sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Another beautiful update @sajalsheth sir, the nullah are the same however the intensity is not measurable in the pics. The nullah just at the entry of Udaipur (where you clicked the yellow earthmover working) is among the most notorious ones.
Cheers...
@skysat2005 ji
I was lucky to cross that earthmover wala Nallah smoothly due to less intensity.
But there might be bridge over this next year.

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
PART 2
Day - 9 (Killar – Sussu)

At 12.35PM, crossed this water steam.

I came via that road.

In rainy season this water crossing must be bigger one and difficult to cross.

I had information that there are long water crossings near to Udaipur.

From there I could see some houses ahead near the road.

At 12.50PM, I reached at this place with lots of pine trees. This area is a picnic spot and called Mini Manali. There was tar road from here. What a relief to see those good roads after Kishtwar.

Last view of bad road I passed through.

My plan was to visit Mrikula Devi Temple at Udaipur and then have lunch.
I reached at Temple at 1PM. Udaipur is a big town. This temple is just before main market.

There were few people waiting for Pujari to come and open the main door. Soon he came and we offered prayed at this Kali Temple. The idol of Maa Kali is a silver one. This Mrikula Devi Temple is a unique one and is of 12th Century. Inside part of temple has beautiful and intricate deodar wood carvings depicting scenes from Hindu Epics. Pandavas had constructed this temple from a block of wood.
Since photography was not allowed inside, I took pictures from outside only.

It is an architectural delight.

It was 1.10PM. My next destination was TrilokNath Temple. I thought that I could reach my next destination and there I can have lunch. There is a road just before Udaipur town, which goes directly to TrilokNath Temple.

There is a bridge over river Chandra Bhaga there.

This road is uphill road and I could get good view of Udaipur town from there.

This was my first view of Triloknath Temple at 1.25Pm.

It was nice view of temple with snow capped mountains in background. I could see Chandra Bhaga River also.

The road was single road, but tar road with lots of greenery around.

It was 1.40Pm and Triloknath Temple was just 1 kms ahead and it is situated on a hill.

Then I reached Triloknath Temple and parked my bike near south entry.
It is regarded as the most sacred site after Kailash and Mansarovar.
The uniqueness of the temple lies in the fact that it is the only temple in the whole world where both Hindus and Buddhists pay homage to the same deity.
Hindus consider Triloknath deity as Lord Shiva, while the Buddhists worship the deity as ‘Avalokiteshvara,’ a form of Buddha.

There are two pillars are inside temple. They are near to wall. If you pass through both, then all your sins will be waved. One is Punya pillar another is paap pillar.

It is sacred to both Tibetan Buddhists and Hindus. Photography is not allowed inside main temple.

This is considered as one of the several abode of lord Shiva. This is revered by Hindu and Buddhist devotees. All devotees visiting the Temple are offered simple, wholesome and tasty Bhandara food.

In the courtyard there is a tiny stone Nandi and a granite lingam, and also Buddhist prayer-wheels constantly being turned by pilgrims, and a six-armed white marble Avalokiteshvara image in the shrine.

About this Temple…

Snow capped mountains and the Temple.

Both Buddhist and Hindu pray at this temple. Both bells and prayer flags are there.

At 2.00pm, I had this simple yet tasty food at temple Bhandara.

I donated at Bhandara as well as in Temple and after spending some time I started to ride towards Tandi.

I took a break at 3.00pm to capture this.

There was very good tarred road from Triloknath onward.

After a long time I could ride in top gear here.

ChandraBhaga or Chenab River view.

This was my first view of Tandi at 3.50PM.

My next destination was Guru Ghantal Monastery. But only after filling up petrol at Tandi’s IOC Petrol Pump.

Guru Ghantal monastery is situated at the Hills of Drillbu Mountain above the Tubchiling Monastery.

Views of far mountain from there.

At first I misunderstood Tubchiling Monastery as Guru Ghantal Monastery. But actually that white house on the top of mountain is Guru Ghantal Monastery. The bigger one with yellow roof is Tubchiling Monastery.
A damaged marble head of Avalokiteśvara is at Guru Ghantal Monastery along with wooden body.

This is the confluence of River Chandra & Bhaga. Here onwards this river is called Chandra Bhaga or Chenab.

River Chandra originates near Chandra Taal and Samudri Tapu Lake. Whereas Bhaga River is from Baralacha La etc.

At 4pm, I topped up petrol at iconic IOC Petrol pump at Tandi.

It was a nostalgic feeling as I was here at same petrol pump with same bike in 2014 during my Ladakh solo ride. Now again filling up here after 6 years.

