sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
PART – 2

Day 13 = Kaza to Nako

At 9.45AM, I re started my ride towards Mud village.
This was the view of Sangnam Village on the way.

Here two parts of Pin River meets. One comes from Pin Valley Nation Park side and another from Mud Village side.

I crossed this bridge over Pin River near Mikkim Village. After crossing this you can reach Sangnam Village.

Some views of nearby mountains from Mikkim.

Some peaks had snow also.

After crossing Sangnam village from outside road, I moved towards Mud. At 10.20AM, reached this was bifurcation for Mud Village and Tailing Village.

View of some mountain peaks from that point.

This is view of left road which goes towards Tailing.

View behind me.

This huge mountain above Mikkim and Sangnam Village had some nature carvings in the middle. It looked as if there was some waterfall there.

View of a nearby mountain peak.

This is far view of Tailing Village.

The first village on left is Todnum and second one on far is Tailing. And both are across Pin River.

View of bad road with lots of dust ahead of me.

This is Todnum Village.

This is Pin River with sky blue water.

A mountain peak nearby.

This is view of scenic Green Mountain above Todnum Village.

At 10.35AM, saw this bridge over Pin River. This is another route to reach Tailing Village. It looks as if there is a HPPWD Guest house there.

There is another tributary of Pin River, meeting near Tailing Village.

At 10.40am, this was view of the road ahead and a nearby mountain peak.

Just after riding for 5-7 minutes, I saw this beautiful valley.

There was a house on the right side mountain.

At 10.50AM, I reached Mud Village. There was a small trek which goes to River Pin via a Stupa.

This is Mud Village.

That is the beautiful view of Pin Valley with a small village called Pharka on left and that colorful mountain on the right is Dhar Tharpak.

End part of Dhar Tharpak Mountain is also called Valley of five colors. And Mud Village is at 11500 feet.

Road beyond Mud Village goes to Bhaba Pass. It is a trek route basically.

Bhaba Pass is a famous trek route and after that there is a lake called Kara Lake.
After crossing Bhaba Pass you can reach Fustirang Bhaba Valley.
Mud is also known as the land of Snow Leopard and Ibex. In winters the temperatures often drop below -10c. In this period the Snow Leopards comes near the village in search of food and shelter.

Some road repair and construction was going on beyond Mud Village. I wanted to ride till the point where bike can go towards Bhaba Pass. But locals told me not to go as the road is very bad and it a trekking route basically.

Mud has the one of the clearest sky to stargaze. The Milky Way is completely visible in naked eyes. But to see that you need to stay at Mud Village.
Songs of
Bollywood movie PAAP of 2003 featuring John Abraham and Udita Goswami was picturised here.
This is amazing view of Pin Valley.

There is a trail below Mud and there is a hanging bridge also. But bikes can go to that village via road.

It was 11AM now and looking at road condition beyond Mud, I decided not to ride beyond Mud Village.

View of snow on nearby mountains.

Here I decided not to stay here and move towards Tabo or Nako. As Mud was very small village and I can save one day of the trip also. There were 5-6 home stays also in Mud. I posed with my bike and then re started my ride.

On my way back at 11.30AM, I stopped to click this beautiful mountain Dhar Chhau/ Polole. Sangnam village can also be seen with Pin River.

At 12.25PM, I reached the point of confluence of Pin and Spiti River.

My ride to Pin valley was over.

…..Cont’d in … PART-3

Click HERE for PART -3.

Last edited:

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Great shots.

You didn't try to experience that hanging bridge over the Pin river! Yes, you are a biker, but does that mean that bikers don't walk? :-o;):-D
Thank you @mousourik ji

Yes, I should have trekked up to Handing Bridge over River Pin.

Due to luggage on bike, I did not ride ahead.
Otherwise I could have tried riding towards Bhabha Pass, until the point bike could go.

Tilak Francis

Superb photos again. Sajal Ji, Apart from claw bag, did you carry another bag? Just curious to know your luggage contents. so far I'm sticking to my tank bag which has DSLR and a water bottle and a claw bag for clothes and a very small tool kit which I never used it so far.

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Superb photos again. Sajal Ji, Apart from claw bag, did you carry another bag? Just curious to know your luggage contents. so far I'm sticking to my tank bag which has DSLR and a water bottle and a claw bag for clothes and a very small tool kit which I never used it so far.
Thank You @Tilak Francis ji
I had taken a backpack along with Claw bag. I also took a foldable plastic to carry helmet, riding jacket, leg guard etc while in train.
I will share list of luggage at the end of this travelogue.
This is picture of my luggage.
11.jpg

And tank bag are also useful for DSLR but carries less luggage compared to a backpack.