sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
@sajalsheth

Firstly Excellent photos and video as always.

Secondly you mention regarding people pasting their group logo's or name everywhere, I mean everywhere. I am partly agreeing with you in that matter that an Individual should be responsible not stick their group logo's or name on government property or any private property (without the permission from the owner) but for example if an hotel owner/home owner gives its permission to past symbol's on a permissible space I believe you should definitely stick the logo if you have one. Let me tell you why I believe in it, Let's say we have BCMT Group Logo and one of our fellow BCMTian went to some place and pasted on the permissible space. Now later on any one of us goes to the same place and find our logo pasted, inside our mind we will be overjoyed \\:D/ by knowing one of our fellow BCMTian was here.
@@Gujjubhais_Log
Thank you,&
I agree with you with permission and without permission is important.
If hotel owner gives permission then you can.
But Government sing board should be spared

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
SACH PASS…. Contd…. PART 2.

After snow cave, I started riding towards Sach Pass at 10.30am.

A water stream and melting snow.

Now there was lots of snow nearby.

View of mountains and off road.

Height was increasing gradually and views were getting better & better.

After this break, my bike did not start. I tried few times but it did not start. There was not one around. I could not see any vehicles as far as my eyes could see.
Then I remembered my Chang La pass experience of 2014, where my bike stopped and did not start. That time I waited for 2-3 minutes and it stated.
So this might be due to less oxygen in the area. As humans need oxygen to live, similarly bikes also need oxygen to be burn with petrol and start/run.
I waited and had water, clicked some pictures nearby.

View behind me.

That mountain far might be Bahai Jar or Dhar Chhoglu.

That mountain before snow capped mountain is the mountain, in whose base Killar Village is situated.

I was lucky to have such a clear weather today. I could see places 30+ kms far.
Scenic views made me forget that my bike is not starting. I remembered God and tried to start again. This time it started and ride was on.

Then I came across a small valley with a lake and some snow.

And the road ahead….

View of nearby mountains.

I stopped near one small snow wall.

These were remains of snow wall.

Views around.

Water coming out from melting snow at mountains.

This was the last mountain I could see from there. It might be the Top.

View behind me.

Again here my bike did not start.
This time I was little worried as I already stopped here for 2-3 minutes, then also it was not starting.
After 9-10 tries it started. And I moved ahead.

Riding further ahead, I saw road with snow walls on both side.

View of a mountain top on my left.

Moving just ahead I saw a big snow wall of around 15 feet.

I could not resist myself and stopped to click snow wall pictures.

This big snow wall must be more than 15 feet as it looked compared to my bike.

This is the beauty of Sach Pass Roads. You get to see lots of snow there.
It reminded me of Zozila Pass and Baralacha La Pass of Ladakh. Salute to BRO for making such great and tough road and maintaining it. Imagine how difficult will it be to cut 15 feet ice and maintain road for us.

Here I missed my family very much. I wished they could be here to witness this greatness of nature. There was no mobile network there, I could not call them. But I had different way to show them my love.

I wrote their name on wall and clicked pictures, which I can send them after coming in network area.
I took a selfie for memory.

Then again my bike did not start. This time I feared a lot. I could understand the low oxygen level there. But my bike did not give starting trouble at Marsimik La at 18953 feet, then why here? Lower pickup could be understandable but starting trouble is something to fear.

Sach Pass is a test of endurance for both rider and bike.
Anyway after some tries it started and I moved ahead.

At 11.25 am, I reached THE SACH PASS.

Video-9

SACH PASS is Now ACCOMPLISHED.

I went to Devi Maa Temple of Sach Pass Top and prayed there. I also thanked Goddess for bringing me here. I offered one apple and seek Her Blessings.

This was the view from there towards descend side.

I saw lots of bikers reaching from Chamba Side. These riders were of Patna, Bihar.
I requested one of them to click some pictures for me.

The Sach Pass was the 4th Mountain Pass of this ride.

Reaching Sach Pass at 14763 feet on 7 years old bike, that to Solo is something special.

It was another proud moment for me.

Video -8

It was a test of endurance.
Only those who have ridden to Sach Pass, know how challenging and difficult it is.

Every true rider wants to pose here with this wall sign board at least once in lifetime.

It was noon and I felt little hungry. There is a dhaba besides Sach Pass Devi Maa Temple. Lots of people were there to eat.

I went inside and ordered a Maggie. He told me that it will take time to make as all those riders of Bihar were having some food.