VIDEO-1

I was running short of gear oil, which I apply to my chain and sprocket everyday. This Pump was selling only 1 ltr size gear oil. I searched for it at Tandi and purchased from a local mechanic.

The uphill road just opposite IOC Petrol pump goes to Monastery. I reached at Tubchiling Monastery at 4.40 PM , thinking it to be Guru Ghantal Monastery.

I discussed with a monk there and found that Guru Ghantal Monastery is a tough trek of 2 hours from here. So I postponed visiting it and started riding towards Sissu.

This is the view of iconic IOC Pump on the way back from Tubchiling Monastery.

This is not a drone shot.

View behind me.

Riding towards Sissu , I clicked this Mountain View at 4.55pm. This is Mulkila Mountain perhaps.

At 5.30 I reach Triveni Guest House at Sissu.

I got a wooden interior room at Rs.800.
This was the Best hotel stay of entire ride of 19 days. I recommend this hotel at Sissu to everyone.

Triveni Guest House has good parking and good tasty food.
They have monthly staying facility at back side of hotel also.

It was 5.45pm, Sunlight was there, so I decided to visit Sissu waterfall.
This was the view from my hotel room.

With zoom

This was view of Sissu Lake.

I took my bike and decided to ride to Sissu waterfall.

View from Manali Leh Highway.

There is an Army area near Sissu Lake. I could see many supply trucks parked there.

There are HDR pictures of Sissu Waterfall.

It was a huge waterfall.

I took my bike as near as possible.

Sun was setting behind mountains.

I could ride till the banks of Chandra River only. But there was a road to reach more near to waterfall.

Video-2

As was 6.30pm then. So I decided not to move ahead further.

This area is a base for supplies for Army & lots of trucks were there. I took oral permission from an Army person and went near Sissu Lake.

View of mountains from Sissu Lake.

After that I came back to Triveni Guest House and had a sweet corn soup. The weather was cold & the hot soup was helpful.
There were lots of books and magazines there and sitting area was nice & warm.

At 8.30 PM, I had dinner. This hotel serves good tasty food.

This was my ride map of the day.

Coming up…next…. Ride to Chandra Taal on a highway of water crossings, Batal Chhacha Chhachi Dhaba, and bike puncture.

Click
HERE for next update.

Last edited:

mousourik

Who Am I
@sajalsheth Forgive me, but i envy you a lot. Wanted to travel on this route in October, but could not. That waterfall at Sissu - it has been so fascinating since i saw it first in the net.

Wonderful journey, beautiful pics - loved it thoroughly.

The colour of the Chenab is disappointing - saw that in the report of @Alpha also. That turquoise blue colour is so amazing, but seems so elusive.

Have you checked the new hotel that has come up opposite Triveni guest house?

And, have you taken any photo of the Sissu road with trees having yellow coloured leaves - chinar perhaps?

And lastly, can a four wheeler go near the Sissu waterfall? (Sorry for bothering you with so many silly questions.)

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
@sajalsheth Forgive me, but i envy you a lot. Wanted to travel on this route in October, but could not. That waterfall at Sissu - it has been so fascinating since i saw it first in the net.

Wonderful journey, beautiful pics - loved it thoroughly.

The colour of the Chenab is disappointing - saw that in the report of @Alpha also. That turquoise blue colour is so amazing, but seems so elusive.

Have you checked the new hotel that has come up opposite Triveni guest house?

And, have you taken any photo of the Sissu road with trees having yellow coloured leaves - chinar perhaps?

And lastly, can a four wheeler go near the Sissu waterfall? (Sorry for bothering you with so many silly questions.)
@mousourik ji

Thank you

Yes, I was also fascinated while I saw it first in 2014 during my Ladakh ride. But that time I was in hurry so could not explore it .
So this time I planned to stay near it.
Do travel in October 2020 and fulfill your dream.

I expected Chenab/ ChandraBhaga River to be more beautiful , but it was not. Water was not blue. But as I went near the starting point of Chandra River the color was better and water was clear.

That new hotel named PLM Dhara Hotel, opposite Triveni was good one, but they asked for Rs.1200 for night stay. Where as better room of Triveni costed less. I also had good view of Sissu waterfall from my room.

Four wheeler can surely go till the place I went. Because lots of truck where there near lake.
But since a road was there after Chandra River, then four wheeler can go there also.

skysat2005

Super User
PLM dhara is old property, I stayed there in 2015 and that time we paid him Rs.700. The rates were Rs.1000/- that time but he gave us discount due to a reference from Udaipur village.

Looking forward to equally deadly Gramphu- Batal section.