Ride to Karnal: The Compero

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

When I look back on the rides I had done earlier, it amazes me how further I have come from those small rides.

Ride to Karnal was one of them; it was kind of special as well since this was the first ride that I had organized. It was also special in another manner due to the motorcycles involved, on one hand was my bike Pulsar 180 classic and then there was Salil?s Pulsar 180 DTSI v1 (second generation pulsar) and to make things interesting Manish was riding his CBZ while Aditya was riding CBZ star (second generation CBZ).

[​IMG]

After a bit of cruising we finally hit the NH-1 and were out of Delhi border, less then an hour into the ride it was time for the first break.

[​IMG]

After we had this small break we started riding again, only to stop at a Dhaba less then 50kms away for breakfast.

[​IMG]

After stuffing our selves with hot delicious paranthas it was time to move, we once again started cruising towards Karnal. However 10kms before Karnal we saw a small opening in the fields and decided to investigate it.

With the clouds filled sky a train passing at some distance it looked so dramatic; we tried in vain to capture this beauty from my 1mp frontech digital cam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After staying there for almost an hour and just when we were about to leave Manish started doing burnouts in the field. This led to all of us doing burnouts, bad decision on our part. While doing burnouts Aditay?s clutch plates gave way, combination of high speed cruising aka ripping and subsequent burnouts had taken a toll on the thousand or so kms old CBZ.

Salil tried to adjust the clutch play which was all but gone and then we decided to push his bike till the next service center. Once there the mechanic adjusted the tappets and said now the motorcycle was fine! Since Adityas bike had cooled down by then we started to move on, few kms down the road we were faced by the same problem. We decided to give his motorcycle some time to cool off and then limped back to Delhi.

We all learned valuable lesson that day, one should not do any stunts while on a ride, at the same time despite all this we came back feeling proud that we had done a round trip of 230kms!

2. SachinOnTop

SachinOnTop Full Use Else Lose

stuffing paranthaas????

how can u stuff so many paranthaas in that li'l thing called stomach?!

while on road, better thing imho is simple roti that too w/o any ghee etc!
    best bet is the tandoori roti w/o ghee! and to accompany that go for dal-fry... and not that dal-makhni! :lol:

and thank god, good senses prevailed that u came back after experiencing the *pros* of stunting during travel!! :lol:

3. Yogesh Sarkar

Sachin that?s why I look the way I do, delicious food with lots of oil/ghee/butter :D.

As for the stunting part, this is one of the reasons when I look back and see when I started touring I behaved in ways which are not keeping with the spirit of touring, but then again it is through our mistakes we learn and improve.

4. manishkalyan

manishkalyan New Member

nice pics ....tht ride was just awesome no....politics no hustling just real biking.............tht was a golden era for me

now sme old life system study well to get a good job :(

5. Yogesh Sarkar

Well there was a bit of politics involved in planning this trip, after all it was done in a way to show some people that it is not the make of the motorcycle that matters, it is the heart of the rider that matters.

ps. Enfield guys, it wasn?t for you guys. There were certain people with a certain motorcycle that the above things were meant for.

6. hitanshu

hitanshu Master of the OT Universe

oye kaake!

good to see you back ! you coming this weekend? milde aan!

@Yogi: Dude, some bulleteers might not be good. Most are too good :)

7. Yogesh Sarkar

Hitanshu I didn?t mean bulleteers, check out the ps. line in my reply. It was meant for people who owned a certain other motorcycle, in certain other group that you are familiar with!

8. hitanshu

hitanshu Master of the OT Universe

my bad. Touche! :)

9. Yogesh Sarkar

no problemo :)

10. darkside_of_d_sun

darkside_of_d_sun Moderator Staff Member

Lemme guess..the CurriZMA guys :lol: