adsatinder

explorer
In Rainy Season,
It is Hell to be here !
A BMTian had very bad experience in crossing these water streams in Monsoon Ride to Spiti with Team !

There was an auto also and some bikers were trying to cross that water crossing with each other’s help.
So this was the famous & ferocious CHHOTA DARA Water crossing. I saw one local vehicle coming and crossing it.

That local vehicle gave me confidence of crossing it. I moved ahead and crossed Chhota Dara at one go.

Chhota Dara Video- 1

I was very happy to cross it at one go. Doing that solo was something which gave me more confidence.
And yes, in this process, my bike got cleaned up from bottom. Both the rim of my wheels got fully cleaned with water stream.

How difficult is this water crossing? See this video of a biker crossing it.

Chhota Dara Video -2

Is it a road?

adsatinder

explorer
I have read a travelogue where one person spent entire winter here alone. This is that HPPWD Rest house.

That Travelogue is :

adsatinder

explorer
Hero of the story:
Puran Singh ji

Written by @Top Singh Bodh ji

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/threads/stranded-alone-in-a-fresh-heavy-snow-fall-for-122-winter-days-an-amazing-travelogue.31578/

Stranded Alone In A Fresh Heavy Snow Fall For 122 Winter Days. An Amazing Travelogue

Who want to read whole story can read it in one post,
can Read here :

Last edited:

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
In Rainy Season,
It is Hell to be here !
A BMTian had very bad experience in crossing these water streams in Monsoon Ride to Spiti with Team !

There was an auto also and some bikers were trying to cross that water crossing with each other’s help.
So this was the famous & ferocious CHHOTA DARA Water crossing. I saw one local vehicle coming and crossing it.

That local vehicle gave me confidence of crossing it. I moved ahead and crossed Chhota Dara at one go.

Chhota Dara Video- 1

I was very happy to cross it at one go. Doing that solo was something which gave me more confidence.
And yes, in this process, my bike got cleaned up from bottom. Both the rim of my wheels got fully cleaned with water stream.

How difficult is this water crossing? See this video of a biker crossing it.

Chhota Dara Video -2

Is it a road?

@adsatinder ji..
During rainy seasons....it is very difficult for locals also .
See these pictures..
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.JPG