORE I WRITE MY REVIEW I WUD LIKE U ALL TO KNOW ABOUT MY SELECTION PROCESS.

My father owned a Hero Honda DAWN in the year 2002,which had done about 20000 odd kms before last yr when he sold it off as i had told him that i want to buy a new bike. I used to commute to school and tutions daily on my bike DAWN for 3 yrs piling up 10000 kms on it without any changes except once when the clutch plate of it had to be changed..

Then 1 fine day last yr i told my dad that i have used this bike a lot and also i need to buy a new my bike preferable in the 150 cc segment.

Then it was the process of finding which is the best bikes in the 150cc segment..

The considerations were
Hero Honda hunk(the new digital console)
Honda unicorn
Pulsar 150
Hero Honda cbz extreme(just came to know from dad the new 1 with digital console has launched)

But then my father said
Hero Honda le lo...
maintenance kam hoga aur engine bhi sahi rahega aur thoda speed mein chalane mein stability bhi milegi...

Then took the call for "CBZ XTREME".
Then the color choice...
as i has dawn in black color so didn't wanted black color,
red was very non appealing to the eyes,
Then came the silver colour...
after seeing the silver color in the showroom,decided to go with it.....

INITIAL RIDE

Was in love when i got the delivery on 27-07-2011
filled the petrol in the tank with 500 rs...
Was happy to ride it back to home.
Though it was a bit uncomfortable at first when i drove it from showroom till house as i have been on the transition from 100cc dawn to 150cc cbz...

The ride quality was awesome..
The engine noise was very less,though did not drive beyond 50kmph for the first 500kms,then went till 80kmph after the first service...

After the engine oil change in the first service the engine was butter smooth and gear shifting was awesome...

But then after 900kms or so check the engine oil throught the dipstick and then found the engine oil to be low....
:shock::shock:
went to the nearby mechanic who told me that the engine oil quality used by the hh service is below par,and got mak4t filled in it...

Thought the smoothness was not felt as in the oilchange before..

Third service
-got it done from the hh dealership but since the oil quality is below par,i changed the oil myself from my mechanicoutside the dealership... but the whole washing and cleaning of air filter etc was covered in the service...

Till now i have done around 6000km and the bike is still 11months old......

Till now no issues faced...

The ride quality at high speed is just awesome... i have driven it on NH8 at speeds of 118km/h(after opening full throttle) and was feeling a sense of stability since the seat quality is really awesome....

now the pics part....
will be uploading the pics in the night or tomorrow morning as i getting really bad internet speed...

- - - Updated - - -

uploading the pics.....
pls bear with the quality of this... as it was taken leisurely......

Attachments

tusharxtreme

@tusharxtreme, Good Review.Two questions

Does the New Version Come with Tubeless Tyres ?

What is your take on the headlamp. Are they adequate ?
1-Regarding the tubeless tyres yes both the tyres are tubeless of MRF zapper series.front-Zapper FS
Rear-zapper Y(100/90-18 ).

2- Regarding the headlights-since i do not ride much during night time,they are fine for me.. but thinking of changing it to HID's in near future... maybe after a year or so...

tusharxtreme

Ownership Review-7000 kms done...

HI every1.. just to update that my bike has completed 7000 kms in intial 1 yr of ownership...

Coming straight to the point-
Pluses-
1-Handling- good.
2-Mileage- getting a little over 40 in the city.. and 45+ on highway(75-80kmph with occasional 90+ kmph)
3-Gear shift- slick and precise. smooth gear shifts after getting the 4th service...

MINUSES
Kind of getting a sound from the front whenever the bike goes in potholes.Don't know what it is,will get it rectified in the next service:confused:..
The pass button was not working once but now been doing fine.. don't know why it wasn't working will get it rectified in the next service......

Njoying everbit of it.. and roaring to go more miles on it...

tusharxtreme

The headlights(low beam)at night time(looking like an eye).
IMG00094-20120618-2020.jpg
The pic show 6868 on the odo just a fews days back....
IMG00169-20120720-0858.jpg

tusharxtreme

A Year with my bike.... 7500 kms done..

This is just an update that i have completed 7500kms as on 27th july the birthday of my bike and as on today riden it for 7640kms...
Today gifted her with the new blood that is new engine oil-CASTROL POWER 1-10W30.
the gearshifting has become butter smooth....
Changed the engine oil after 1500 kms.... right now using just the mineral oil... with shift to semi synth after around 10000kms....

The mileage is around 45kmpl... on both mixed riding.... 50-50 highway city...

Last edited:

tusharxtreme

An update for 5th service of my bike... completed 9000kms as on today.. Got the fifth service done..
Things done
1-Oiling of chain
2-Tightening of rear brakes
3-Clean of Oil screen filter
4-Cleaning of spark plug and air filter.
5-Engine oil NOT changed(coz got it changed to power1 a few hundred kms back)
Now the vibrations are a lot less.
Mileage-45+kmpl....