sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Day 3
Ambala Cant to Dalhousie

Total 407 kms

I was to ride maximum kilometers today for this ride. The ride was up to Dalhousie. But route from Pathankot will be different. I will be taking Chowari village route to reach Khajjiar via Jot Pass.
I started my ride at 6 AM from Ambala Cant. Just before start I applied chain spray and lubed bike chain with gear oil. That time weather was looking good.
But suddenly before Rajpura weather changed. It was around 6.40 AM, it started raining heavily. I stopped and covered my luggage and wore rain coat and gum boots.

It was a torrential rain. Highway was water logged at some places. I was riding slowly, but the trucks and cars crossing me, were showering rain water of road on me. It rained continuously for around 1:30 hours. Now I was feeling water on my cloths. Some water entered via rain coat’s zip also. It was difficult to cross lower areas on NH due to water on road. LED fog lights were broken due to riding in rains. Chain sprocket started giving weird sound as water level was above chain level at some places.
I was praying to God that shower whatever rains you want to give now only. But don’t give rains in mountains.
Just as I reached Ludhiana, rain stopped. I crossed Ludhiana, where there were lots of diversions on NH. There was too much traffic on NH and on diversions. After crossing Ludhiana, I stopped at
Tourist Vaishno Dhaba. It was before Phillaur. I ordered alu paratha and tried to dry my partly wet clothes. I also lubed my chain again. It was around 9.15 AM then.

I repacked my luggage and rain coat etc back in luggage.
After that the road ahead was completely dry and I sound of chain also stopped. I could ride speedily now. I took a break at around 12 PM.

I wanted to have lunch in Pathankot and also wanted to top up petrol. At around 1 PM, I had my lunch at
Hotel Arun & Restaurant.

I took Himachal Pradesh route which is on right just before Pathankot. This road goes along with Chakki River and its tributaries.

At around 2.45 PM, I was starting riding on small mountain side along with Chakki River tributaries. And now the game begins.

At 3 PM, I reached
CHOWARI Village. This is a beautiful town surrounded by mountains and is completely green.

Now I had to take complete mountain road via Pukhri and Luhani to reach JOT Pass. As I started riding on ascend, I could see beautiful Chowari town from up.

I wished that I can stay in this green village someday. Here are some more pictures of completely green Chowari town.

There were clouds everywhere, after riding ahead on ascends. I was riding with clouds and the area was Pukhri.

The road was single lane but was scenic.

At around 4pm, I was near Luhani area and now I was riding above clouds.

At 4.25pm I reached
JOP Pass at 7900 feet.

This was first mountain pass of current ride.

Felt good here to pose as there were too much clouds around.

I met two locals from Chamba. They suggested me to eat a special sweet of JOP Pass. It was SANDESH.

I parked my bike near that sweet shop and climbed hill top. View from there was very good.

This place on hill was true JOT TOP. You can see shops and hotel in background.

Felt good to reach here.

This hut was there at top.

And a selfie there.

These are two local bikers from Chamba who suggested me to eat Sandesh at Jot Pass.

Clouds were crossing the top and it was looking good everywhere. These are the steps to reach here.

After spending half hour there, I started riding down towards Khajjiar at 5 PM.

After riding for 40 minutes, I reached
Khajjiar Lake.

I parked my bike there.

It is often said that Khajjiar is mini Switzerland.

It was totally lush green area.

Pine trees around and lush green area with a lake in middle makes this place special.

Time to pose to make memories.

It was evening time and there were not much tourists there.

This is famous Khajjiar Lake.

Clouds started to come near lake.

I also took two videos there.

After spending half hour there, I decided to start riding towards Dalhousie. I had booked Hotel Megha View at Dalhousie via Goibibo App earlier. This is last picture before leaving for Dalhousie. Bye Bye Khajjiar.

Hotel Megha View of Dalhousie was 18 kms away from Khajjiar. I took one break on the way.

I reached there before dark. I got this
Hotel Megha View (098169 34020) at Rs.600 from Goibibo. Where as they charge more than Rs.1200.

An old lady runs this peaceful hotel and it is well maintained with all facilities such as free wifi, hotwater etc. Each room has balcony with good view and all rooms are big in size.
At around 8.45 PM I had very tasty dinner at hotel.

This was Map for day 3

Coming up … NEXT Chamera Lake, Salooni, Padri Pass…. Reaching at Bhaderwah, Gupt Ganga, Vasuki Temple, Chandi Temple and Fresh Apples on road.

Click HERE for next update.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
I reached there before dark. I got this Hotel Megha View (098169 34020) at Rs.600 from Goibibo. Where as they charge more than Rs.1200.

An old lady runs this peaceful hotel and it is well maintained with all facilities such as free wifi, hotwater etc. Each room has balcony with good view and all rooms are big in size.
At around 8.45 PM I had very tasty dinner at hotel.

Looks Great !
How was Parking ?
Car Parking is there ?
How far it is from Dalhousie Bus Stand ?

mousourik

Who Am I
Marvellous photos.

We also spotted that beautiful village while descending from Jot pass, but did not know that its name is Chowari. And we also tasted that sweet at the pass - it is great.

Your next part is towards the area where we had plans to go, but did not. Looking forward to it eagerly. :)

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Marvellous photos.

We also spotted that beautiful village while descending from Jot pass, but did not know that its name is Chowari. And we also tasted that sweet at the pass - it is great.

Your next part is towards the area where we had plans to go, but did not. Looking forward to it eagerly. :)
@mousourik ji Thank you.
Chowari is really beautify .
There should be one sigh board at Jot pass mentioning about famous Sandesh sweet , so that all can know.

next part is..... Apple & Apples :):-D:grin::D