sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Ride Planning & Preparation

My Past Rides:-

I am riding since age of 16.
So I have 36 years of riding experience & done many small and big rides.
These are worth mentioning :-

1) Solo ride from Cuttack to Ranchi & back: - 3 days ride for 1095 km.

2) Distance Is Not A Measurement For True Love Of A Father :- 8 days solo ride from Cuttack to Manipal & back for 3865 km, just to meet my daughter = Travelogue Link

3) Solo maiden ride to Ladakh and Zanskar for 19 days for 3987 km = Dream > Explore > Discover =Zanskar & Ladakh Bike Ride, June 2014 = Travelogue Link

4) Solo ride to Deomali -Highest peak of Odisha & Duduma - Three big waterfalls at one place - Three days ride for 1263 km = Travelogue Link

5) MahendraGiri – Second highest mountain peak of Odisha – Three days group ride for 750 kms = Travelogue Link

6) S 3 = Sohra , Sandakphu & Sikkim - 4464 KM for 19 days- Travelogue Link

Also done many other rides around Odisha for 200 km to 700 km.

Ride Planning:-

My last big ride was Cherapunjee, Sandakphu & Sikkim in September- October 2015. After that I could not do any big / long rides. I did many small & medium rides across Odisha with xBhp:Bhubaneswar ride group for 1-2 days. And among those Ride to Chilika was a special one, as I rode with my daughter Neha. It was a group ride of 42 riders & we rode to Chilika Mouth from Puri Beach via beach route.

In these rides I always donated clothes, Saris & Dhotis to poor and needy people. My friend Pramod Chhapolia was providing me Saris & Dhotis to be distributed to needy ones in interior part of Odisha. And of course toffees were distributed to children whom I met during rides.

I experienced Joy of Giving in all these.

Preparation:-

I also did cycling regularly to keep myself fit for next big ride.

I was missing my younger daughter Neha since months, as she was studying B.Tech(C&CE) at Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ). So I decided to meet her in a special way by riding bike to Rajasthan from Odisha. This special ride to meet her will make her happy & proud. I finalized an appropriate date of ride with help of my wife BINA.

Route finalization:-

I started studying maps , Google Maps & Google Earth were very helpful for this. I had two options for routes.
A) Via central India Raipur- Sagar – Jhansi – Gwalior – Agra – Jaipur

B) Via G.T Road Ranchi- Allahabad – Kanpur – Agra – Jaipur.

As my age is 52, this time I decided to ride only on good highways avoiding state roads. So I consulted with India’s human GPS H.V.KUMAR Sir for road guidance. He suggested me to ride via Ranchi – Barhi – Varanasi- Allahabad – Kanpur – Agra – Jaipur route for good wide road all the way with many eateries and night stay options on the way.
I am always thankful to Sri H.V.Kumar Sir , as he always guided me in all my past long rides for crucial route planning.

As I was going to ride SOLO for around 3600 kms , I need to be prepared fully for the ride. I went to my Expert Bajaj Pulsar mechanic SABBAS BHAI and get my bike fully checked up.

Then I made a flag for the message of this ride & got the message “Educate Girl Child” flex printed, which can be easily readable and noticeable.

I took my old Viaterra Claw and waist pouch (both purchased in 2013) along with a new backpack. I purchased one bike mobile phone holder mount accessory for GPS navigation with USB charger by CHEVIK from Amazon for Rs.829. I also purchase one Air Seat for Rs.1970. Both mobile charges cum holder and Air seat were very helpful during this ride.

Lastly, I went to SaiBaba Temple seeking His Blessings for success and safety of this ride.

Now I was fully set for RIDE to NEHAsthan.

Click HERE for next update.

Last edited:

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
------ *** Page Break *** ------

(using page break because there will be lots of pictures on this page,which will then take time to load for viewers)

Last edited:

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©

(using page break because there will be lots of pictures on this page,which will then take time to load for viewers)

Last edited:

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©

Last edited: