sajalsheth

Still Learning ©

Day 6

Kishtwar - Sinthan Top/Pass- Kishtwar

Total 168 Kms

Ride time 6 AM to 4 PM.

I got up early and was exited to ride to Sinthan Top/Pass. But I was not aware that a mishap is going to happen today during ride.

I wanted to reach Sinthan Top as early as possible. I was ready to ride at 6 AM. I had taken one backpack only to carry two water bottles, two apples and few snacks. I was told by my hotel owner to carry bike papers and id card with me. These will be checked by Army post on way.

I passed by Bindrabal Temple after riding on descend.

Then I crossed Bridge on Chenab River.
Riding ahead I came across an army check post, where my details were noted and my id card was checked.
Now I was riding besides Chatroo Nullah water stream. I crossed one bridge at 6.40 AM.

It was early morning and there was no traffic on road. But I had to stop at this traffic jam.

I crossed this small village near Chatroo water stream at 7.10 AM.

I again stopped after crossing another village at 7.30 am.

Till now road was good one, but now bad road started. There was good sunlight and weather was good.

There were no one on road and there were lots pine trees besides road.

I got one pine fruit on road also.

Then I came across second Army check post. Here also my id card was checked and my details were registered. I was asked to show bike registration papers also. There was an Army camp nearby also.
Riding ahead in that bad road, in some patches new road construction was also going on.

This was view of far mountains at 8.30 AM, and that was Sinthan Top / Pass. It was looking near. But road was very bad.

Then I came across third Army check post at Sinthan Plains at 8.50AM. This was a big Army camp with surveillance Cameras recording my entry. Here also my id card was checked and details were registered. Bike papers were also checked.
And good thing was that the road was also good. This area was very clean and green. This was Chingam Check post.

I asked army person to click pictures of me avoiding army area.

Just 100 meters after Army check post there are few eateries and a very small village. I had breakfast here at 9 AM. Only roti sabji was available for breakfast.

And few packed snacks were available. I bought biscuit packets to eat on Sinthan Top.

There was a bakery there, from where all eateries were getting rotis. They were also making sweet bread.

At 9.15 am, I was ready to ride ahead. This was my view ahead.

View behind

I came across one small water crossing also.

Water was coming from this area.

Road was very nice and so was the scenery.

Looking back I could see entire Sinthan plains area, which was very scenic.

I took a small video also.

VIDEO

But again back road started. But it was compensated with scenic views of mountains and pine trees.

And this was Sinthan Top/ Pass. It was looking more nearer now.

At 9.45 AM, I came across a very small village. Many children were playing nearby. I met then and gave them biscuits. They were happy to get this small gift.

There were young boys among them also. They wanted to ride my bike !!

I allowed then to sit on my parked bike, one by one. They were happy for that also.

This was view of mountain and road from there

These children were playing near this mud house.

View below that mud house.

This was that small village, where these children were staying.

I rode further ahead on ascend.
This was view behind me.

The road was also very bad.

I took a small video here to show how dangerous that road side area was.

VIDEO

This was view behind me.

This was my bike on those roads.

I had to climb at 12300 feet to reach Sinthan Top/ Pass. But my bike did not give any trouble.
At 10.20 AM good road started again with scenic views.

View on my left

That was bad road, I left behind.

That road was bad, but scenic.

Riding further ahead, I could see snow capped mountains.

I came via that road.

At 10.25AM, I stopped again to capture beautiful green mountains.

At 10.45 AM, I reached
Sinthan Top Pass at 12,300 feet.

There is no sign board mentioning Sinthan Top / Pass there. This road goes to Anantnag ahead. There was nobody at place that time.

Kishtwar was 83 kms behind from Sinthan Top.

This was again a proud moment for me.

Then two three vehicles came from Anantnag side. They had come here to talk over mobile, as they don’t get mobile signal at Anantnag and other areas of Kashmir. So they come to sinthan top to get mobile signal of Jammu and Kishtwar side towers.
They started complaining about Aricle 370 and other policies of Modi Government to me. I did not pay much attention to those talks and requested one young person among them to click pictures of me.

I also took a 360 degree video at Sinthan Top / Pass.

VIDEO

I decided to ride further toward my left side mountains to get Anantnag side descend view. This is how it looked from there.

Clouds with clear weather day was helpful to me today.

I found lots of small yellow flowers there on mountain. I tried to click it with different background.

Some view of snow capped mountains from there.

Sinthan Top / Pass is at 12300 feet, but this mountain top might be at 12500 feet.

Five young boys came and overtook me on ascend and parked their Scorpio vehicle on mountain edge.

I also rode there and reached at par with them. They asked about my journey and we clicked pictures together.

This was view towards Anantnag side descend roads from that place.

I rewarded myself an apple for achieving Sinthan Top. This apple was gifted to me at Bhaderwah.

I spend around 45 minutes at Sinthan Pass Top and at 11.30 AM, I started my ride back to Kishtwar.
Descend was even more beautiful and scenic.

Due to sun on top, I could get better lights for my pictures.

This was my best pictures at Sinthan Pass. You can see vehicles from Srinagar and Anantnag side parked there and people talking over mobile after getting signal.

Now riding back will be fast and easy for me.

While descending, I could now mark snow on mountains.

At 12.05 PM, I saw one big piece of melting snow on my right side.

I was happy to pose with snow as this was my first view of snow on this ride.

Somehow I missed this while riding on ascend. Perhaps it was camouflaged due to dust on it.

I touched it and felt it.

Also took a selfie with that melting snow piece for memory.

I stopped again at 12.30 pm to capture this scenic road.

I was nearing Chingam check post at Sinthan plains.

At 12.40 PM, I was at village at Chingam Check post. I stopped at same eatery for lunch. This is owner of that bakery.

I could not resist myself from eating sweet bread at that bakery.

As there was no other better option available for lunch there, So I ate sabjee and roti with sweet bread. They had rajma chawal also, but I preferred roti sabjee.

I crossed first Army check post after showing id card and bike papers again. They captured me on surveillance camera also. I rode back again in bad roads and crossed second Army check post and did all procedure of id card and bike papers and registering myself.

At 3.15 PM, I was at confluence of Chatroo Nullah Water Stream and Chenab River.
Some young boys were enjoying bath there in that cold water.

I crossed third Army Check post after showing id card and registering myself.

And then came the most unexpected mishap of my ride. The road near Bandarkoot is very much on slope or on descend, as the road goes down. We need to cross bridge on Chenab River. There a new bridge is under construction. So there were lots of sand on road on descend.

Suddenly a honey bee entered into my helmet visor from below. It was so sudden and moved my left hand to open helmet visor. Suddenly I saw lots of sand spread on descend road and only right had of mine on bike handle. Left hand was removing that bee from visor. And due to reflex action I pressed front break to slow down. And the bike skidded and I felt down. It was so sudden that I could not understand how I fell down.

But I had riding jacket, gloves, knee guard, helmet etc for my safety. So these all riding accessories saved me from impact from fall. But my right hand wrist got scratched on sand. And I was feeling shocked due to fall.

But my bike was damaged. Right foot rest was broken. Mirror and leg guard was bent and lots of scratched on bike.
I talked to people working on new bridge and requested them to remove sand on road so that some other person will not skid there.
Kishtwar was 11 kms ahead from there.
Somehow I rode till my hotel at Kishtwar and met my hotel owner and asked him about mechanic to get my bike repaired.
Today was Sunday. Bajaj showroom and service center was closed today. He suggested me to go to Kuleed area and find bike mechanic there.
And then I met Mr. Jasmit ji of Ashoka Enterprise. He has a bike repair shop also. As it was Sunday, he was about to close his shop.

I requested his to repair my bike then close shop. He asked his expert mechanic Dilip Bhai to check my bike.

Dilip bhai took only 10 minutes to repair my bike.

The scratches on bikes could not be removed / repaired.

Bike break foot rest was broken, and as it was Sunday no bike accessories shops were open. But this expert bike mechanic Dilip bhai intelligently replaced pillion foot rest with rider’s foot rest.

While my bike was being repaired I talked to Jasmit bhai about my solo ride. He was very impressed on me. To my surprise, Mechanic Dilip bhai and owner Jasmit bhai charged nothing to me! Such a nice and helpful people are of Jammu and Kashmir.

Not only that, Jasmit bhai gave me ointment to me for my injury on right wrist. Such are the gem like people of Kishtwar. God Bless such good and helpful people of Jammu and Kashmir.

So God takes your exam & gives you trouble and also sends angels to your help.
So this unexpected mishap happened but my ride was on track.

Next day I was to ride to Killar via The CliffHanger Road. There will be next petrol pump at Tandi of Himachal on Manali Leh Highway. I had to ride to Sach Pass also before that. There will be no petrol pump in between.
I had all these calculated before my ride.
Then I bought two empty water bottles from my hotel and went to petrol pump to top up my tank and to take two more bottles of extra petrol with me.
I went to IOC petrol pump first, they said petrol is over. Then I went to HPCL petrol pump and got petrol.

In evening I had potato chips at Hotel Snow Valley where I stayed.

This was my dinner.

While having dinner, I talked with owner of my hotel about road ahead towards Killar. He told me that there is NO Petrol left in entire Kishtwar. All petrol pumps are empty. I was lucky to top up petrol and also to get extra petrol.

This was my one side map for the day.

Coming up …NEXT…The CliffHanger Road, and another surprise of broken bridge at Urai Ungtar Nallah.

Click
HERE for next update.

Last edited:

Day 6

Kishtwar - Sinthan Top/Pass- Kishtwar

Total 168 Kms

Ride time 6 AM to 4 PM.

I got up early and was exited to ride to Sinthan Top/Pass. But I was not aware that a mishap is going to happen today during ride.

I wanted to reach Sinthan Top as early as possible. I was ready to ride at 6 AM. I had taken one backpack only to carry two water bottles, two apples and few snacks. I was told by my hotel owner to carry bike papers and id card with me. These will be checked by Army post on way.

I passed by Bindrabal Temple after riding on descend.

Then I crossed Bridge on Chenab River.
Riding ahead I came across an army check post, where my details were noted and my id card was checked.
Now I was riding besides Chatroo Nullah water stream. I crossed one bridge at 6.40 AM.

It was early morning and there was no traffic on road. But I had to stop at this traffic jam.

I crossed this small village near Chatroo water stream at 7.10 AM.

I again stopped after crossing another village at 7.30 am.

Till now road was good one, but now bad road started. There was good sunlight and weather was good.

There were no one on road and there were lots pine trees besides road.

I got one pine fruit on road also.

Then I came across second Army check post. Here also my id card was checked and my details were registered. I was asked to show bike registration papers also. There was an Army camp nearby also.
Riding ahead in that bad road, in some patches new road construction was also going on.

This was view of far mountains at 8.30 AM, and that was Sinthan Top / Pass. It was looking near. But road was very bad.

Then I came across third Army check post at Sinthan Plains at 8.50AM. This was a big Army camp with surveillance Cameras recording my entry. Here also my id card was checked and details were registered. Bike papers were also checked.
And good thing was that the road was also good. This area was very clean and green. This was Chingam Check post.

I asked army person to click pictures of me avoiding army area.

Just 100 meters after Army check post there are few eateries and a very small village. I had breakfast here at 9 AM. Only roti sabji was available for breakfast.

And few packed snacks were available. I bought biscuit packets to eat on Sinthan Top.

There was a bakery there, from where all eateries were getting rotis. They were also making sweet bread.

At 9.15 am, I was ready to ride ahead. This was my view ahead.

View behind

I came across one small water crossing also.

Water was coming from this area.

Road was very nice and so was the scenery.

Looking back I could see entire Sinthan plains area, which was very scenic.

I took a small video also.

VIDEO

But again back road started. But it was compensated with scenic views of mountains and pine trees.

And this was Sinthan Top/ Pass. It was looking more nearer now.

At 9.45 AM, I came across a very small village. Many children were playing nearby. I met then and gave them biscuits. They were happy to get this small gift.

There were young boys among them also. They wanted to ride my bike !!

I allowed then to sit on my parked bike, one by one. They were happy for that also.

This was view of mountain and road from there

These children were playing near this mud house.

View below that mud house.

This was that small village, where these children were staying.

I rode further ahead on ascend.
This was view behind me.

The road was also very bad.

I took a small video here to show how dangerous that road side area was.

VIDEO

This was view behind me.

This was my bike on those roads.

I had to climb at 12300 feet to reach Sinthan Top/ Pass. But my bike did not give any trouble.
At 10.20 AM good road started again with scenic views.

View on my left

That was bad road, I left behind.

That road was bad, but scenic.

Riding further ahead, I could see snow capped mountains.

I came via that road.

At 10.25AM, I stopped again to capture beautiful green mountains.

At 10.45 AM, I reached
Sinthan Top Pass at 12,300 feet.

There is no sign board mentioning Sinthan Top / Pass there. This road goes to Anantnag ahead. There was nobody at place that time.

Kishtwar was 83 kms behind from Sinthan Top.

This was again a proud moment for me.

Then two three vehicles came from Anantnag side. They had come here to talk over mobile, as they don’t get mobile signal at Anantnag and other areas of Kashmir. So they come to sinthan top to get mobile signal of Jammu and Kishtwar side towers.
They started complaining about Aricle 370 and other policies of Modi Government to me. I did not pay much attention to those talks and requested one young person among them to click pictures of me.

I also took a 360 degree video at Sinthan Top / Pass.

VIDEO

I decided to ride further toward my left side mountains to get Anantnag side descend view. This is how it looked from there.

Clouds with clear weather day was helpful to me today.

I found lots of small yellow flowers there on mountain. I tried to click it with different background.

Some view of snow capped mountains from there.

Sinthan Top / Pass is at 12300 feet, but this mountain top might be at 12500 feet.

Five young boys came and overtook me on ascend and parked their Scorpio vehicle on mountain edge.

I also rode there and reached at par with them. They asked about my journey and we clicked pictures together.

This was view towards Anantnag side descend roads from that place.

I rewarded myself an apple for achieving Sinthan Top. This apple was gifted to me at Bhaderwah.

I spend around 45 minutes at Sinthan Pass Top and at 11.30 AM, I started my ride back to Kishtwar.
Descend was even more beautiful and scenic.

Due to sun on top, I could get better lights for my pictures.

This was my best pictures at Sinthan Pass. You can see vehicles from Srinagar and Anantnag side parked there and people talking over mobile after getting signal.

Now riding back will be fast and easy for me.

While descending, I could now mark snow on mountains.

At 12.05 PM, I saw one big piece of melting snow on my right side.

I was happy to pose with snow as this was my first view of snow on this ride.

Somehow I missed this while riding on ascend. Perhaps it was camouflaged due to dust on it.

I touched it and felt it.

Also took a selfie with that melting snow piece for memory.

I stopped again at 12.30 pm to capture this scenic road.

I was nearing Chingam check post at Sinthan plains.

At 12.40 PM, I was at village at Chingam Check post. I stopped at same eatery for lunch. This is owner of that bakery.

I could not resist myself from eating sweet bread at that bakery.

As there was no other better option available for lunch there, So I ate sabjee and roti with sweet bread. They had rajma chawal also, but I preferred roti sabjee.

I crossed first Army check post after showing id card and bike papers again. They captured me on surveillance camera also. I rode back again in bad roads and crossed second Army check post and did all procedure of id card and bike papers and registering myself.

At 3.15 PM, I was at confluence of Chatroo Nullah Water Stream and Chenab River.
Some young boys were enjoying bath there in that cold water.

I crossed third Army Check post after showing id card and registering myself.

And then came the most unexpected mishap of my ride. The road near Bandarkoot is very much on slope or on descend, as the road goes down. We need to cross bridge on Chenab River. There a new bridge is under construction. So there were lots of sand on road on descend.

Suddenly a honey bee entered into my helmet visor from below. It was so sudden and moved my left hand to open helmet visor. Suddenly I saw lots of sand spread on descend road and only right had of mine on bike handle. Left hand was removing that bee from visor. And due to reflex action I pressed front break to slow down. And the bike skidded and I felt down. It was so sudden that I could not understand how I fell down.

But I had riding jacket, gloves, knee guard, helmet etc for my safety. So these all riding accessories saved me from impact from fall. But my right hand wrist got scratched on sand. And I was feeling shocked due to fall.

But my bike was damaged. Right foot rest was broken. Mirror and leg guard was bent and lots of scratched on bike.
I talked to people working on new bridge and requested them to remove sand on road so that some other person will not skid there.
Kishtwar was 11 kms ahead from there.
Somehow I rode till my hotel at Kishtwar and met my hotel owner and asked him about mechanic to get my bike repaired.
Today was Sunday. Bajaj showroom and service center was closed today. He suggested me to go to Kuleed area and find bike mechanic there.
And then I met Mr. Jasmit ji of Ashoka Enterprise. He has a bike repair shop also. As it was Sunday, he was about to close his shop.

I requested his to repair my bike then close shop. He asked his expert mechanic Dilip Bhai to check my bike.

Dilip bhai took only 10 minutes to repair my bike.

The scratches on bikes could not be removed / repaired.

Bike break foot rest was broken, and as it was Sunday no bike accessories shops were open. But this expert bike mechanic Dilip bhai intelligently replaced pillion foot rest with rider’s foot rest.

While my bike was being repaired I talked to Jasmit bhai about my solo ride. He was very impressed on me. To my surprise, Mechanic Dilip bhai and owner Jasmit bhai charged nothing to me! Such a nice and helpful people are of Jammu and Kashmir.

Not only that, Jasmit bhai gave me ointment to me for my injury on right wrist. Such are the gem like people of Kishtwar. God Bless such good and helpful people of Jammu and Kashmir.

So God takes your exam & gives you trouble and also sends angels to your help.
So this unexpected mishap happened but my ride was on track.

Next day I was to ride to Killar via The CliffHanger Road. There will be next petrol pump at Tandi of Himachal on Manali Leh Highway. I had to ride to Sach Pass also before that. There will be no petrol pump in between.
I had all these calculated before my ride.
Then I bought two empty water bottles from my hotel and went to petrol pump to top up my tank and to take two more bottles of extra petrol with me.
I went to IOC petrol pump first, they said petrol is over. Then I went to HPCL petrol pump and got petrol.

In evening I had potato chips at Hotel Snow Valley where I stayed.

This was my dinner.

While having dinner, I talked with owner of my hotel about road ahead towards Killar. He told me that there is NO Petrol left in entire Kishtwar. All petrol pumps are empty. I was lucky to top up petrol and also to get extra petrol.

This was my one side map for the day.

Coming up …NEXT…The CliffHanger Road, and another surprise of broken bridge at Urai Ungtar Nallah.

Click HERE for next update.
Nice Peoples. Beautiful Places. Wonderful Trip .

skysat2005

Super User
Very nicely presented update. Good that you escaped with minor scratch on hand to continue the great journey ahead.
Looking forward to the cliffhanger and the mighty Sach pass.
Cheers...

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Very nicely presented update. Good that you escaped with minor scratch on hand to continue the great journey ahead.
Looking forward to the cliffhanger and the mighty Sach pass.
Cheers...
Thank you @skysat2005 ji
God is Great.... & He wanted me to continue my journey.
details of cliffhanger road in next update soon

Cheers :D:)