sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Day 1 = Cuttack to Delhi on train

One day before boarding on Rajdhani Express from Bhubaneswar, I thought of booking bike at Parcel Office Bhubaneswar Railway Station. So I rode my bike from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar. Then packed my bike outside parcel office with the packing material provided by Mr. Avinash Prusty, Manager of Triumph Motorcycle, Bhubaneswar, And Mr. Manish Ganeriwal of Jagadish Sarees, Naya Sadak, Cuttack. I am thankful both of them helping with packing materials, and thus my bike could reach New Delhi Railway Station safely without any damage.

This is picture of previous day (2.9.2019) after I completed all the formalities at Parcel office. Total cost including all was around Rs.3150 at Bhubaneswar. Out of this I got money receipt for Rs.2719 and rest was tips etc.

Next day I was ready with my luggage and came to Bhubaneswar Railway Station before time on taxi. Porters took my bike to Parcel / Luggage Coach.

They were very careful while loading my bike inside coach.

There were very few luggages inside coach. This is how my bike was parked inside luggage coach.

Rajdhani Express provides all time food to passengers. This was provided to me as soon as train started from Bhubaneswar Railway Station.

Train was almost empty. Out of 72 seats only 10 were occupied.

Soon it started raining and the greenery outside was looking freshly beautiful.

And this was my heavy lunch provided by irctc

I crossed a funny station named GUNDA BIHAR #-o:lol:

And then came dinner.

I had tomato soup and was not in a position to eat more. Same was position of other co passengers. That time train was in some station. I took my & other passenger’s dinner and gave to two beggar girl roaming at station. They looked hungry. I gave those dinner packets to them and they had it as if they were hungry since morning. I felt very happy to see them eat.

I had ice cream and went to sleep.

Day 2 = Delhi to Ambala
Total 227 kms.

Heavy breakfast was served in morning.

Train reached on time at New Delhi Railway Station. I took the delivery of my bike after small formality. Bike was fully intact. I gave removed packaging materials of my bike to a packing shop outside parcel office. I also requested him to keep it with him and I will take it from him after 19 days.

I loaded luggage on my bike.

Now I was ready to ride.

There is a BPCL petrol pump 600 meters far from Parcel Office. I filled up petrol there and the ride started for Ambala. It was around 12.30 PM then.

At around 2 pm I had lunch at
Rasoi Dhaba, Sonipat on NH. I must say that all national highways in north India have lots of big dhabas / restaurants service good food.

Weather was good and at around 5 pm I had juice to refresh myself.

I had booked hotel Sunrise / Sunstar via MMT app for Rs.500 before starting from Cuttack. It was near New Bus Stand of Ambala Cantt. . I reached there at 5.30PM.

I had dinner with my friend PANSHUL MEHTA (of
Seeking Himalayas) at his house in Ambala. In my Ladakh ride, I had stayed with him in 2014. But due to some confusion about his trekking dates, I booked hotel for night stay. But Panshul was unhappy about it. I promised him to stay with him while I return back after completion of the ride.

Rooms at Sunrise Hotel had less ventilation, so I shifted to Hotel Sunstar in next building. It was owned by same person, so no extra money charged. I went to sleep early as I was supposed to ride for 400+ kms tomorrow. I need to start early so that I can spend more time at Jot Pass & Khajjiar.

This was my ride map for the day.

Coming up …Next…Ride to Dalhousie via Chowadi, Jot Pass & Khajjiar

Click
HERE for next update.

Last edited: