sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Day 7 –
PART THREE
Kishtwar - CliffHanger- Killar

…. PART-3 .. Pangi Valley

Now I was riding on bad forest roads of Sansari forest, which had lots of sand, dust and stones on road.

Some mountain view on other side.

At 3.50 pm, I reached Forest check post at Sansari.

It was mentioned to halt here for checking. But there was no one there.

This is Sansari Bridge. It is border of J&K.

I crossed the bridge at 4pm.

I saw this on rock there… “Welcome to Pangi Valley.”

Welcome to Himachal Pradesh, Land of Gods.

Bye Bye J&K. It was memorable to ride in Jammu & Kashmir. Not that fearful as I thought to be after Article 370 effect.

This is Sansari Nallah.

Sansari Nallah meeting with Chenab River.

Moving ahead there was a check post and my details were registered there. My id card was also checked.
Now the road was full of dust and sand.

At around 4.45pm, I had to stop for half hour as there was dynamite blast on road to widen the road. It took time to clear the road.

Video-13

Moving further ahead.

Another water steam after Dharwas.

Now the road was besides cliff and a HPTC bus was moving there. I must mention that bus driver and HPTC are The Best on road. They are fearless and daredevil.

More rock cut roads.

Big mountain on other side of Chenab River.

Rock cut road ahead.

View behind me.

One more HPTC bus coming, but I was fearing about the dust it will spread.

Some snow on mountain top.

At 5.45 pm, this was my first view of Killar village, which is another 4 kms far. The road on right goes to Sach Pass.

View of moon above Killar Village.

The dust and sand on road was not getting over. It was very bad road from Sansari till Killar.

I checked in at Hotel Raj of Killar. They charged Rs.800, which was on higher side. But I was too tired to search for other hotels. There are many other hotels and home stays at Killar, which are not on google maps.

Food is very good at Hotel Raj. The hotel was full due to lots of foreigners and two biker groups staying here. There is NO Parking at hotel, you have to park on road.
This was my dinner for the day.

This was map for the day.

coming up…. Next …. THE SACH PASS

Click HERE for next Update.

Last edited:

mousourik

Who Am I
@sajalsheth Those buses were coming from Killar. Where were they going in the evening? Hudan Bhatori?

Regarding your observation on HPTC bus drivers - true that they are very good. But at the same time, they don't care about vehicles coming from the opposite direction. That's what we saw in Kugti.

adsatinder

explorer
116 km only !
You took whole day and was tired !
Wow !
We can cover this distance in just 2 hours easily like Delhi to Panipat !
LOL !
We like to enjoy such road and want this type of road should not end and keep moving on it......

1579204825488.png

The Journey Never Ends.....

adsatinder

explorer
This Road is much demanding and needs much more effort to keep it open.
Check last year's news:

गुलाबगढ़ सड़क खुली, संसारी नाला अब भी बंद

Publish Date:Wed, 06 Mar 2019 11:45 AM (IST)
संवाद सहयोगी किश्तवाड़ पिछले कुछ दिनों से मौसम में चल रहे उतार-चढ़ाव के चलते बारिश ब बर्फ
संवाद सहयोगी, किश्तवाड़ : पिछले कुछ दिनों से मौसम में चल रहे उतार-चढ़ाव के चलते बारिश ब बर्फबारी से किश्तवाड़-गुलाबगढ़ सड़क पर कहीं ग्लेशियर तो कहीं मलबा गिरना आम बात हो गई है। पिछले तीन-चार दिन से सड़क बंद पड़ी थी। मंगलवार को सड़क से मलबा और बर्फ हटाकर सड़क साफ करके वाहनों की आवाजाही शुरू की गई लेकिन लेकिन बीच-बीच में मलबा भी गिरता रहा। गुलाबगढ़ संसारी नाला की सड़क पूरी तरह नहीं खुल पाई जिसके चलते कैलाड की तरफ जाने वाले वाहन रास्ता खुलने का इंतजार कर रहे हैं। थंब नाला में अमूमन ग्लेशियर चलता रहता है जिसे हटाने के लिए ग्रिफ कर्मचारी ग्लेशियर के दोनों तरफ बुलडोजर लेकर बर्फ हटाते रहते हैं। जैसे ही बर्फ हट जाती है तो वाहनों की आवाजाही खोली जाती है, लेकिन फिर दोबारा बर्फ गिरने से सड़क बंद हो जाती है। यह सिलसिला कई दिन से चल रहा है।

मंगलवार को मौसम साफ रहा जिससे जो सड़कें बंद थीं उन्हें भी खोल दिया गया। ग्रिफ अधिकारियों का कहना था कि किश्तवाड़ से गुलाबगढ़ की सड़क पर कभी भी मलबा गिर सकता है लेकिन गलहार से लेकर गुलाबगढ़ तक हमारी काफी मशीनें हैं जो सड़क के किनारे मलबे वाली जगह पर खड़ी रहती है जैसे ही मलबा गिरता है उसे साफ करके वाहनों की आवाजाही बहाल कर दी जाती है।

Posted By: Jagran

गुलाबगढ़ सड़क खुली, संसारी नाला अब भी बंद

adsatinder

explorer
Check how tough life is of Lahaul People :

Over 100 tribal villages cut-off after Bailey bridge collapses in Pangi
By
Himtimes
-
Nov 14, 2016
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://himtimes.com/100-tribal-villages-cut-off-bailey-bridge-collapses-pangi/

pangi-bridge-collapse

SHIMLA: The Pangi tribal valley in Chamba and around a 100 tribal villages were cut-off after the Bailey bridge over Lote Nallah on the Tandi-Sansari road collapsed today.
A truck loaded with heavy machinery was passing over the 30-meter bridge when it crumbled and collapsed, Border Roads Organisation (BRO) officials said, adding it would take few days to reconstruct the bridge.
The bridge was a vital link to habitations along the 150 km-road. It connected the Pangi valley and further areas in Kishtwar area of Jammu and Kashmir, they said.
The bridge was constructed 20 years ago and maintained by the RCC 74 of the BRO.

Over 100 tribal villages cut-off after Bailey bridge collapses in Pangi - Himtimes

Himachal Pradesh-4 injured after a bridge collapsed on Tandi-Sansari road in Lahaul &Spiti distt, earlier today.Injured undergoing treatment

9:18 AM - 14 Nov 2016

Read more at:
Himachal Pradesh: Over 100 tribal villages cut-off after Bailey bridge collapses in Himachal Pradesh | India News - Times of India

Last edited:

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
@sajalsheth Those buses were coming from Killar. Where were they going in the evening? Hudan Bhatori?

Regarding your observation on HPTC bus drivers - true that they are very good. But at the same time, they don't care about vehicles coming from the opposite direction. That's what we saw in Kugti.
@mousourik ji
No idea about the buses....Might be to Sansari . After zooming bus picture, I could not find name of place.

Your observation is also true in many cases. Infact many truck and bus driver think that they are king of road.