I decided to climb the mountain opposite Devi Maa Temple, to get some beautiful views around Sach Pass.

Some flowers on that mountain.

View of descend after Sach Pass.

White and green views towards Chamba side descend.

Views of descend towards Killar Side.

Selfie at 14763 feet

Prayer stone stacked at Sach Pass Top for well being of my family.

Then I came down to Sach Pass Dhaba as my ordered Maggie was ready. It was worth Rs.50 but I enjoyed it at such place.

While I was having Maggie, one of those Bihar riders was interacting with me. To my surprise his name was same as mine. He told me that all the riders are advocates and have come together for this adventure. Then will be staying at Hotel Raj, Killar tonight.
When SAJAL meets SAJAL.

I was happy that now if my bike gives starting trouble again then at lease these riders are there to help on the way towards Killar. They had two cars with them as support.
At 12.20 pm, I started riding back towards Killar. By Devi Maa’s Grace my bike started with 2-3 tries only.
I stopped at the place where I marked name of my family. The marks were melted a little only in these 1 hour 15 minutes gap. So I could now image that how cold temperature was there. Sunlight was full but temperature was very low, hence ice was not melting fast.

Bye Family.

Riding back, I stopped at those dhabas at Bagotu. But I only had some packed snacks and apple, as did not feel like eating. Those Bihari Advocate rider group were eating lunch there. Here my started in 2-3 tries.
Then I moved ahead and stopped at 1.35pm at that big waterfall.

This time there was more water as due to sunlight more snow must have melted.

Video-10

View of a mountain after riding further ahead.

I could see Killar now from far.

Loved this cut rocks.

At 2.10 pm, I saw those riders enjoying at a water stream. This was last water stream on descend.

They were enjoying drinks there and offered me to drink. I politely refused and told them that I don’t drink.
I requested them to click a picture of mine.

I started having my dry fruits there. It was pleasure having my leg inside water stream and eating.

Video-11

After spending some time there we all started riding towards Killar. This time bike started at one try.
Descend was much faster and easy. After crossing Shukrali Bridge of Chandrabhaga River again the ascend started towards Killar.
That was the meeting point of that water stream of sach pass road, with Chandrabhaga River.

I came back via that road.

I reached Hotel at 4 pm. Today was Moharram, but not much activity at Killar.
It was a peaceful town.
As I did not have lunch, I ordered some heavy snacks. This was Paneer Pakodas as evening snacks, which I ate celebrating my SACH PASS Success.

They were very tasty.

I washed my bike and lubricated my chain. Though I had taken chain spray and lubricants for 19 days, it was about to be over by 1-2 days. Road were such that bike was getting dirty and chain was getting damaged quickly.

This was my ride map for the day.

Coming up …Next… Ride to Sissu via Udaipur with numerous water crossings, Triloknath Temple, Tandi, Sissu Waterfall.

Click HERE for next update.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
After this break, my bike did not start. I tried few times but it did not start. There was not one around. I could not see any vehicles as far as my eyes could see.
Then I remembered my Chang La pass experience of 2014, where my bike stopped and did not start. That time I waited for 2-3 minutes and it stated.
So this might be due to less oxygen in the area. As humans need oxygen to live, similarly bikes also need oxygen to be burn with petrol and start/run.
|I waited and had water, clicked some pictures nearby.
Sometimes, bike poses some problem.
You have to give sometime to breathe.
Don't know if @skysat2005 had similar problem or not.
@skysat2005 Please comment on this.

adsatinder

explorer

Video-9

SACH PASS is Now ACCOMPLISHED.

I went to Devi Maa Temple of Sach Pass Top and prayed there. I also thanked Goddess for bringing me here. I offered one apple and seek Her Blessings.

Congrats for reaching Saach Pass on this bike !
This is the most difficult thing to do as we have seen here on BCMT in so many logs !

adsatinder

explorer

Reaching Sach Pass at 14763 feet on 7 years old bike, that to Solo is something special.

I stopped at the place where I marked name of my family. The marks were melted a little only in these 1 hour 15 minutes gap. So I could now image that how cold temperature was there. Sunlight was full but temperature was very low, hence ice was not melting fast.

Bye Family.

This time there was more water as due to sunlight more snow must have melted.
Reaching and covering Saach Pass during clear sky on Sunny Day is also an achievement itself.
This is why your pics have blue sky that we lack here at Delhi !
I have seen many logs.
Pics are not that clear and Sleet (Stone Rain) bothered @skysat2005 also.