Review of 2011 CBZ xtreme-silver color

tusharxtreme

Completed 10000 km mark... Really happy with the way the bike has performed till now...
The engine noise has reduced,and smoothness has increased....
Mileage-47+ city+highway....

tusharxtreme

6th service update
Kms reading-11366
Things done/changed
1-lubricating chain
2-changing air filter
3-changing spark plug
4-changing of accelerator wire

cost incurred 315

didnt opt for the engine oil change coz got it changed from outside few hundreds kms back....

the engine sound has reduced a lot...
Will check the mileage now and will update...
Right now getting the mileage as 42+ kmpl in city and 47+ on the highway.....

Adventure50

Super User
I have a CBZ Extreme Bike, done 23,000kms. Changed Clutch plates, Piston & Rings, spent Rs.5000, then went on a trip to Spiti apx. 1500kms.
It did not performed well as expected on Rohtang & Kunjum Pass, missed Chitkul due to its poor performance.
After my trip I serviced it twice but still it is not riding as I want, average is 30kms. @ 80+ can anyone suggest what to do with this White Elephant.

tusharxtreme

I have a CBZ Extreme Bike, done 23,000kms. Changed Clutch plates, Piston & Rings, spent Rs.5000, then went on a trip to Spiti apx. 1500kms.
It did not performed well as expected on Rohtang & Kunjum Pass, missed Chitkul due to its poor performance.
After my trip I serviced it twice but still it is not riding as I want, average is 30kms. @ 80+ can anyone suggest what to do with this White Elephant.
At 80+ speeds i guess no bike will give average above 35 kmpl...
And since you changed the Piston & Rings you should have ridden it below speeds of 60 kmph.... for at least 500 kms or so...
maybe that is he reason for poor performance of your bike....
And i do not have that much of experience regarding the technical terms related to bike thus this is the only reason i can think of right now...

Adventure50

Super User
Dear Tushar,
Thanks for your suggestion, till today, when I am riding @ speed of 45 to 60 maximum due to city traffic condition,
I am getting average of 35kmph.
Can you give some good suggestion to get more mileage ?

tusharxtreme

Dear Tushar,
Thanks for your suggestion, till today, when I am riding @ speed of 45 to 60 maximum due to city traffic condition,
I am getting average of 35kmph.
Can you give some good suggestion to get more mileage ?
Which grade engine oil are you using,if its a 20w40 grade,try changing it with 10w30 and then check the mileage again....
Because i have changed the engine oil twice to 20w40 grade oil and then my bike's mileage also dropeed to lower 30's with loss of pickup... but then i changed to 10w30 oil and then the pickup increased and also the fuel efficiency rose to above 40+kmpl.... maybe your mechanic did the same thing about pouring the 20w40 grade oil instead of 10w30.. Do update me about the same once you change the engine oil....

tusharxtreme

Today got my bike's 7th service done at 12783 kms....
Things done-
1-Change of engine oil-215 rs
2-cleaning of chain

Labour-191

Total cost incurred-406 rs

Mileage i m getting is around 50+ kmpl after tuning of the carburator....

jeetcp

Mediocre me
80+ should not be a big deal for any 150 CC.
My 2003 TVS victor used to give great mileage at 80+ speed. My Pulsar200 give mileage more then 40KMPL @ speeds above 90.

Sell it, but a new one perhaps.

At 80+ speeds i guess no bike will give average above 35 kmpl...
And since you changed the Piston & Rings you should have ridden it below speeds of 60 kmph.... for at least 500 kms or so...
maybe that is he reason for poor performance of your bike....
And i do not have that much of experience regarding the technical terms related to bike thus this is the only reason i can think of right now...

tusharxtreme

80+ should not be a big deal for any 150 CC.
My 2003 TVS victor used to give great mileage at 80+ speed. My Pulsar200 give mileage more then 40KMPL @ speeds above 90.

Sell it, but a new one perhaps.
Perhaps my knowledge is quite limited in terms of mileage at speeds of 80+,thanks for updating me about this.But now after tuning the carburator the mileage of my bike has increased to around 50 kmpl in mixed conditions... at speeds of upto 80 kmph...