sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
…Cont’d.

PART -2 of Day 17 = Shiladesh to Theog, morning visit to
Chanshal Pass.

At 12303 feet, this is highest place of Shimla District, Himachal Pradesh.

View of mountains beyond Chanshal Pass.

Chanshal Pass is very beautiful and scenic.

From here you need to trek to reach further height.

I could see two persons near the peak.

Every true biker wants to ride here at least once.

There is no proper official sign board here. Only these two private info boards are there.

There is difficult off road. So better visit this in morning time to get better view. Clouds are always present nearby.

Chanshal Pass offers enthralling view of the valley around.

Chanshal Pass 360 degree video

There was only my bike and a car with those two persons, who were on that highest peak.
Of course peace, silence and clouds were only present.

Now again this thing is disturbing. There were many stickers on the sign board. And one person had scratched board with keys or sharp stone and written “SUPERTRAMO WAS HERE”. Hello Mr. SUPERTRAMO, we are NOT at all interested to know whether you were here or not!

The road beyond Chanshal pass also looks beautiful and challenging.

This green damaged sign board might be the one put by authorities. But it looks as if it is gone.

I spend some time there but as clouds were coming and blocking my views, I decided to ride back.
At 11.25AM, there came a Mahindra Bolero with a local person. I requested him to click a picture of me.

At 11.30AM, I started riding back towards my Hotel at Shiladesh. Some pictures clicked on my way back.

Again I will have ride on those bad road with rocks.

Can you see the depth besides those off road.

Clouds were coming and blocking the views.

At 12.10PM, I took a break here. Larot was 10kms away from here. I also saw a local bus with lots of passengers coming from Chanshal Pass side. That bus was riding very fast on those bad off roads.

At 12.50PM, this was my view of Jay Devta Banashira Temple at Larot.

Then I reached hotel and loaded my luggage on bike. I decided to have my lunch at Rohru’s 3D food Junction. I took 3-4 apples from processing unit of Mr. Balawant Khanan ji.
At 2.05PM, I reached Tikri. River Pabbar was looking so beautiful.

The sound of water of Pabbar River was pleasant.
Video of Pabbar River.

Pabbar River valley seems a good place to stay or do camping on river bank. But locals say that the water level of this river increases suddenly. So, one has to be careful.

I spend 5-10 minutes near river. Then started riding towards Chirgaon.

This was my lunch for the day at
3D Food Junction Restaurant, Rohru. Again I was very happy with taste and quality of food here. And good thing is that they serve food after 3pm also.

After Rohru, there was very good tar road. I crossed Hatkoti, Kharapathar, Kotkhai & Gumma. Just after crossing Chailla Village, there is bypass road of Shimla and Solan, which passes via Yashwant Nagar. I could have gone via that route if I was little early.
But it was 5.50Pm already, so I decided to move towards Theog and stay there.
But suddenly I saw a hotel on my left named OYO Cafe Haat.

It looked decent one.

After looking inside room, I decided to stay here only, instead to going further towards Theog.
After checking in, I met
Mr Suresh Sharma, one of the brothers who own this hotel. He is an interesting man and we talked a lot about my ride and other things of life.
I developed friendship with him after some time. We discussed lots of thing till dinner was over. He stays very near to hotel. He has lots of apple gardens also.

Recently I came to know that, new film actress ARUSHI SHARMA of LOVE AAJ KAL 2020 fame is close relative of Mr Suresh Sharma of Café Haat. She is his elder brother’s daughter.

love-aaj-kal-.jpg

Arushi Sharma was along Kartik Aryan and Sara Ali Kahn in Love Aaj Kal movie. She was also in movie Tamasha.

This is card of Mr Suresh Sharma, owner of Hotel Café Haat. I recommend this hotel if you want to stay in peaceful environment outside Shimla. There are lots of apple gardens near this hotel. You get to see mountains around the hotel. Many birds come and sit in window of your room and during morning it is nice feeling to see those birds. You can get good night view of Theog town also from here. This is 100% vegetarian hotel and serves good food.

This was my dinner for the day.

This was night view of Theog village from my hotel window. Sorry, I am NOT good at night photography.

This was ride map for the day.

Coming up…NEXT…Theog to Ambala via Shimla and Solan.

Click HERE for next update.

Last edited:

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Not fair. Only you saw them; you did not make us see them.

That's great. But why should you be sorry about it?
@mousourik ji... I have clicked one in the morning on next day... will upload here in my next update.

regarding night photography...using DSLR , then also could not get perfect night shot.