sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Day 9 = 4th April, 2018

Hazaribag to Cuttack

Total 565 KMS

Today I was to reach back home. Got us early and was ready at 6:45 AM to leave. As restaurant was not open yet, I decided to have my breakfast at Ranchi.
I took this picture of Nandgaon Lodge and started my journey back home.

As highway was almost empty, I wanted to cross Ramgarh early.
Just around Ramgarh I met some school girls going to school. I stopped near them.

I talked with them about my message of this ride ie EDUCATE GIRL CHILD.

They listened to me fully about importance of education for girl child and now a day, higher education for girl child is necessary.
They even posed with my bike and flag.

I distributed them toffees and we took a selfie before leaving. You never know any girl among these could become some big personality tomorrow !

Moving ahead I passed through a road which had coal like formation on both side.

Looked as if the road is made after digging a coal mine.

I crossed Tropic of Cancer line and then Ranchi. It was around 8.50 AM and I wanted to have breakfast now. At the end of bypass of Ranchi , there is a place called Rampur.

I saw an eatery on left side and decided to have breakfast there.
It was Milan Dhaba and fast food. It was also written Jaana Pehchhana Family Hotel.
Stopping and eating breakfast was a mistake of this ride. I ate Puri Sabji and Amul cool.
I strongly recommend NOT to eat anything at this place.

I did not feel ok while having sabji. But somehow I finished it and start riding towards Ranchi-Jamshedpur- Chaibasa road.

While riding ahead I want not feeling well inside my stomach. At around 11.45AM, I stopped for a break. Chaibasa was 25 kms away from here.

just after 2-3 kms I felt like vomiting. I stopped and vomited. Felt so bad. I understood that I eat bad breakfast on that Milan Dhaba, specially that puri sabji.

I felt very weak afterwards. I took a long break sitting below a tree there.
I reached Chaibasa, but did not feel like having lunch.
I had glucose biscuits and started riding again.
I took another break at 1:15 AM after Haat Gamhariya village.

At 1.45PM , I crossed Jaintgarh and then Baitarani River Bridge.

After crossing Baitarani River Bridge I was inside Odisha again.

Panikoili was 172 kms from here and from Rimuli onward there will be very good 4 lane road till Cuttack.

Just After riding another 10 minutes, suddenly the weather changed.

Rain started heavily and I took a shelter near sub lane. I did not carry any rain coat or any protection from rain as I was riding in summer. I only had a polythene bag to protect camera.

This was last picture of this ride.

Rain halted my ride there.

This is a short video when I took shelter in rains.

As there was no sign of rain stopping or slowing down, I decided to ride in rain. I had no rain coat, then also I moved ahead. I kept my mobile and DSLR Camera inside polythene bag and started riding in heavy rains.

I was riding at a speed of 40-50 kmph only. Wind was also so fast that rain drops were hitting me hard. I was completely wet.

I crossed Keonjhar, Ghatgaon and reached Similia. Rain also stopped that time.
I stopped there and changed my wet clothes with dry ones. I had some biscuits there.

I reached Panikoili and then crossed Chandikhol.
But to my bad rain again started and my new cloths were wet again. I was riding in full torrential rain.

Just as I entered Jagatpur, outside Cuttack, there was power cut due to heavy rains.
It was dark and I was riding very slowly in rains.
Somehow I reached home at 7PM. I was fully drenched.

I could not take any picture of me arriving at home as camera & mobile were inside polythene bag and were kept deep inside main bag to protect them from rain.
I was greeted warmly by my wife
BINA. She congratulated me for success of this mega ride.

It was feeling so nice to be back home.

This was my ride map for the day.

I rode for 565 kms for the last day.

This was a ride of 9 days & I have posted total 268 pictures in this complete travelogue.

This was official announcement by Manipal University Jaipur for me and my ride.

Conclusion:-

So I request ALL those who have been gifted daughter(s) by God, Do make your daughter capable by highly educating her so that you don’t have to worry about her marriage.

Instead of saving money for her wedding day spend that money fully on her education. Prepare her for herself instead of preparing her for her marriage.

Educate her, teach her self love, self respect and confidence.

Make her capable.

Make her a better personality.

#BetiBachaoBetiPadhao
#Educate Girl Child

And my advice to all riders:-
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly. [-X
√ There is always someone who cares for you without your knowledge.:-k
While riding keep your family members and friends in mind, & do not take unnecessary risk. [-X
√ Ride with proper protective riding gears
. [-o<

Thanks you all for encouraging and appreciating me. :) =D>
GOD BLESS you ALL. Keep Riding and RIDE SAFE. :prayer:

:supz: :prayer: :prayer: :rock:

Coming up LAST ….. 16 newspapers’ coverage on my ride.

Last edited:

Gunin

What a lovely trip log!!

It takes immense levels of mental and physical fitness to pull off a ride like this. I hope I have that kind of energy when my baby son grows up. Really enjoyed going through the log.

Gaurav Dutt

ॐ नमः शिवाय
It Came to an end, but what a Log it was. Truly mesmerizing.

For that uneasiness which you had during your ride, I can clearly make out from the picture itself that the served Poori's were not the fresh ones.

Your message was Awesome and sir kudos for completing this wonderful journey... May you be blessed with more such journeys..

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
It Came to an end, but what a Log it was. Truly mesmerizing.

For that uneasiness which you had during your ride, I can clearly make out from the picture itself that the served Poori's were not the fresh ones.

Your message was Awesome and sir kudos for completing this wonderful journey... May you be blessed with more such journeys..
Thank you @Gaurav Dutt ji....

One thing I learned after that breakfast is to eat only where there is rush/crowd or where many people are eating. At least you will not get stale food.

Thanks again for your blessings and good wishes.